PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Initial Thoughts ... (Patriots lose to Arizona Cardinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy with all due respect I am a grown man. I am not going to go back and forth with another grown man on a forum about who is right and wrong. If it means that much to you then I am unsure if they ran a draw on specifically 3 and 10 so you could be right and I could be wrong. My answer was not intended to be cute nothing I do is intended to be cute I am a 33 year old man who loves motorcycles and football.

Boy, (I mean... man...) are you in the wrong place!

I can see your point when it comes to arguing right or wrong over what is actually subjective ideas and concepts, however when you are discussing objective information and data, a grown man will admit it when he's wrong and not take it as a personal attack.

When you say something happened and someone shows factual data that it didn't, you're wrong. Just admit it and move on. It's not a big deal. 90% of the members of this forum can do this. The other 10% are attorneys who find it fulfilling to argue over minutiae and use this place as practice for their day job.

Rob Gronkowski went to the University of Arizona.. so I take it you hate him? :p

So did Bruschi, so I will amend my point to mean just selected Patriots games against AZ teams and/or played in AZ since 2007.
Today's game and Superbowl XLII in particular. Of course, there is no comparison between the magnitude of those two games, despite some posts you might read today.

Why wouldn't we run the draw play in that situation? I saw the giants run that draw play on a 2pt conversion and a TD both on the 3 yard line IIRC. I know different teams ect but ARZ was expecting the pass..why not use the draw in that situation?

They used it all day. I felt like Ari would have been caught off guard on that.

Does anyone had any stats of the % of run/pass on 2pt conversions that tom brady has tried?

If you want 100% certainty, talk to God.

In football, the only thing that is 100% is the win/loss record.

Sadly, it is actually 50%, today ~ .500, if you will. :nooo:

But I get your point.

To quote a good movie:

"Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

For The Win, Brother Zona!!
beer.gif

eastwood4.jpg

Lots of people getting the blame for the loss but no mention of board fave Nate Ebner and the blocked punt he gave up. If we're going to apportion blame, let's share it around equally (or more sensibly, let's just blame the team as a whole rather than picking out individuals).

Good point.

As much as I adulate Nate Ebner and his Potential, he failed BIG on that Play.

I would also say the fans leaving in droves before the game was really decided rivaled #9.

My brother and I were like WTF?

Indeed. :mad:

If I ever make my 100 Billion and buy out Kraft, I'm gonna make Season Tickets perpetually conditional on deserving them.

When it comes to Season Tickets, deserving will have everything to do with it.

Think we'll have a much better idea of what this team is alll about after the Raven game.
People went overboard in praise after the Tennessee game and now some are going overboard in criticism after the Arizona loss.
Patriots offense seemed out of sorts from the first minute yesterday.
Love the young playmakers on the D but it's hard to know where this defense is as a unit because they simply haven't faced a top notch QB.

Think we'll have a much better idea of what this team is alll about after the Raven game.
People went overboard in praise after the Tennessee game and now some are going overboard in criticism after the Arizona loss.
Patriots offense seemed out of sorts from the first minute yesterday.
Love the young playmakers on the D but it's hard to know where this defense is as a unit because they simply haven't faced a top notch QB.

You remember the board last year after they lost 2 in a row? Unreadable. End of the world ect

In other years, Ebner might, at every least, spend some time on the inactive list.

Good point.

As much as I adulate Nate Ebner and his Potential, he failed BIG on that Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST