PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In Stadium Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave when the game is in hand not when the clock hits 00:00. And only once have I ever left a game that we wound up winning. The Vikings game 20 years ago.

Similar to last night we walked away from our seats for one other game but charged back when the improbable happened. It was one of the Tuna Bowl games.

I don't really blame people who got up after that pick to leave lets face it the game was over at that point. We usually dont leave a one score game until the other team is taking a knee but even we got up to head out and then as we were leaving realized we would have a minute if we forced a three and out so we didn't go.

The real funny part as I explained above is we got seperated and the group of three charged by my older brother had to make the call on their own. My father being as superstitious as he is and all of us being so invested in the Pats are very grumpy when we lose and my brother didnt want to show up with his friends 10 minutes late to the car with us all further pissed so he kept going to the car even though we stopped to watch.

But it wasn't, at least you got to see it. I know the pinkies leave because they don't know the game well enough but if there's the slimmest of chances, and yesterday's was very slim I would stay, just in case. Whenever one of these games happen I'll always hear from a few people that left and kick themselves.
A group of my friends with seasons always stay unless it's impossible and I'm always right there with them, I guess I'm an eternal optimist and would hate to miss out celebrating a win like yesterdays.

To all the patriots fans that stayed til the end.....Thank You.
To all the patriots fans that left the game early.....You are pathetic, and you should give your tickets to some Real Patriots fans that care. Made me sick to my stomach seeing all the empty seats. Just sad.

The crowd was loud too, it was totally diffrent from week 2 vs. the Jets were at some points through the game you could here a pin drop.

To all the patriots fans that stayed til the end.....Thank You.
To all the patriots fans that left the game early.....You are pathetic, and you should give your tickets to some Real Patriots fans that care. Made me sick to my stomach seeing all the empty seats. Just sad.

I went from my seats to the concourse after the Brady int, then I watched our last drive from the last row and I saw a lot of people leaving that go to the games all the time and are loud and just good fans in general, I wouldn't call them pathetic, just frustrated. It reminded me of the opening night Bills game in 09 or the Chiefs game in 02.

But it wasn't, at least you got to see it. I know the pinkies leave because they don't know the game well enough but if there's the slimmest of chances, and yesterday's was very slim I would stay, just in case. Whenever one of these games happen I'll always hear from a few people that left and kick themselves.
A group of my friends with seasons always stay unless it's impossible and I'm always right there with them, I guess I'm an eternal optimist and would hate to miss out celebrating a win like yesterdays.

Obviously there are plenty of pinkies and coorperate "fans" that dont know the game well enough but I don't think last night fully qualifies.

We got the ball with just over 2 minutes and only one timeout, there was not supposed to be enough time for 2 drives so when Brady threw that pick it was natural to feel like the game was over and the only reason it wasn't was because it was the first play and virtually no clock ticked.

I am so glad I came to my senses and realized that there was still a chance but like I said we dont wait for the final tick of the clock but we usually wont leave until it has truly been decided either and even we jumped the gun.

For those that dont know my father has 6 seats in 134 and a buddy of ours actually had seats in the same section last night so there was 8 of us in all.

Right after the pick we decided it was over and started to leave. I waived down to some of the others and we all started walking out. we got split up a little and group of 4 was ahead of me and a grup of 3 was behind me but I decided I wasn't leaving the stadium until the Saints got a first down. As I was slowly walking the concourse watching on the monitors I caught up to the 4 ahead of me where My brother decided the same thing.

We were keeping an eye out for the other 3 but never found them.

The D held strong so we found some seats either in 129 or 130 (first time I have ever watched from a different section).

The offense went right down the field and when they scored we were going nuts I was in one row with two friends and my brother and father in the row right behind us. One of our friends was sporting the fear the beard so the first thing I did was give that thing a hard tug and then I turned to my brother and father to give them a hug only to find them on the ground as my brother inadvertantly tackled my father.

After taking it in for a few seconds we turned and headed out whooting and hollering.

I started yelling Lasaiz a les la bon tom rollet on my way out creole for let the good times roll.

We got to the car and found out that the other 3 (my older brother and in his in laws) did not stop and walked out and followed the last drive via crowd noise and smart phone updates.

We piled in the car and headed out of the parking lot. I lined up a few Saints fans on the way out with my Lasaiz a les la bon tom rollet chant. One guy had no clue what I was saying but another guy I got real good he got excited for a sec and thought I was a Saints fan and then realized I was taunting him but he took it well as he knew I got him.

Got back to the house turned on highlights, the sunday night game, and the Sox. The 8 slowly dwindled to just me and my father and in about the 6th inning I debated leaving my father house but again I did not leave and again the faith was rewarded. Epic night!

What he didnt say, because he doesnt know, his brother is 6-1 225 built almost like Ridley and now, i am here at MGH waiting for Dr Gill to fix my broken back. Gronks mother is next to me and she said to be careful.

Just kidding.......we had a freaking blast and let's hope for a whole lot more fun this season.

We have a defense again (with a little help from the damn injury bug) and that is what has been missing since the glory days.

Speaking for myself and others on this board who turned their TVs off with the interception, I (perhaps we) were under the impression that the Saints could take 3 straight knees and the game was over. I was sure the Pats had at most one time out left... so in the game after comments where all contributing assumed we had lost, I thot that the one guy who said otherwise was JOKING with us. a SHOCKER indeed.

Yes, I always watch right till the end, except in the kneel situations. This was a first for me... to get this wrong somehow.

The ending was epic! You should have seen it! :p

The ending was epic! You should have seen it! :p

Well, I got to see the TD PASS after but not the whole development--yeah I missed alright.

However, I learned my lesson, and stuck with the Red Sox game. Which of course also had an epic ending.

I don't understand leaving early at a game with TFB as QB. How are you ever supposed to witness and partake in celebrating, as you guys did in a fantastic comeback win if you leave :confused:

I know the chances are slim but chances are nil of ever witnessing a great finish if you leave. For the record I've never left a game early but have yet to witness a miraculous finish. If one ever happens at a game I attend I guarantee I'll be there.

I was there and we stayed for the whole thing, because like you said, TFB! But I honestly wasn't surprised to see people leaving after the pick, what did surprise me though is some people started leaving after the Saints scored. We were down 1 with over 3 minutes left, it was ridiculous. Then when they didn't convert the 4th down another wave left.... :rolleyes:Oh well, I know some people who were very upset with themselves this morning....

All in all though, I thought the crowd was pretty good. We were screaming our lungs out on D, right up to the 3rd and 20 td, but I have to admit that was pretty deflating. We did get back up for the defensive stand after the failed 4th down, and of course those of us who were left went nut after our td!

All I know is, my voice is still shot and the headache I gave myself by screaming still shows up when I cough or sneeze.

I think the best to sum up the night is....

Best.
Game.
Ever!

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

I am a Patriots fan..it must be close to 25 years now and I just got back to Halifax.

I have never seen a game in Gillette, Sunday was my first.

There was no way in hell I was leaving until the clock hit triple 0. I was originally up in the second to last row of the stadium and i told the wife, 'man I am getting dizzy, we are heading down closer!'...:). So we watched the game from the 300 level concourse.

I remember half way through the 4th people were leaving and I was pissed. Football season is 16 games plus. It is such a great atmosphere. I am so jealous of you all and fans that get to go watch this organization and this team play. So jealous.

.I have never high-fived so many strangers in a 20 minute period...real fans.

It was simply a wonderful time and I wish I would have got to meet some of you. Hopefully another time...!

The atmosphere was very exciting and the call by Zo was raw. Loved it..

I was at the Ravens game in Baltimore in 2007. That was super fun, just screaming and yelling and hugging strangers. Yesterday's game was better though.

Wow talk about different experiences...I was just trying to get out of their without getting murdered. My two friends and I were the only Pats fans in our section.

Wow talk about different experiences...I was just trying to get out of their without getting murdered. My two friends and I were the only Pats fans in our section.

Heh, I was the ONLY Pats fan in my section. I was right down where Gaffney caught the winning touchdown. When that happened I sat down, put my head down to my knees and silently screamed "YES!!!" An old Ravens fan in the row ahead of me was crying.

the only game where i left really early.....was the ravens playoff game in what...08? Ray Rice first run a 60 yard TD...left in the 3rd...

the only game where i left really early.....was the ravens playoff game in what...08? Ray Rice first run a 60 yard TD...left in the 3rd...

2009. I was there, easily the worst playoff game of the Belichick era. A true stinker for which the team deserved a little heat from the fans who paid for that. I was there.

my feet are STILL frozen solid from that game....75 yard Ray Rice run opening series...Flacco went 4 for 9, the Ravens buried us...4 for frickin' nine...tghey knew every play we ran before WE did...**** that game

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes