PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inactives: Mallet, Faulk, Price, Thomas, Ellis, Cunningham, Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course...Taylor Price is the only one to get open deep last game vs man coverage and he is inactive today. Way to go Belichick :rolleyes:

Of course...Taylor Price is the only one to get open deep last game vs man coverage and he is inactive today. Way to go Belichick :rolleyes:
I know. Damn Belichick for injuring Price.

Shane Vereen time???

He was a second round pick. I wonder how many other second rounders from last yr have been shut out of the game, not related to injury?

Except Jason Babin is playing left defensive end and has 9 sacks. Trent Cole is the RDE. Shaun Ellis has been a joke in the Pats new 4-3 defense. Offers absolutely no pass rush and mediocre against the run as well.
Thats not our defense. We don't play 2 small DEs that can do nothing but rush the passer.
If you think Ellis has been poor against the run you havent been watching

He was a second round pick. I wonder how many other second rounders from last yr have been shut out of the game, not related to injury?
Not injury related????????????

Thats not our defense. We don't play 2 small DEs that can do nothing but rush the passer.

Did you just call Trent Cole small?

Did you just call Trent Cole small?
Since the topic was Babin, no, but Cole is not close to big enough to be a LDE in our 43 or a DE in our 34 which is the same thing. Cole is at least 30 lbs too small for that.

Well maybe we should because I think rushing the passer is much more important than stopping the run for this defense, which happens to be literally one of the worst pass defenses of all-time.

For one thing, Vereen did have injury issues. For another, he has been in a few games already. He played on the first series on offense against Dallas.

The vets haven't peaked yet :eek:

The Price for Porcelain Glass was a 3rd rd draft pick... I had hopes for this kid, but he is always hurt:mad:

Well maybe we should because I think rushing the passer is much more important than stopping the run for this defense, which happens to be literally one of the worst pass defenses of all-time.
That doesnt change the fact that we arent going to acquire guys to play a position they don't fit.
Suggest what you want, I'll stick with BBs thinking, since it has produced the best record, most playoff wins, most championships and 3rd fewest points allowed on defense in the NFL since he arrived.
But hey, maybe the 3-4 Eagles have a better plan, I mean they have won a lot of SBs haven't they? :rolleyes:

I believe that Ellis, Price and Faulk are injured.

It is concerning that neither Cunningham and Price have not been able to contribute this year.

Of course, it is not all clear that Cunningham or Price would be active if they were healthy.

Notably, this means Barrett is active. Edelman is active. Brace is active.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesnt change the fact that we arent going to acquire guys to play a position they don't fit.
Suggest what you want, I'll stick with BBs thinking, since it has produced the best record, most playoff wins, most championships and 3rd fewest points allowed on defense in the NFL since he arrived.
But hey, maybe the 3-4 Eagles have a better plan, I mean they have won a lot of SBs haven't they? :rolleyes:

Fair enough, although personally I'm concerned that the game left BB's defenses behind a long time ago.

It is concerning that neither Cunningham and Price have not been able to contribute this year.

Of course, it is not all clear that Cunningham or Price would be active if they were healthy.

well, considering the team was talking about seeing "more price" all week, I would imagine he wouldve been Active.

injuries/ocho seem to have hampered his development...shame his hammy is acting up again

Cunningham is a healthy scratch.

It's too bad Price is hurt again.

After last week, I'm wondering if that's going to change this week. I could see Anderson playing more than just on 3rd downs. He, along with Carter have been our best pass rush. The Giants' passing game is much more of a threat than their running game, especially w/ Bradshaw out and of course with our passing D problems.

Fair enough, although personally I'm concerned that the game left BB's defenses behind a long time ago.
For the last 13 weeks of last season we allowed the 4th fewest points in the NFL, 2 more than the 3rd ranked Ravens, and 26 fewer than the Jets.
That is not a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case