PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Im Predicting the Blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly why the rest of the country laughs at New England fans. You provide absolutely no evidence for your claims other than blatant homer-ism. I'm in shock at the ridiculousness of this post.

Cue Keegs in 3...2...1.

I predict that you definitely haven't been here long if you think i go around defending Mods all the time:singing:

That one did give me a chuckle. ;)

This is exactly why the rest of the country laughs at New England fans. You provide absolutely no evidence for your claims other than blatant homer-ism. I'm in shock at the ridiculousness of this post.

teach me how to be smart like you.

I would love a blowout too, however I came across this guys blog and thought he made some good points on how the Giants can keep it close...
lunchhournews.com

Yeah, right.....

the cool thing about this game is that if the pats D plays as good as it did last week, they should win.

that's why i'm wearing my Blue Bruschi jersey to the game (in case anyone was wondering).

If Tedy has an awesome game, chances are they will win.

I'm with you on this.... "Feeling" the blowout is just stupid.

My mistake. AJ was right on target with his Pats-Chargers prediction and is sure to be equally clairvoyant this time.

Sorry to have interrupted the ***********.

No you are not sorry, you are a troll, and your sole purpose was to insert yourself where you aren't welcome, for your jollies.

I predict a convincing win, say 35-21. Close at Halftime, then Eli remembers who he is and starts getting a little reckless with the rock.

No you are not sorry, you are a troll, and your sole purpose was to insert yourself where you aren't welcome, for your jollies.

I predict a convincing win, say 35-21. Close at Halftime, then Eli remembers who he is and starts getting a little reckless with the rock.

I'm not sure if that was intentional, but either way, that was comedy gold. Well played, sir!

teach me how to be smart like you.

It isn't that hard: back up whatever you say with some kind of fact or statistic. It's not that I don't think the Pats will win, but considering they margin of victory was only 3 last time these teams played, I don't see how you can logically say it will be a blowout. Everyone here wants it to be a blowout, of course, but just calling it with no backup makes no sense.
I mean really, it's not that tough to put a little effort into posts instead of just spewing nonsense like "Pats will win by 40 because I think they will."

i predict your opinion is about as valuable as a sack of manure.
Have you priced manure lately? You are overestimating the worth of his opinion!

It isn't that hard: back up whatever you say with some kind of fact or statistic. It's not that I don't think the Pats will win, but considering they margin of victory was only 3 last time these teams played, I don't see how you can logically say it will be a blowout. Everyone here wants it to be a blowout, of course, but just calling it with no backup makes no sense.
I mean really, it's not that tough to put a little effort into posts instead of just spewing nonsense like "Pats will win by 40 because I think they will."

Well, what's YOUR reasoning other than the "well last game was 3 points"?

"Last game was 3 points" ignores:

1) It was outdoors in cold weather - - this game will be either in perfect weather or in a closed retractable dome.

2) Patriots had their entire right side of the OL out with injuries. Not this time.

3) Patriots and Giants had 6 days between their games last time. This time 2 weeks. BB with 2 weeks to prepare for a team that the Pats had played 5 weeks ago?

4) Patriots - 21 players with SB experience. Giants - 3. (**Don't underestimate this factor. The Patriots win in SB 36 was largely helped by the negative experience that 10 of them had in SB 31. Bledsoe, in particular, has been greatly credited by Brady in preparing him for the time delay elements of the Super Bowl experience).

5) Maroney. What is becoming very apparent is that BB masterfully managed Maroney's workload this year. This is a 2nd year young player who does not have too much tread on his tires coming down the stretch and it is showing.
_________

Now. What do YOU have to show other than a lame (and insignificant) "well the last game was close on a cold night in NJ with 6 days between games and the right side of the Patriot OL out".
Now

Wow...the parade of AJ sycophants continues.

Instead of flaming and namecalling, how about attacking the issue points instead of the individual?

Here is the sum total of important "contributions" you have made to this thread:

"I predict that this prediction will be every bit as inaccurate as your Pats-Chargers prediction."

"I predict that this is not the last time you will rush to offer a knee-jerk defense of a mod's opinion on this site."

"My mistake. AJ was right on target with his Pats-Chargers prediction and is sure to be equally clairvoyant this time.

Sorry to have interrupted the ***********."

"Cue Keegs in 3...2...1."

"I'm not sure if that was intentional, but either way, that was comedy gold. Well played, sir!"

"Wow...the parade of AJ sycophants continues."

My mistake. AJ was right on target with his Pats-Chargers prediction and is sure to be equally clairvoyant this time.

Sorry to have interrupted the circle jerk.

You like to use this particular word in your replies. Is it just coincidence? I think not.:eek:

Well, what's YOUR reasoning other than the "well last game was 3 points"?

"Last game was 3 points" ignores:

1) It was outdoors in cold weather - - this game will be either in perfect weather or in a closed retractable dome.

2) Patriots had their entire right side of the OL out with injuries. Not this time.

3) Patriots and Giants had 6 days between their games last time. This time 2 weeks. BB with 2 weeks to prepare for a team that the Pats had played 5 weeks ago?

4) Patriots - 21 players with SB experience. Giants - 3. (**Don't underestimate this factor. The Patriots win in SB 36 was largely helped by the negative experience that 10 of them had in SB 31. Bledsoe, in particular, has been greatly credited by Brady in preparing him for the time delay elements of the Super Bowl experience).

5) Maroney. What is becoming very apparent is that BB masterfully managed Maroney's workload this year. This is a 2nd year young player who does not have too much tread on his tires coming down the stretch and it is showing.
_________

Now. What do YOU have to show other than a lame (and insignificant) "well the last game was close on a cold night in NJ with 6 days between games and the right side of the Patriot OL out".
Now

don't forget the D just played amazingly well in the last game.

Considering the circumstances, that might have been the Defense's best performance all year.

i'm not worried about our offense at all... but if our D shows up like last week, this thread's prediction may not be far off.

Last edited:
If you are not allowed to be confident when the team you love is 18-0, has scored over 640 pts, is lead be arguable one of the greatest QB and guided by arguably one of the greatest coaches of all time and a top 5 defense to back it up and your playing a team that you already beat, when exactly is a fan allowed to be confident with a "feeling"?:confused:
Maybe when its your team and they fit 1/3 of the criteria!

Patriot 55-14: Brady matches Steve Young's six TD. I could break it down put after watching this team adapt and dominate each every situation and challenge for 18 games you cannot deny that this may be a possibility

Hey Realtime and Wdkantro, you seem to have suddenly disappeared but the invitation still stands.

You have been ridiculing the "no facts to back it up", but you have yet to pony up.

Please give us YOUR reasons why this game will be close. Let's have some meat to your arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents