PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you wanna be the man, you gotta beat the man (I want ravens thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverinejoe80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I see many of you already wetting your pants for next week and possible playoff match up. why? this is what NFL is all about. teams feel the same way about us.

Ravens are worthy adversary. they are the champs. Don't be scared, and just welcome the challenge. they are the team to beat in AFC as far as I'm concerned. They are type of team who can neutralize great QBs and they are team on the rise.

I really want us to play them in the playoffs. I don't want no bengals, colts, or dolphins. I want the champs. i want the team that beat us twice in the playoffs in past 4 years. give me the best.

because if you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man.

images

I see many of you already wetting your pants for next week and possible playoff match up. why? this is what NFL is all about. teams feel the same way about us.

Ravens are worthy adversary. they are the champs. Don't be scared, and just welcome the challenge. they are the team to beat in AFC as far as I'm concerned. They are type of team who can neutralize great QBs and they are team on the rise.

I really want us to play them in the playoffs. I don't want no bengals, colts, or dolphins. I want the champs. i want the team that beat us twice in the playoffs in past 4 years. give me the best.

images

Wooooooooo!

I may be off base here, but I'm guessing the Patriots didn't want to be the cetacean :bricks: :(

Yeah. if the pats can someow play the jaguars and texans 4 times to get to the SB I wouldnt care. All this theory of "gotta beat the man" is nice to hear but no one cares in the end who playing. We need to make the playoffs first.

That quote makes no sense in a sport with playoff seedings. It's foolish in that context.

i wish Brady comes out and say I WANT THE RAVENS.

if we lose this year, i want to play them again and again. nothing is more satisfying than watching raven fans cry. nothing.

Yep we've handled the ravens well the past 5 years...

I have a video on what I want the pats to do. It pretty much simulates what the pats are fighting against and with, and we can still win it all. But I am not sure many would see the value in it that I do.

I just want them to make the playoffs

Is there any chance we could take your mindset and convince the league to let us play the Giants next week?

A lot of posters wanted the rematch with the Giants in 2011. How'd that work out?

my greatest fantasy

1. brady torching ravens D
2. brady beating manning again
3. brady destroying jets/fins/bills

:singing:

and man i hope we face the giants in the SB before Brady hangs it up. but looks like giants gonna have to rebuild

my greatest fantasy

and man i hope we face the giants in the SB before Brady hangs it up. but looks like giants gonna have to rebuild

And there is a reason why it is a fantasy lol

A lot of posters wanted the rematch with the Giants in 2011. How'd that work out?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

On top of that, I'd love to go back to the late spring/summer and see all of the so-called "experts" that repeatedly argued with me about the horrid state of the Ravens defense after "record setting" personnel losses in which they'd never be able to compete again. If anything, their defense is tougher than it ever was last year, and they had the capacity last year to turn it on when they wanted.

It's amazing how quickly some fans automatically scoff at some opponents due to what they read in the newspaper. I never claimed for them to be some great team, but I think they're exactly what they've been any other year--which is a gigantic pain in the ass. Nothing has really changed in my opinion.

my greatest fantasy

Let's just try and make it back to the big game one more time during the Brady years. That would be more than enough for me, and I couldn't care less who they played.

At this point no win vs the NYG is going to erase the past anyway, so I'd rather just try and move ahead, give credit (and good fortune) to the opponent, and put it in the past where it belongs. The thought of losing 3 times would be a risk that I would not want to take anyway.

Plenty of people enjoy the chance to take on and slay the dragon opposed to your disposition toward being the shrinking violet. Don't bother using this as a means to put down those people.

FTR, I wanted the Patriots to take on the Giants. They lost and life kept going on.

FTR, I wanted the Patriots to take on the Giants. They lost and life kept going on.

For you maybe.

I have been lodged in a state mental institution since early Feb. 2012, have most of my hair pulled out, a drooling problem, and regularly talk to myself about the drop by Welker several times a day.

Some of us didn't take it as well as others ;)

For you maybe.

I have been lodged in a state mental institution since early Feb. 2012, have most of my hair pulled out, a drooling problem, and regularly talk to myself about the drop by Welker several times a day.

Some of us didn't take it as well as others ;)
Following sporting teams is an enjoyment for me supa. To me, the truly meaningful experiences are the ones I create with the people around me, not the ones I live vicariously through others. For me, the real pleasure is the interaction with fellow fans and sharing in both the wins and losses. The improvement in my own football knowledge coming to Patsfans etc. is the real joy for me. Following a team that I know has a chance to win it every year is an added bonus.

Did it suck? Yeah. Was I ****ty for a few weeks after both losses? You bet.

Following sporting teams is an enjoyment for me supa. To me, the truly meaningful experiences are the ones I create with the people around me, not the ones I live vicariously through others. For me, the real pleasure is the interaction with fellow fans and sharing in both the wins and losses. The improvement in my own football knowledge coming to Patsfans etc. is the real joy for me. Following a team that I know has a chance to win it every year is an added bonus.

Did it suck? Yeah. Was I ****ty for a few weeks after both losses? You bet.

I'm just kidding and screwing around. I agree with you regarding your above statement 100%. The interaction with the fans here has been a great hobby for me in several ways.

As for the wanting to go after the NFL's best in this specific year, I'm not feeling quite as confident as you are, and I'd properly take the "shrinking violet" route with a smile of my face for the 2013 season. We can go back to dragon slaying when September rolls around (or at least February), once the team is in a bit of a better spot.

I'm just kidding and screwing around. I agree with you regarding your above statement 100%. The interaction with the fans here has been a great hobby for me in several ways.

As for the wanting to go after the NFL's best in this specific year, I'm not feeling quite as confident as you are, and I'd properly take the "shrinking violet" route with a smile of my face for the 2013 season. We can go back to dragon slaying when September rolls around (or at least February), once the team is in a bit of a better spot.
I certainly picked up your tone and inference, it was more I hate the idea of running away from a challenge, especially when those challenges can define a legacy (for good or bad). I find the notion of pulling off the improbable exciting.

It is what it is. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe