PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Dungy post-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Watching one of the late shows (Gameday or Sportscenter, I forget), Dungy spoke and said something I found very interesting.

On talking about the disappointment of losing, he said, I had been hoping to be playing next week and now that won't happen.

I was surprised. It's the first time I ever heard a coach say he was not thinking about the game at hand, but was looking forward to a game a week away. Makes me very glad for BB's steadfast focusing on one game at a time.

It doesn't necessarily mean he was looking ahead. He's not that dumb after the way the Chargers had handled his team in the recent past. Could just be a figure of speech.

I think you are taking it the wrong way. All he is saying was he hoped he would be playing next week and he isn't. I am sure every coach in the playoffs hopes they will be playing the next week.

yeah that sounds like a reach

who isn't hoping to be playing in the conference title game or superbowl even? lol

Watching one of the late shows (Gameday or Sportscenter, I forget), Dungy spoke and said something I found very interesting.

On talking about the disappointment of losing, he said, I had been hoping to be playing next week and now that won't happen.

I was surprised. It's the first time I ever heard a coach say he was not thinking about the game at hand, but was looking forward to a game a week away. Makes me very glad for BB's steadfast focusing on one game at a time.

I for one agree with you i do think Dungy was looking ahead and so was his team....What he should have been hoping for was to WIN THE GAME. I too am so happy BB is our coach and BB would never ever make a statement like that nor would anyone on his team. It all starts at the top.

I for one agree with you i do think Dungy was looking ahead and so was his team....What he should have been hoping for was to WIN THE GAME. I too am so happy BB is our coach and BB would never ever make a statement like that nor would anyone on his team. It all starts at the top.
BB would say what he said after last year's loss

remember that? did he actually speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes