PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If You Need a Laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
and that's the season. I'm not sure what's worse having to listen to a new generation of dolphins fans in patriot jersey clamoring over an undefeated season or continuing to listen to the actual dolphins fans who are quite old lol. :) I guess this year buffalo prevent the former.

I watched right up until the 3 and out series after the new england touchdown then I went and hung out with my wife for our anniversary and had a great day. Hopefully this turns into a winless stretch of football and they don't win again, Rex and the GM get fired. Doug Whaley has put together the most fragile football team, undisciplined bunch of goons I've seen in a long time. It's difficult to be a fan of this garbage.

see you next year
I agree with your sentiments. It starts at the top, and Bills need to impose some common sense, practicality and shrewd, smart decision-making, and that seems to be in short supply in pro sports front offices, in general.

I think the Bills had a good stretch of very tough defenses and special teams, and then they got impatient. Fitzpatrick, Ryan moves are lunges out of desperation. This kind of stuff happens all the time though-look at the Red Sox-it's just that, with no MLB or NBA in Buffalo, it's just more magnified, and locally important.

Buffalo's main problem (if you accept the coach and gm have outlined a 1980's NFC style of football as a winning solution....) is as you saw yesterday, is the back half of the defense. they sort of "fixed" the front half of it in the offseason but woefully misjudged that back end. In ryan's scheme (which can be good) you need to be able to win 1 on 1 battles at corner back. If you have martellus bennet and rob gronkowski plus JE and Hogan in your division on 1 team..... the GM Doug Whaley should be the guy getting fired 2 weeks ago. You simply cannot expect to win 1 on 1 battles with GOAT throwing to that cast with those defenders.... if you can't cover them 1-1 then you subject yourself to the middle of the field or a dose of blount. Rex should've taken the blount beat down and covered the receivers but he doesn't have the talent to do that even if that was the goal. sure they clogged up the middle of the field but after a quarter it was easy to see what was going to happen here.

Buffalo is designed to win with a QB that is asked to make a couple of key passes here and there or key runs. The defense is a serious problem in buffalo, year 2. the Bills-Jets game was all I needed to see to know that and Miami reinforced it. Buffalo is suppose to win with the defense giving the offense many opportunities, good field position, turn overs, etc. What is happening is an exposure of bad defense.

If they find some way to "fix" the back half of the defense, keep the No. 1 running back healthy or at least the No.2 and have at least 1 viable wide receiver and not a couple of guys off the practice squad then the system is viable. throwing to charles clay down the middle only works when the relatively short qb has a sight line. designed roll-outs and such are needed for him to see the middle of the field.

today NE demonstrated again how to command a team, by getting rid of New England's version although lesser so "Mario Williams" which the latest version in buffalo is that garbage cornerback Gilmore... Buffalo will keep that clown and get nothing for him while New England solves 2 problems at once. Granted Collins is worth way more than Gilmore but the Mario Williams deal last year was just stupid, you fire the GM over stupidity like that and here we are repeating it with Gilmore.

Buffalo's main problem (if you accept the coach and gm have outlined a 1980's NFC style of football as a winning solution....) is as you saw yesterday, is the back half of the defense. they sort of "fixed" the front half of it in the offseason but woefully misjudged that back end. In ryan's scheme (which can be good) you need to be able to win 1 on 1 battles at corner back. If you have martellus bennet and rob gronkowski plus JE and Hogan in your division on 1 team..... the GM Doug Whaley should be the guy getting fired 2 weeks ago. You simply cannot expect to win 1 on 1 battles with GOAT throwing to that cast with those defenders.... if you can't cover them 1-1 then you subject yourself to the middle of the field or a dose of blount. Rex should've taken the blount beat down and covered the receivers but he doesn't have the talent to do that even if that was the goal. sure they clogged up the middle of the field but after a quarter it was easy to see what was going to happen here.

Buffalo is designed to win with a QB that is asked to make a couple of key passes here and there or key runs. The defense is a serious problem in buffalo, year 2. the Bills-Jets game was all I needed to see to know that and Miami reinforced it. Buffalo is suppose to win with the defense giving the offense many opportunities, good field position, turn overs, etc. What is happening is an exposure of bad defense.

If they find some way to "fix" the back half of the defense, keep the No. 1 running back healthy or at least the No.2 and have at least 1 viable wide receiver and not a couple of guys off the practice squad then the system is viable. throwing to charles clay down the middle only works when the relatively short qb has a sight line. designed roll-outs and such are needed for him to see the middle of the field.

today NE demonstrated again how to command a team, by getting rid of New England's version although lesser so "Mario Williams" which the latest version in buffalo is that garbage cornerback Gilmore... Buffalo will keep that clown and get nothing for him while New England solves 2 problems at once. Granted Collins is worth way more than Gilmore but the Mario Williams deal last year was just stupid, you fire the GM over stupidity like that and here we are repeating it with Gilmore.
Sounds like they need to add at least two - or three - big pieces to the defense. Having a dependable, solid D and an offense that rarely turns it over will get you into the playoffs.

Any chance of them really dumping Whaley? Then, people can start worrying about playing the Bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents