PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm hearing rumors on Indy message boards- Peyton to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
And BTW ESPN needs a Favre succesor

Well ****, he's on my fantasy team in a 2 QB league and I'm left with Brady and Fitzpatrick. I'll roll the dice on Collins I guess, since he's the only FA who might start in my league.

Setting him up for comeback player of the year.

Setting him up for his "heroic" return this year, if you ask me -- probably in week 1 no less.

I don't buy it for a second, not until it's official.

Well ****, he's on my fantasy team in a 2 QB league and I'm left with Brady and Fitzpatrick. I'll roll the dice on Collins I guess, since he's the only FA who might start in my league.

I have him in a league as well.

Trying to trade him before the news breaks on BSPN.

Hope this rumor is wrong another surgery...... that may be it for his career, neck surgeries are very serious a bad hit?

Hate to see his career ended prematurely.

Hope this rumor is wrong another surgery...... that may be it for his career, neck surgeries are very serious a bad hit?

Agreed, I hope it isn't true.

After all is said and done I want there to be no excuse as to who is the better QB. ;)

Plus, the league is just better with Brady and Manning.

Here is a cryptic tweet from Jim Irsay:

Thou Jim L muddered those famous words n Apollo 13..I like,n the movie,Ed Harris declared "Excuse me sir,I think this will b r finest hour."

Twitter

Harris said this after in response to his superior saying "This will be the worst disaster NASA has ever experienced".

And even if it ends up that he just tweaked his neck, they have to go up against the Texans in week 1 with J.J. Watt, Brooks Reed, and Mario Williams looming in the Texans' front seven. They won't care about Peyton's neck condition. The question is what will happen to him when he suffers a major hit?

I'd rather the Pats play (and beat) Indy at full strength then hear all the excuses. Then again, we hear them whether they're full strength or not anyway.

I want to see Peyton end up as the meat in an idiot sandwich pressed and collapsed between Haynesworth and Wilfork.

Last edited:
Twitter

Harris said this after in response to his superior saying "This will be the worst disaster NASA has ever experienced".

What is this guy, 13? Between this dude and Polian, I find the Colts just nauseating.

(Plenty of respect for Peyton though.)

Actually it would end the look what they did with Cassell bs argument.
Pats went from 16-0 to 11-5. If Colts go from 10-6 to better than 5-11 the dropoff wasnt that bad.
With all the weapons they have put around him an average QB could step in and look pretty damn good.

But do you consider Kerry Collins, Orlovsky or Painter an average QB?????

I'd rather that his ballwashers didn't get a chance to use this season as a "look how important he is!" rallying cry.

Those people will never be stopped, regardless of what happens.

Just like Brady haters will always be Brady haters. Some of the awful logic...

2004 = "LOL, his defense does all the work"
2007 = "LOL, he just has to throw it deep and Moss does the rest."
2010 = "LOL he just throws 4 yard dump offs and his speedy receivers/backs do the rest. System QB."

Last edited:
I'd rather the Pats play (and beat) Indy at full strength then hear all the excuses. Then again, we hear them whether they're full strength or not anyway.

I want to see Peyton to end up as the meat in an idiot sandwich pressed and collapsed between Haynesworth and Wilfork.

Little-known fact: Man(ning)wiches are even better when you add Mayo. :D

Looks like you're screwed Week 7 (Pats and Bills share that bye week) unless you find a diamond in the rough by then.

Twitter

There is really just no reason to be posting that unless there is something to this. Although on coltsfreaks they seem to think Clayton was right when he said Peyton is doing just great and going to start week 1.

Personally, I do think he hurt his neck again rushing back to be ready for game 1.

Last edited:
Looks like you're screwed Week 7 (Pats and Bills share that bye week) unless you find a diamond in the rough by then.

tim-tebow-pictures%20(20).jpg

I'm so screwed...:bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

There is really just no reason to be posting that unless there is something to this. Although on coltsfreaks they seem to think Clayton was right when he said Peyton is doing just great and going to start week 1.

Personally, I do think he hurt his neck again rushing back to be ready for game 1.

That's true..... Seems odd that a "by all accounts" reliable guy would have multiple sources on something this major, jet there has been nothing major reported by other "NFL" based inside guys like Shefter, Clayton et all. It's been out over an hour now.

Seems a little weird. I'm tentatively calling BS on this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe