PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If You Need a Laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a little bit hypocritical to in one week believe you can win with anyone hiking the ball and the next week to say the guy hiking the ball is the reason you lost. <- Not all bills fans believe we won the superbowl as much as not all pats fans are saying we did. Most of my friends were wondering if there was an entire team/jersey swap yesterday and the officiating to go along with it.

for one day, you felt if only a moment of the life of a bills fan. I have to say though, I can't believe how empty that stadium was throughout. the entire red section mid field looked empty, for a 3-0 team WITHOUT Tom Brady.... in Buffalo, and say what you will, but we sell that place out in december when it doesn't even matter.

Say what you will but other teams had the same opportunity and 1 of them had the same qb....... those teams were to be better or at least equal to buffalo (my team).

I'm not hear to gloat, I'm just saying "we didn't win the superbowl" although for many of us it is sort of like that while it's usually a ho hum type of ordeal for you guys I suspect... just the bills... whatever. I partied after we beat JG in the game that didn't matter... this was more legit than that.

You will go on to be in the playoffs for the countless instance in 16 years while we have not seen the playoffs for 16, probably 17 and likely 20.

see you in a few weeks for a buffalo beat down, at least we got a split for once a broke some records.

---for what it's worth, it's funny all the noise us bills fans make about this matchup and how completely irrelevant it usually seems here and in New England. I remember as a bills fan fondly thinking of New England that way as well, we couldn't sell out pats/bills in the 90's...
Obviously, the sample of Patriots-rooters we're exposed to here do NOT in any way represent the majority of Pats fans...while the Bills are long-time rivals, we share much more in common than not. AFL brethren, and some real heartbreaks on the field over generations...we hate the Giants, so of course we were TOTALLY rooting for that kick to go through. You've got tons to be proud of, and of course you're right you bang the place out for big games. One play that I remember vividly was when Kelly's winning TD pass was just dropped in Cleveland, I think it was '89? Of course, the big comeback vs. the Oilers...anyway, in recent years you've had superior special teams and a decent D, the record vs. Pats does not accurately reflect the level of competition in the AFC East. Media people (especially here?) like to make incorrect hyperbole generalizations. So thanks for your posting and your patience, it's great to hear from real football fans!:)

I think it's a little bit hypocritical to in one week believe you can win with anyone hiking the ball and the next week to say the guy hiking the ball is the reason you lost. <- Not all bills fans believe we won the superbowl as much as not all pats fans are saying we did. Most of my friends were wondering if there was an entire team/jersey swap yesterday and the officiating to go along with it.

for one day, you felt if only a moment of the life of a bills fan. I have to say though, I can't believe how empty that stadium was throughout. the entire red section mid field looked empty, for a 3-0 team WITHOUT Tom Brady.... in Buffalo, and say what you will, but we sell that place out in december when it doesn't even matter.

Say what you will but other teams had the same opportunity and 1 of them had the same qb....... those teams were to be better or at least equal to buffalo (my team).

I'm not hear to gloat, I'm just saying "we didn't win the superbowl" although for many of us it is sort of like that while it's usually a ho hum type of ordeal for you guys I suspect... just the bills... whatever. I partied after we beat JG in the game that didn't matter... this was more legit than that.

You will go on to be in the playoffs for the countless instance in 16 years while we have not seen the playoffs for 16, probably 17 and likely 20.

see you in a few weeks for a buffalo beat down, at least we got a split for once a broke some records.

---for what it's worth, it's funny all the noise us bills fans make about this matchup and how completely irrelevant it usually seems here and in New England. I remember as a bills fan fondly thinking of New England that way as well, we couldn't sell out pats/bills in the 90's...
Hey man, did you see Buffalo '66?

I love it. Think it's awesome.

Last edited:
I'm also of course a member on the buffalo bills message board as CT_Bills-Fan. That board is bipolar and juvenile, sometimes extremely. Shaw 66 is someone I'd recommend following and there's other good people there as well but gosh, the juvenile activity over there even as a 49yr old bills fan is even difficult for me. Given the 16yrs of futility I appreciate their hatred for everything. Imagine if you can, generations of kids who know nothing but that 16yrs of football meanwhile here in New England is the polar opposite. The old pats fans can't even really understand 16yrs of this but Red Sox fans get it, the ones who waited 2x what the bills are.

There's some good discussions here and there if you can weed through the juvenile stuff. I find this forum more conducive for discussing football but it seems less so this year than last. I also obviously live in New England so it's interesting and miserable at the same time. The stupid comments like a polished turd regarding the City is just ignorance, but that's expected on a forum. Niagara Falls, now that is a polished turd and applicable but just shows how little some people know about the area..... factually, New England does not ever get a 1 of the 7 wonders of the world vote.... as much as you'd like BB/TB to be accounted as such.

I'm looking forward to this miami game and I suspect there's some pats fans looking at this game too. for what it's worth, I usually have the pats game on tv and bills game in my ear buds. NE is the standard to measure all football against so I watch the games to see how proper football is managed and played consistently, it helps when having intelligent conversations. That said, I simply can't root for the Hood after that Giants game... can't do it, but much respect.

"IF" Buffalo wins this week, the rematch game will be for the division and No.1 in the AFC... now tell me with a straight face you'd figured that in predictions LMAO... shoot I had them 1-5.

They won. They should take some joy from it. Not a big deal.

I'm also of course a member on the buffalo bills message board as CT_Bills-Fan. That board is bipolar and juvenile, sometimes extremely. Shaw 66 is someone I'd recommend following and there's other good people there as well but gosh, the juvenile activity over there even as a 49yr old bills fan is even difficult for me. Given the 16yrs of futility I appreciate their hatred for everything. Imagine if you can, generations of kids who know nothing but that 16yrs of football meanwhile here in New England is the polar opposite. The old pats fans can't even really understand 16yrs of this but Red Sox fans get it, the ones who waited 2x what the bills are.

"IF" Buffalo wins this week, the rematch game will be for the division and No.1 in the AFC... now tell me with a straight face you'd figured that in predictions LMAO... shoot I had them 1-5.

Many here have no sense of what is was like to watch a team that considered 10-6 to be a great season rather than a down year. Maybe it's a reaction to the annual NFL "this is the year the Patriots fall" storylines. Who knows, but I would not get overly excited by those posts.

I attended games in the 1-15 season. I remember what it felt like to get Kraft, Parcells, Bledsoe, etc. and see the team start to win and come together. Every win matters, and no team is overlooked as a guaranteed win. I can say I was not a Dolphins fan in the Shula/Marino era (I loved the "Squish the Fish" mantra in '85) and I have never liked the Jets. I absolutely cheered for the Bills in the Super Bowls (as I did for every AFC team in that NFC reign of terror, but not the Fish as they went right after the AFC's streak so it was not clear the AFC was owned by the NFC at that point), and have really never disliked that one team in the division (they had Flutie, and really never were awful even when winning - plus the Pats and Bills always seemed to have close, competitive games regardless of how the teams were doing in the standings).

You guys have a good fan base, and you should enjoy the run, Winning is a big thing in the NFL, so no win is inconsequential. If you go down the road of trashing victories, then few games mean much (missing players, losing streaks, etc. can make every game a gift).

Don't get me wrong, I will absolutely expect the Bills to receive some payback for the win against the Pats. But keep being a fan. Regardless of where the Bills run ends, enjoy the success. That is what makes the NFL season fun to watch.

Many here have no sense of what is was like to watch a team that considered 10-6 to be a great season rather than a down year. Maybe it's a reaction to the annual NFL "this is the year the Patriots fall" storylines. Who knows, but I would not get overly excited by those posts.

I attended games in the 1-15 season. I remember what it felt like to get Kraft, Parcells, Bledsoe, etc. and see the team start to win and come together. Every win matters, and no team is overlooked as a guaranteed win. I can say I was not a Dolphins fan in the Shula/Marino era (I loved the "Squish the Fish" mantra in '85) and I have never liked the Jets. I absolutely cheered for the Bills in the Super Bowls (as I did for every AFC team in that NFC reign of terror, but not the Fish as they went right after the AFC's streak so it was not clear the AFC was owned by the NFC at that point), and have really never disliked that one team in the division (they had Flutie, and really never were awful even when winning - plus the Pats and Bills always seemed to have close, competitive games regardless of how the teams were doing in the standings).

You guys have a good fan base, and you should enjoy the run, Winning is a big thing in the NFL, so no win is inconsequential. If you go down the road of trashing victories, then few games mean much (missing players, losing streaks, etc. can make every game a gift).

Don't get me wrong, I will absolutely expect the Bills to receive some payback for the win against the Pats. But keep being a fan. Regardless of where the Bills run ends, enjoy the success. That is what makes the NFL season fun to watch.
I've disagreed with some of the Bills' major personnel moves over the last few years...losing Lynch, signing Fitzy, etc...it's so hard when you, as just a fan, feel smarter than the people in charge. One good thing about having the Pats in your division is, you get to go up against the best twice a year. That's a good thing, gives the best competition, makes you shoot for the top, is the best measuring stick for your progress.

Well, so much for a meaningful game. I guess the question is will this impact your home field advantage and how bad can the rest of the AFC be compared to chokeitupinmiami

Well, so much for a meaningful game. I guess the question is will this impact your home field advantage and how bad can the rest of the AFC be compared to chokeitupinmiami

I don't want to give Bills fans hope but, if the Bills can somehow pull out the win, they'll be 5-3, have the tiebreaker with N.E., and be in the thick of the wild card race.

No, no, nope and nope. That annual moment when realist bills fans go.... there's the season. At least the expectations for this game are zero, it won't be ....but the bills have a relevant game against the pats despite this being our anniversary so I need to atleast follow the ticker and DVR the game. instead I can carve pumpkins and do fun things, DVR the game and delete it monday.

buffalo, never fails, here's to year 17. Has to be one of the all time clutch teams at losing in the clutch.

No, no, nope and nope. That annual moment when realist bills fans go.... there's the season. At least the expectations for this game are zero, it won't be ....but the bills have a relevant game against the pats despite this being our anniversary so I need to atleast follow the ticker and DVR the game. instead I can carve pumpkins and do fun things, DVR the game and delete it monday.

buffalo, never fails, here's to year 17. Has to be one of the all time clutch teams at losing in the clutch.

You have to look at the bright side. I mean, sure - Tom Brady will be playing in this upcoming meeting, and the offense as a whole will be looking to redeem themselves after getting shut out, and sure, we will likely win by 2-3 scores, but at least .... wait, I don't know where I was going with that. There's literally nothing positive to look forward to as a Bills fan. You have Seattle after us. You guys are f&cked.

You have to look at the bright side. I mean, sure - Tom Brady will be playing in this upcoming meeting, and the offense as a whole will be looking to redeem themselves after getting shut out, and sure, we will likely win by 2-3 scores, but at least .... wait, I don't know where I was going with that. There's literally nothing positive to look forward to as a Bills fan. You have Seattle after us. You guys are f&cked.
after last night Seattle might be fearing the Bills...

While I do not expect coach Ryan(s) to lead the Bills to the top, they have a rich, impressive history of winning (see 60's and 90's, for example) which remains way better than several other NFL franchises...every year of my long life, the Bills have been a tough out for the Pats, and in fact Buffalo's won many of those big games-including this year. Winning and the playoffs are in the Bills' near future; Loyal, passionate winner fans and tradition and history like Buffalo has will make it admirable, and deserved.

I actually have to hand it to Rex and the Bills. The Bills improved beyond my expectations. They convincingly won the April Super Bowl last year. Fast forward to this season. Buffalo has taken things to the next level a few weeks ago when the Pats opened up the playbook about a 1/16 of an inch with the rookie 3rd stringer and Buffalo takes full advantage to win the October Super Bowl. Congratulations Buffalo, haven't been clutch in past big games but two titles in 2 years is extremely impressive. :rolleyes:

^^^ Edit .... Those tweets were completely overboard but all kidding aside I agree with the post above to a degree. It's fun when the Bills are not a pushover. Can not wait to see what happens this time up in their house Sunday. May not even have those 4th string announcers we always have when we play Buffalo. My $$$ is on the Pats.

Last edited:
I actually have to hand it to Rex and the Bills. The Bills improved beyond my expectations. They convincingly won the April Super Bowl last year. Fast forward to this season. Buffalo has taken things to the next level a few weeks ago when the Pats opened up the playbook about a 1/16 of an inch with the rookie 3rd stringer and Buffalo takes full advantage to win the October Super Bowl. Congratulations Buffalo, haven't been clutch in past big games but two titles in 2 years is extremely impressive. :rolleyes:

^^^ Edit .... Those tweets were completely overboard but all kidding aside I agree with the post above to a degree. It's fun when the Bills are not a pushover. Can not wait to see what happens this time up in their house Sunday. May not even have those 4th string announcers we always have when we play Buffalo. My $$$ is on the Pats.
I think Pats need to keep our composure. The place will be rocking, and if things don't go our way in the first half, I'm looking for focus, confidence and determination in the second. I'm not expecting a blowout.

That Pats are going to lay a 60burger on their asses!

So Buffalo....

Let's talk Jacoby Brissett.

and that's the season. I'm not sure what's worse having to listen to a new generation of dolphins fans in patriot jersey clamoring over an undefeated season or continuing to listen to the actual dolphins fans who are quite old lol. :) I guess this year buffalo prevent the former.

I watched right up until the 3 and out series after the new england touchdown then I went and hung out with my wife for our anniversary and had a great day. Hopefully this turns into a winless stretch of football and they don't win again, Rex and the GM get fired. Doug Whaley has put together the most fragile football team, undisciplined bunch of goons I've seen in a long time. It's difficult to be a fan of this garbage.

see you next year

thanks for the warning....

Looking through their twitter now....

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes