PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm infuriated with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really though id be satisfied with 4, but man the hunger never stops. Infuriating.

Four trophies is a lot now, but in twenty years a lot of teams will be there.

So get more than the other guys.

Let's see if Elway can keep the Broncos on top for 16 years before we decide whether he's better than BB or not.

He's better now, and that's really all that matters.

"I'm infuriated with the Patriots"

Superbowl champs last year, one game away from the Superbowl this year, what parts of your life have been even more successful than this that make you infuriated?

Or is the Pats success your measure of your personal happiness? If it's this, may I seriously suggest trying to find other aspects in your life that make you happy just to balance things out.
Shut uppppp with this ****

He's better now, and that's really all that matters.

No denying he's been very good but let's wait and see if the team blows up in a couple of years and they have a series of losing seasons before we write BBs obituary. As a matter of principle, BB doesn't build for the short term as Elway has. It's unfair to compare them in the short term.

I know who won the SB last year. Our mutually favorite team won by way OF AN ALL TIME GREAT QB PERFORMANCE.
Are you comparing our defense with Denver's??
The Denver D beat an excellent Steelers team and then took on the top 2 offenses in the league and shut them down in the 2 biggest games of the year. This is all with an offense that basically doesn't even pretend to be NFL caliber. I think they are BETTER than any in the last 16 years simply because they win games almost assuming ZERO contribution from the offense.
Our defense has luxury of knowing its offense will put up 27 points in a down week.
Big difference. A laughable one.

Only thing laughable is your take that the defense isn't good. Defense was good enough to win a SB last year and a SB this year and will be good enough to win a SB next year. All you chicken littles during '09-'13 whined about having a defense that was a SB caliber winning defense and now the Pats have one and you people have changed your tune to it not being dominant enough..

You might have had a point had the Pats not won the SB last year but you don't have a point now. And let's be clear, for as dominant as you want to make the broncos defense out to be they were Belichick deciding to take 3 points with 6 minutes to go away from possibly losing that game.

No denying he's been very good but let's wait and see if the team blows up in a couple of years and they have a series of losing seasons before we write BBs obituary. As a matter of principle, BB doesn't build for the short term as Elway has. It's unfair to compare them in the short term.

Elway put together a SB winning team with an over the hill Manning who is at best a game manager, BB had a team that fall apart at the end of the season with TFB, who is playing at an extremely high level.

Elway put together a SB winning team with an over the hill Manning who is at best a game manager, BB had a team that fall apart at the end of the season with TFB, who is playing at an extremely high level.

A team that got to the Championship game for the 6th year in a row despite having the worst injuries of any team in the NFL. In Elways time at Denver he has 1 SB win, exactly the same as BB in the same time period. I'm not clear how that makes him better.

....and if the Seahawks ran the ball.

The game is about making creative decisions in the matter of seconds. In the end, you can only look at the rate of success to failure.

Michael Jordan missed a few buzzer beaters. Belichick let Ebner kickoff.

I think you're missing the elephant in the room: the Denver D-line beating our O-line like a rented mule.

A team that got to the Championship game for the 6th year in a row despite having the worst injuries of any team in the NFL.

Well, 5 years in a row--which produced one SB victory, but I agree with your overall point about John Elway not even being in Belichick's zipcode (to borrow a phrase from Mercury Morris) yet.

A team that got to the Championship game for the 6th year in a row despite having the worst injuries of any team in the NFL. In Elways time at Denver he has 1 SB win, exactly the same as BB in the same time period. I'm not clear how that makes him better.

Don't forget 43-8 2 years ago or the 1 and done to the Ravens 3 years ago in denver. Or the 1 and done to Andrew Luck and the Colts in Denver last year. By the way I seem to recall someone from last year's broncos team saying how half the team wanted no part of coming to New England..

NE allowed 20 or more points in 11/18 games this year (61 percent), including 6/8 to end the season, and the last 4 games to end the year.

Yes, our defense took a step forward this year, but no--we're not on anything of the same level as DEN, who just had an incredible defensive season with very little offensive production. Hopefully, we get there eventually.

Look at my other post, BB has the GOAT playing for him, which makes winning a lot easier, Elway won not because of his QB but in spite of him.

The game is won and lost at the lines, look at Denver's lines, how badly was Manning pressured, how much did Denver pressure Newton? Elway did more with less.

Look at my other post, BB has the GOAT playing for him, which makes winning a lot easier, Elway won not because of his QB but in spite of him.

The game is won and lost at the lines, look at Denver's lines, how badly was Manning pressured, how much did Denver pressure Newton? Elway did more with less.

Elway built a very tough defense. When you can have first round role players for the future like Roby/Ray and you've already formed the toughest pass rushing duo in the league (LOL at all of the posters that said that Ware was old and done this season), you're doing pretty well.

That said, this is for one season. They just one a SB. Let's see their long term success, or lack thereof, before we go comparing them to Bill Belichick. One thing I respect them for is going hard after FA's such as Talib, Sanders, Ware, etc, but that could have a negative impact on their long term cap situation.

I believe that you may have actually just made the opposite point.

That's wonderful, now try backing up your assertion.

NE allowed 20 or more points in 11/18 games this year (61 percent), including 6/8 to end the season, and the last 4 games to end the year.

Yes, our defense took a step forward this year, but no--we're not on anything of the same level as DEN, who just had an incredible defensive season with very little offensive production. Hopefully, we get there eventually.

broncos allowed 20 or more in 8 games, 3 less than the Pats.. So going by this stat the Pats defense is somewhat on the same level.....

Watching him, Kubiak, and Peyton celebrate is F'ing disgusting.
I can't stand it.

Did circumstances compel you to watch? I'm on a tighter media lockdown myself for a bit.

I believe that you may have actually just made the opposite point.
You stated that games are won and lost on the lines.

I agree.

Do you believe that Carolina's lines outplayed Denver's lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back