PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Increasing crowd noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw the rich ****ers out, and bring in the rowdy, drunk poor people :p

I was watching the SF-Seattle game and was impressed by the amount of noise that place created with a capacity less than our and yet 5 times the decibel level.

Is there any grassroots effort we can start to get people off there asses and make Gillette an opposing offenses nightmare?
Uhh, you do realize you can't tell how loud a stadium is by listening to a TV broadcast, don't you? It all depends on where they place the mikes, how many there are, what they set the mixer gain on those channels to, and so on.

It's like that guy who sits right behind home plate for every Sox home game. (You know the dude. He sits to the right of the ump). The guy has the best damn seats in the house, yet you never see him crack a smile, let alone "clap".

he works for the sox

I was watching the SF-Seattle game and was impressed by the amount of noise that place created with a capacity less than our and yet 5 times the decibel level.

Is there any grassroots effort we can start to get people off there asses and make Gillette an opposing offenses nightmare?

1. Stop blowing out teams so that fans can get into the game.
2. Move the stadium adjacent to Logan airport - lots of noise.
3. Have the Pats play at Fenway.

Well I was at the 'Skins game the other week and I was waaaay up in the 300's. I was so far up, the lights were in front of me.(Don't ask me how much I paid, cause it was too much). There were tons of Washington fans in that area. Anyways, before the game was out of hand, on a third down, I stood up and tried to "rally some troops". Seeing as there were only about 7 rows behind me, my goal was to get people in front of me to hear me. My biggest problem was from some old lady in a blanket behind me telling me to sit down. Sorry Grandma, I paid way too much for these crap seats to be quiet tonight. Maybe your grandson should have left you at home that night.

How many people are on the waiting list? Ticket prices are insanely high as it is. IMO, they need to expand the stadium. I suggest filling in the tower end zone. No other modern NFL stadium has a big hole in its side the way Gillette currently does.

Put seats in the part highlighted, and bump the capacity a few thousand...

Gillette.jpg

I really like the fact that they left that open, so that any old Joe Schmoe with 300 level seats or Standing Room tickets can walk up be on the same level as the playing field. How many other stadiums have that? It makes for a for a good photo op.
I agree that it's not that great for containing crowd noise though.

Plus, the stadium is perversely designed such that the 300 section noise goes up and out and the open ends do not reflect any acoustic waves.

You mean I lose my voice every game for nothing?!

Section 304 rules!!! :rocker:

Well I was at the 'Skins game the other week and I was waaaay up in the 300's. I was so far up, the lights were in front of me.(Don't ask me how much I paid, cause it was too much). There were tons of Washington fans in that area. Anyways, before the game was out of hand, on a third down, I stood up and tried to "rally some troops". Seeing as there were only about 7 rows behind me, my goal was to get people in front of me to hear me. My biggest problem was from some old lady in a blanket behind me telling me to sit down. Sorry Grandma, I paid way too much for these crap seats to be quiet tonight. Maybe your grandson should have left you at home that night.

My girlfriend even noticed that there were more fans for the opposing team than there usually are. I did notice that it didn't seem as loud at that game. I don't know if fans are getting complacent or what. Also had some people start the "Lets Go Sox" chant in the 3rd quarter too. I think they forgot they were at Gillette and not Fenway.

I started a thread about this last season. I been to 5 different stadiums and all of them were way louder than Gillette. I think it's just spoiled fans we have here. I been to two Pats games this year(buffalo, washington). Both games were blow outs so we really had nothing to be loud about.

Two words: Free Beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye