PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm Having Trouble Fitting In 5 RB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We seem almost locked into 3 Sters in Slater, Ebner and King.
============================
IMHO, the traditional total is 12 for QB, WR, RB and FB. I think that this total is very reasonable. Obviously, injuries at the end could change our views. However, I really think not. If we don't have a FB, we can carry an additional RB or WR.

TEN POSITIONS
2 QB
4 RB
4 WR

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE ?
5th RB
5th WR
1st FB

In the end, the team can choose as many as they want. IMHO, more than 2 sacrifices other units.

Here is one scenario that could play out:

1) Dion Lewis
2) LeGarrette Blount
3) James White/Brandon Bolden/Donald Brown
4) Draft Pick in the 2nd/3rd Round
Derrick Henry
Jordan Howard
Devontae Booker
Alex Collins
Kenneth Dixon
Paul Perkins

I would say one of the final roster spots will be between Bolden and Brandon King for special teams.

I was just looking at our roster and came up with 31 offensive players that could make the team right now. There are going to be some good players cut from our roster.

Blount, Lewis, White, Bolden, Devlin. Stash a RB on the practice squad either through draft or one that is already practice squad eligible.

Blount, Lewis, White, Bolden, Devlin. Stash a RB on the practice squad either through draft or one that is already practice squad eligible.

Most folks want a much more high profile draftee. Obviously a 2nd or 3rd round draftee will not make the Practice Squad. In any case, Belichick ALWAYS has put 2nd, 3rd (and 4th) rounders on the 53 man squad.

Most folks want a much more high profile draftee. Obviously a 2nd or 3rd round draftee will not make the Practice Squad. In any case, Belichick ALWAYS has put 2nd, 3rd (and 4th) rounders on the 53 man squad.

I don't see that...the only time they went high profile in the draft for an RB did not work out

after Elliott and Henry, every prospect has warts

may as well wait until later because guys like keith marshall and deandre washington have as much upside as booker, dixon, and howard

there is room for 11 RB/FB/WR on the 53 plus one more of each on the practice squad

Last edited:
active roster or the 53?
The 53.

Every draftee (4th round or earlier) has made the 53. I believe Kareem Brown ?? (DT) didn't last very long, but they all made the 53.

Last edited:
The 53.

Every draftee (4th round or earlier) has made the 53. I believe Kareem Broan ?? (DT) didn't last very long, but they all made the 53.

yup but if you recall that year, he was the 2nd player the pats drafted.......2nd rounder for welker......3rd rounder for who the hell knows

White, Vereen, Ridley, Maroney are the only ones recently that come to mind. Patriots don't seem to put a high priority on drafting RB. I guess I am in the minority then because I don't see a high priority for drafting a RB in the early rounds now that we signed Blount.

There is a slim possibilty that we draft a RB in the later rounds. I was thinking more on the lines of adding Joey Iosefa to Practice Squad. Not sure if he is practice squad eligible but I think he is. They picked him up and added him to the Practice Squad last year. I was thinking they might add a RB that was practice squad eligible through FA like they did with Iosefa if they don't keep him. To be honest, they might not even have one on the practice squad. They just might pick up a FA off the street if there is an injury.

If they draft a RB in the early rounds, then I think Bolden is at risk. Bolden is a good ST player but a mediocre RB.

Wouldn't be shocked if they don't draft a RB until round 6 and it's one of the Navy guys.

Well, a space did just open up...

1.Blount, 2. Lewis, 3.Brown 4. Bolden 5. A guy who can run in between the tackles.

Also should mention, we have no idea if Lewis is going to play right out of the gate, there's a possibility a James White vs Donald Brown battle could go on into the first few weeks of the preseason/season.

People are putting way too much stock in Lewis IMO. He's a unique talent no doubt but one that's played 16 games the last 4 seasons.

Dion Lewis out for a pass...

royalty-free-photos-3d-glass-men-head-art-12127325.jpg

o_O

We seem almost locked into 3 Sters in Slater, Ebner and King.
============================
IMHO, the traditional total is 12 for QB, WR, RB and FB. I think that this total is very reasonable. Obviously, injuries at the end could change our views. However, I really think not. If we don't have a FB, we can carry an additional RB or WR.

TEN POSITIONS
2 QB
4 RB
4 WR

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE ?
5th RB
5th WR
1st FB

In the end, the team can choose as many as they want. IMHO, more than 2 sacrifices other units.

When you've done this roster forecasting in past years, how has the situation been different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News