PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Article by King

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I don't understand how the best case is losing to the Jaguars. Didn't we beat them 28-3 last year?

primetime said:
I don't understand how the best case is losing to the Jaguars. Didn't we beat them 28-3 last year?
Yes, and their stud running back Cadillac Williams just went on IR with an ACL.

Last edited:
PromisedLand said:
Yes, and there stud running back Cadillac Williams just went on IR with an ACL.

Um... you mean Greg Jones, their backup RB/fullback?

PromisedLand said:
Yes, and there stud running back Cadillac Williams just went on IR with an ACL.
get the hell out of here.

My fantasty draft is tonight.

You got a link for that? if its true it's huge news.

no offense to the guy who posted it.. thank you.

But i think King is a moron.

The best case scenario for every team is 16 and 0.

I'm glad we have true football fans here who know who Cadillac Williams and Greg Jones are and who they play for. :bricks:

primetime said:
Um... you mean Greg Jones, their backup RB/fullback?
Oops... my bad. :D Yes, it was Greg Jones. Cadillac plays for the Bucs. And Fred Taylor was recently named the Jags starter over Jones, but Jones is a bruising runner who was nevertheless expected to take a lot of the carries this year so it is still a significant loss.

Last edited:
he has the probability of us beating the colts as +1 and on the colts' page, their probability in the same game is +1 as well....so according to King, odds favour both teams winning that one??????

primetime said:
I'm glad we have true football fans here who know who Cadillac Williams and Greg Jones are and who they play for. :bricks:
:mad: Ha ha ha. So true football fans like you, presumably, never make mistakes? :rolleyes: Give me a break, buddy.

PromisedLand said:
:mad: Ha ha ha. So true football fans like you, presumably, never make mistakes? :rolleyes: Give me a break, buddy.

That's correct, I never make mistakes. Thanks for asking.

Actually the statement was directed more at Keegs as yours was more of a brain fart and he didn't understand what you meant. Plus I really wanted to use that brick smiley. :)

I understand what you're saying, though. Taylor has the tendency to get hurt, and the Jags play the Pats very late in the season and by that time there's a real possibility that Taylor will have broken down. Now they have to turn to Toefield or Pearman instead of Jones.

Last edited:
I have to wonder how he gets that projection for the Colts. I'm not sure the Jags are geared up to beat Indy. But the Colts have to play each of the NFC East teams this year. How do they win all 4 of those games ?? And they have to play the AFC East which includes the Miami Dolphins who are going to win the superbowl. And, oh yeah, they have to play that Patriots team also. This is kind of strange.

ayjackson said:
he has the probability of us beating the colts as +1 and on the colts' page, their probability in the same game is +1 as well....so according to King, odds favour both teams winning that one??????

I don't believe these are his predictions, they are just what he says will be the best case scenario for each team. If you read all of the blurbs, you will notice that no team is below 8-8. So obviously there are plenty of games where he lists both teams as being able to win.

primetime said:

Actually the statement was directed more at Keegs as yours was more of a brain fart and he didn't understand what you meant. Plus I really wanted to use that brick smiley. :)

I understand what you're saying, though. Taylor has the tendency to get hurt, and the Jags play the Pats very late in the season and by that time there's a real possibility that Taylor will have broken down. Now they have to turn to Toefield or Pearman instead of Jones.
It wasn't directed at me.

If it was, it makes no sense.
He wrote Cadillac and i commented on it.

You don't have to backpeddle, you two were talking on the internet.

tatepatsfan said:
I don't believe these are his predictions, they are just what he says will be the best case scenario for each team. If you read all of the blurbs, you will notice that no team is below 8-8. So obviously there are plenty of games where he lists both teams as being able to win.

probabilities are probabilities....they should still add up to zero....the whole thing makes no sense is my point.

ayjackson said:
probabilities are probabilities....they should still add up to zero....the whole thing makes no sense is my point.
Well he is looking at each team independently though.

He listed all teams but when you click on one, you are supposed to apply any of the other teams' predictions.

Yes it is very stupid.

Is that the stupidest most subjective piece of garbage ever assembled?

I think it might be.

Somehow Indy has a better chance of losing at Denver than in New England. How can that be explained? Don't they have a history of destroying Denver by a zillion points every time they play while getting punked by the Patriots time and time again.

Total waste of time.

primetime said:

OK then! My feelings are soothed and keegs is p/o'd! :D Works for me! :p And yeah the bricks thing is fun, but I haven't found occasion to use it yet - I suppose it would be good to use on trolls...

There are details we can question for sure, but just the fact that he thought to write such an article and invented this scoring system shows why I like Peter King's work.

Gawd, don't *do* that to me ... Cadillac Williams is on my fantasy team.

King ... he's an odd mix of inventiveness, decent writing, and utter cluelessness. He's pretty fun to read, sometimes comes up with good ideas for his columns, but his actual analysis is below your average football fan in a bar. He's the uncle who thinks he knows football, but just spews garbage conventional wisdom, but he's nice enough you tolerate it.

This piece is both the good and the bad of King all in one ... it's kind of a cool idea, but the actual analysis is terrible. By his reasoning the Pats have the exact same chance of winning in road games in Miami, NYJ, Minnesota, Denver, and GB. I mean, Miami may be a touch overhyped, but they surely have a better chance to beat NE at home than do the Jets, Vikes, or the Packers. And those "odds" are also exactly the same as Miami has of beating the Patriots in NE. WTF?

And then he ends it with saying that losing Vinatieri will cost the Patriots 2 wins! What garbage that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes