PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Insider Buzz: Broncos Will Start Brock Osweiler for Remainder of Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
In support of the pats you all didn't mention we didn't have Dion Lewis and solder is gone too. And we almost beat you guys with our b-team and all the help you got from the refs.

this feels like cherry picking to me... at the end of the day you guys had the threat of a known run game last year and so far this year you don't... perception of how it got there, i don't know how that matters...

because we Denver fans used the same logic on why it didnt matter that our run game was poor

the pre/post hightower injury run stats have been well documented... maybe you're right... personally i think we'd still have amassed a decent day on the ground, but certainly not a 5+ypc avg... so yea we did catch a break in that regard... i agree

just to put it in perspective, the worst offense in football gains just under 300yds a game... are you saying even with backup WRs and Gronk(for almost the entire game), that a Tom Brady led offense is as bad or worse than the worst offense in the league?... Pats will be short on offense next game too, do you expect the Pats to have 300yds or less against Philly?... i'm not saying you have to be impressed, but whether you use eye balls or stats, i don't know how you can argue Denver doesn't currently have a top tier D... for me, i do't care who the personnel, if my team can hold Tom Brady to 24pts, i'm taking that any day of the week...

We didn't have a very threatening run game last year at all. There were a few games where we had success vs teams we usually run well against. A lot of the rushing yards came due to the threat of our passing attack. I assure you Baltimore and Seattle did not think our run game was a threat. Again, I am unsure what the 2013 Broncos or their fans have to do with the Patriots. The 2013 Broncos were unsuccessful, and only put up 8 points in the SB, while the Patriots had success using the short/quick passing game as a substitute for the run game last year in the playoffs. We averaged 36 PPG in the postseason with no run game (outside of the Indy match up, who we always run well against.) Once we get all of our weapons back, there's no reason why we can't duplicate that. If Trey Williams can do even half of what Lewis did for us this year, that will be a bonus.

Brady's weapons that we fielded on Sunday were easily the worst in the NFL. It's really not even close. Keshawn Martin, James White, Brandon Bolden, Chris Harper, Asante Cleveland, etc. We did have Gronk for most of the game, and he had a big game despite receiving by far the most attention from your defense since all our other receivers were scrubs. We were moving the ball on his final drive, and we very well may have scored, but once he went down we had nobody. That Brady managed to drive down the field for a game tying FG, with a bunch of nobodies, is shocking to me. Even with Brady at QB, that's not something that should have happened. I don't think a team like Buffalo (who held us to 20 points at home with Gronk playing a full game and Amendola playing) would have allowed that to happen.

Last edited:
We didn't have a very threatening run game last year at all. There were a few games where we had success vs teams we usually run well against. A lot of the rushing yards came due to the threat of our passing attack. I assure you Baltimore and Seattle did not think our run game was a threat. Again, I am unsure what the 2013 Broncos or their fans have to do with the Patriots. The 2013 Broncos were unsuccessful, and only put up 8 points in the SB, while the Patriots had success using the short/quick passing game as a substitute for the run game last year in the playoffs. We averaged 36 PPG in the postseason with no run game (outside of the Indy match up, who we always run well against.) Once we get all of our weapons back, there's no reason why we can't duplicate that. If Trey Williams can do even half of what Lewis did for us this year, that will be a bonus.

Brady's weapons that we fielded on Sunday were easily the worst in the NFL. It's really not even close. Keshawn Martin, James White, Brandon Bolden, Chris Harper, Asante Cleveland, etc. We did have Gronk for most of the game, and he had a big game despite receiving by far the most attention from your defense since all our other receivers were scrubs. We were moving the ball on his final drive, and we very well may have scored, but once he went down we had nobody. That Brady managed to drive down the field for a game tying FG, with a bunch of nobodies, is shocking to me. Even with Brady at QB, that's not something that should have happened. I don't think a team like Buffalo (who held us to 20 points at home with Gronk playing a full game and Amendola playing) would have allowed that to happen.
i hope you're not implying Buff's d is better than Denvers... i don't even think Buffs d is better than NEs defense...

but in any event, it didn't shock me... Brady is the best QB in the league... that's why i feel sometimes the injuries on offense to NE is a bit exaggerated... Brady makes his receivers great, not the other way around... the only player needed is Gronk... and then an honorable mention to Edleman...

a Brady led offense is still at least a decent offense... i think to say otherwise is a slight on Brady...

The broncos are making a huge mistake starting Osweiler over Manning. Manning still has a strong arm and is clutch in big games. I hope the Broncos rethink their decision and get Manning on the field ASAP. ;)

i hope you're not implying Buff's d is better than Denvers... i don't even think Buffs d is better than NEs defense...

but in any event, it didn't shock me... Brady is the best QB in the league... that's why i feel sometimes the injuries on offense to NE is a bit exaggerated... Brady makes his receivers great, not the other way around... the only player needed is Gronk... and then an honorable mention to Edleman...

a Brady led offense is still at least a decent offense... i think to say otherwise is a slight on Brady...

I think Buffalo's defense is a scarier match up for us due to Rex Ryan.

It's more than just the lack of talent. It's the lack of chemistry. Some of these guys were either just called up from the PS or were just acquired not too long ago. Brady is the best QB in the league, but there are limitations to what he can do with absolute scrubs that are at best 3rd stringers/PS players.

You can see statistically the impact losing those offensive players has had.

I think we're getting Amendola back this week which will help.

I agree with Kubiak's approach.
With that said, Kubiak could just take the BB approach and just say, 'I'm doing what I think is the best interest of the football team and what I think is the best path to helping us win games.' and say to hell with Manning and this sacred cow BS.

I think the whole thing is out of control with Manning, I agree with the BB strategy but Im not convinced anyone in the Broncos organization has the balls. It is a **** show out here in Denver.

I think Buffalo's defense is a scarier match up for us due to Rex Ryan.

It's more than just the lack of talent. It's the lack of chemistry. Some of these guys were either just called up from the PS or were just acquired not too long ago. Brady is the best QB in the league, but there are limitations to what he can do with absolute scrubs that are at best 3rd stringers/PS players.

You can see statistically the impact losing those offensive players has had.

I think we're getting Amendola back this week which will help.
well to your point, Rex did a much better job game planning against Gronk... i don't know what Wade was thinking letting Gronk face single coverage vs our safeties...

The hype with this guy is annoying. The Broncos are still barely squeaking by teams, just like they were with Manning earlier this year.

With Osweiller they squeaked by the wounded offense of the Bears (no Forte, Jeffery, Royal) and their no-name defense (seriously, try thinking of a player on that defense) and then of course we all know what happened Sunday night when they couldn't squeak by the practice squad players of New England --- except they eventually did, mostly with the help of some zebras.

The fact this guy got offensive player of the week against the Bears and a Sports Illustrated cover for his play against the Patriots is an absolute joke.

What's with the world constantly rewarding & hyping up mediocrity?

Can we give broncosgc some credit for debating without resorting to personal attacks? Love these kinds of other teams posters to at least hear a different perspective. Even if it's wrong ;) welcome to the board!

Can we give broncosgc some credit for debating without resorting to personal attacks? Love these kinds of other teams posters to at least hear a different perspective. Even if it's wrong ;) welcome to the board!
ha!... hey thanks, classy post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back