PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could add any player in the NFL to the Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
... if salary were no factor, who would it be? DeMarcus Ware, Ed Reed, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald are just a few names that popped into my mind.

A big *sigh* to the first person that says Peppers.

I'd add Suggs before I'd go for Peppers. Overall, though, I'd probably take an elite LT to keep the pass rush off Brady. Dunno which one I'd take though, there are a lot of young guys who are all really good. Joe Thomas, Jake Long, and Ryan Clady all jump out as options.

i want a superstar on defense...

we dont have any at the moment...

we have great and amazing players on our defense, but no superstar....the young guys might attain such a title in 1 or 2 yrs, but for now our defense has no superstars....

so give me demarcus ware....an olb, which we could use, and a pass rushing demon to boot.....

our offense is fine....give me a defense to go w/ it

Offense - Jake Long
Defense - LaMarr Woodley

I'd want a top OLB, with DeMarcus Ware heading the list and Terrell Suggs 2nd. Others who would rate in my top 5:

- Troy Polamalu SS
- Karlos Dansby SILB
- Haloti Ngata DE/DT
- Ryan Clady OT

Demarcus ware.

Defense any one from Ware, Suggs or Merriman. Let BB pick. Having Ed Reed in the secondary would also be amazing

Offense from a practial stand point yeah, Joe Thomas would be a great pick up, but I'd love to see Peterson running the ball for us

This is a fun topic. I wish we could have the 49er 1994 version of Deion Sanders:).

Okay back to today's day and age--a healthy Shaun Merriman, end of discussion

Defense... Troy P.
Offense... Adrian Peterson

Adrian Peterson on offense. Could you imagine the yards he'd get with the Pats. Defense would have to commit solely on the pass or the rush, and if they'd choose wrong, they get burnt big time one way or the other.

On Defense, I'd take Ware or Jared Allen to help rush the passer or Polamalu to help out the secondary...

You are all wrong.

The guy most valuable to have on the roster is... Matt Cassel. To be there just in case, as we know he can run this Offense just fine, if needed.:snob:

You are all wrong.

The guy most valuable to have on the roster is... Matt Cassel. To be there just in case, as we know he can run this Offense just fine, if needed.:snob:

No offense to Cassell, as he did great last year, but, I think damn near any able armed QB could run our offense...Just my opinion...

Dwight Freeney

No offense to Cassell, as he did great last year, but, I think damn near any able armed QB could run our offense...Just my opinion...

I completely agree with this opinion. Kevin O'Connell will become a much better NFL quarterback than Matt Cassel. Stronger arm, bigger and stronger, and can hot-foot it out of the pocket with speed and elusiveness. If Brady stays healthy, and I hope he does, K'O might never get to prove it here though.

Any player on defense: I'll take Suggs
Offense: Adrian Peterson

Last edited:
Dwight Freeney

Addition by subtraction from the Colts, or as a veteran unexperienced OLB?

BTW I excluded Merriman from my initial list because it would be like adding Darth Vader to the rebel alliance.

On D............Connor Barwin
On O............Connor Barwin

Men want to be him
Women want to be on him
:)

The difference is the verbs "Can" and "Might"

I didn't use either verb in the sentence :D

Having the reciever crop that we do, I honestly think just about any QB could come in and find some sort of success with this team. Now Cassell having the year that he did, was awesome, and I hope he has a great career. If nothing else, it made for a great story, a QB that hasn't started since High School, takes us to 11-5...wow.

That was not the prevailing view on this board early last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes