PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy Forum - Miguel you're famous

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you'll notice later on in the thread, our very own MoLewisRocks kicks some pony-poster's arse. :D

And honestly, Miguel... your Pats cap site is one of the really cool things that makes being a Patriot fan so much fun. I think your work on that is kind of a source of pride for the rest of us. Y'know, kind of a "we're so hardcore, we've got a Miguel, what have you got? The local newspaper's word on your teams cap status??" :)

Agreed

Miguel's page is an invaluable resource to the die hard Pats fan. No-one else compares and I've looked around. We are a lucky bunch to have this source to reference.

It is another shining example as to why NE sports fans are the most intelligent (and loyal) out there. T-shirt's totally right on. What does any fan base of any team have anything to compare to.

Miguel, you are the one and only original. Thanx for all the hard work.

Thanks for all of the very kind words. While compliments from my fellow Patriots fans are greatly appreciated, I just have to shamelessly make a plug for my chosen charity.

A long-time family friend, my youngest sister's best friend, is on the board of directors of a soup kitchen and food pantry in Malden, Massachusetts that serves over 400 low-income and homeless families per month. I am asking that if you have found my salary cap pages useful that IF if you are able to do so, please make a donation to the
http://www.thebreadoflifeonline.org
Bread of Life soup kitchen/food pantry

Their address is
Bread of Life
511 Main Street
Malden, MA 02148-3918
ATTN: Mea Quinn Mustone
Please mention this website with your donation.

Miguel said:
Someone should tell Kray007 that option bonuses are already prorated and about
http://www.patscap.com/bradymanning.gif
Miguel: one suggestion for the next time you make these graphics--perhaps you could indicate (boldface, perhaps?) which money can/can't be pushed forward by restructuring. That would strengthen the argument even further over just how bad Pey-me-a-ton's contract is. . . .

ctpatsfan77 said:
Miguel: one suggestion for the next time you make these graphics--perhaps you could indicate (boldface, perhaps?) which money can/can't be pushed forward by restructuring. That would strengthen the argument even further over just how bad Pey-me-a-ton's contract is. . . .

The only money that can't be pushed back is the signing bonus proration.

I added a new graphic that shows possible redoes of the deals
http://www.patscap.com/bradymanningwithredoes.gif
If any one wants to download the excel workbook, they can at
http://www.patscap.com/toptwoqb.zip

Proof that option bonuses are already being prorated before being exercised.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13560069.htm
"The issue for the Titans is how they want to deal with McNair's monstrous salary cap figures. Right now, he is scheduled to cost the Titans $28.9 million against the projected cap of $92 million. However, that figure is bloated by a $12.5 million portion of a $50 million option bonus the Titans must decide on by March 3."

Not that I think that Kray007 is going to admit that he has been misinterpreting my numbers incorrectly. From Page 52 of the CBA -"Any amount specified to be paid for the exercise of an option by a Club to extend the term of a Player Contract shall be treated as signing bonus, pro-rated over the remaining term of the contract commencing in the League Year in which it is exercised or the last League Year in which the option may be exercised, whichever comes first."

Miguel:

If the CBA is extended in the next month and if the rules include the old 7 year limit, do you see anything that would prevent the Pats from tacking on a two-year extension to Brady's contract?

This would allow them to prorate this year's $12 million option bonus and $3 million "credit-card" redo over seven years instead of five, thus knocking down Brady's cap number for 2006 by another million or so.

Seems to me that the relatively level cap numbers for Brady after this season make additional backloading an obvious direction.

As a general observation, the Pats have pretty much used up any easy ways to clear cap space beyond McGinnest, Starks, Poole and dribs and drabs elsewhere. From here on out, freeing up cap space in future years is going to require hard decisions.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
And you'll notice later on in the thread, our very own MoLewisRocks kicks some pony-poster's arse. :D

And honestly, Miguel... your Pats cap site is one of the really cool things that makes being a Patriot fan so much fun. I think your work on that is kind of a source of pride for the rest of us. Y'know, kind of a "we're so hardcore, we've got a Miguel, what have you got? The local newspaper's word on your teams cap status??" :)

Well, here is a great big negitive about Miguel. It's because of him that I am here.

I use to use his draft pages and then his cap pages and when he moved it to this site, I followed. I lurked around for quite a while before I started posting. It's like he opened the door and a skunk let go in the house.

So, before you kiss up to Miguel, think of that.

hwc said:
Miguel:

If the CBA is extended in the next month and if the rules include the old 7 year limit, do you see anything that would prevent the Pats from tacking on a two-year extension to Brady's contract?

Nothing.

The question is really how much dead money are the Patriots willing to eat at the end of the contract. Right now, the Patriots could release an ineffecive 33-year old Brady at the beginning of the 2010 season without taking a dead money hit. Under your proposal the Patriots would have to account for $6.4 million in unamortized signing bonus proration if they felt like releasing an ineffective Brady during the 2010 season.

Last edited:
Miguel said:
Nothing.

The question is really how much dead money are the Patriots willing to eat at the end of the contract. Right now, the Patriots could release an ineffecive 33-year old Brady at the beginning of the 2010 season without taking a dead money hit. Under your proposal the Patriots would have to account for $6.4 million in unamortized signing bonus proration if they felt like releasing an ineffective Brady during the 2010 season.

You used "ineffective" and "Brady" in the same sentence.

That's not allowed here.

PATSNUTme said:
You used "ineffective" and "Brady" in the same sentence.

That's not allowed here.

An ineffective Brady is an oxymoron.

Last edited:
mikey said:
Some guy named Miguel has kindly posted a spreadsheet detailing the Patsies cap situation. Brady's

Stupid Colts fans.

Clearly they haven't heard about Miguella's sex change operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft