PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm still angry about my Fantasy Football Team's Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok i don't understand this. and i don't think i ever will.

overall... LT's Tears was the first pick out of the hat and won the first draft slot. Me, being the brain surgeon that i am, chose the 4th slot with plans to get Joseph Addai. Unfortnately, Addai was taken 3rd.

After Addai was taken, i chose Shaun Alexander. A fantastic pick that is still paying dividends today.

Anywho, i planned on taking Drew Brees on the way back, but some pipi smoke took him with the 11th pick, so i had to settle for Tom Brady.

This was a 12 team league with 6 making the playoffs... and LT's Tears finished 2nd in overall points scored.

so what i want to know is, how on God's green earth do i finish 7-9 and not even make the godammn playoffs?

What are the odds of this happening? this was ridiculous. I'm still bitter about it.

How do you finish 2nd in scoring and miss the playoffs

Last edited:
it's called karma.
you tried to get brees over brady.

anyone who disrespects the pats lives to regret it.

I think the final week I had, like, 9 pats on my team.
but to be honest, I just picked up about 5 that week and had them on my bench.

Bad luck. See, you could score second highest, but if every week your going against the highest scorer, well, your done. I have seen leagues where the lowest scoring team gets into the playoffs because they had a soft schedule, sorta like they played good teams when they had bad weeks, bye weeks, etc, then a high scoring team misses playoffs by a game or two, because when they score an insane amount of a points, their opponents score and insane amount of points +1 to beat you. Been there done that many times.

overall... LT's Tears was the first pick out of the hat and won the first draft slot. Me, being the brain surgeon that i am, chose the 4th slot with plans to get Joseph Addai. Unfortnately, Addai was taken 3rd.

After Addai was taken, i chose Shaun Alexander. A fantastic pick that is still paying dividends today.

Anywho, i planned on taking Drew Brees on the way back, but some pipi smoke took him with the 11th pick, so i had to settle for Tom Brady.

This was a 12 team league with 6 making the playoffs... and LT's Tears finished 2nd in overall points scored.

so what i want to know is, how on God's green earth do i finish 7-9 and not even make the godammn playoffs?

What are the odds of this happening? this was ridiculous. I'm still bitter about it.

Shaun Alexander? Well, that was bold if nothing else.

Who was taken second and third? Sorry, I'm just a geek for Fantasy Football.

I won the first pick in the Draft in my work fantasy league (14 teams) and of course the no brainer was LT. That POS F*cked up my entire damn season along with Chad Johnson.

You're pissed?? I drafted Philip "Bleepin" Rivers!! Had Alexander too. Had a great receiving corps; Fitzgerald,A.Johnson,W.Welker,Witten and D.Clark. But, only snuck in playoffs at 7-7. I had the Jacksonville tandem of F.Taylor and Jones-Drew. Never knew which one to play. Sat them in initial game at Pitt because worried about Steeler D,weather and lousy field. Of course, Taylor went nuts and i lost playoff gm. by one point.

I had Brady, Ryan Grant, Marshawn Lynch, TO, and Braylon and went 11-2. Then I lost week 2 of the playoffs due to all of the NE crap weather and the beginning of TO's ineffectiveness.

Another guy in my league had Romo, Moss, and LdT and went 10-3 and lost the same week.

does the league have a peckerwood penalty clause?

i think it went...

LT
steven jackson
Peyton Manning
joseph addai
Douche Alexander
Larry Johnson
Billy joe Hobert
Billy joe Tolliver

i think it went...

LT
steven jackson
Peyton Manning
joseph addai
Douche Alexander
Larry Johnson
Billy joe Hobert
Billy joe Tolliver

Billy Joe McAllister?

Billy Joe McAllister?

i still think Billy Joe Tolliver and Billy Joe Hobert were the best 2 Billy Joes to ever play the sport of football.

They bled gold and black, and they would have easily traded a nut for a couple playoff victories.

i still think Billy Joe Tolliver and Billy Joe Hobert were the best 2 Billy Joes to ever play the sport of football.

They bled gold and black, and they would have easily traded a nut for a couple playoff victories.

that was a funny chapter in NFL history...now lets see if anyone picks up on the Billy Joe McAllister reference...

I had to pick in the 7th slot, but I was smart and picked up Brian Westbrook. He was an absolute stud for my fantasy team all year long. Yes this was a yardage league (10 yards per point).
I only wish I could have drafted Brady but somebody scooped him early in round 2, so I settled for Carson Palmer in round 3.
The thing is I made it all the way to the finals but then Palmer was simply terrible that week and I lost by 2 points. Well, those are the breaks.
At least 2nd place is better than missing the playoffs, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes