PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could add a former Pats player to this roster from the Super Bowl years...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What former Super Bowl roster player would you have wanted in 2008?

• Willie McGinest

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • Ty Law

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • Corey Dillon

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Deion Branch

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Troy Brown

• Ted Johnson

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Daniel Graham

• Asante Samuel

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Lawyer Milloy

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Ashworth/Andruzzi or another starting OL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again Tebucky Jones gets jobbed in one of these polls. Considering this team needs better tackling so Jones was the obvious choice. No one tackled like Jones. Granted it was usually him tackling one of his own teammates, but boy could he lay them out.

I thought Otis Smith was better as a tackler,especially in the big game

I know we're not doing current Patriots, as I'd pick Rodney from '03-'04, but for former ones I'd probably go McGuinest or Law.

Ted Johnson, pre-concussions. A beast in the middle and allowed Bruschi to be a stud LB in his prime.

I voted Law, but 2004 Corey Dillon would really work nicely as well.

Attachments

• 1108308215_7374.jpg
    1108308215_7374.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 66
I thought Otis Smith was better as a tackler,especially in the big game

I was kinda making fun of the fact that Jones was horrible at angles and sometimes when he went for a tackle, he would tackle his own teammate.

TROY BROWN in his prime was more valuable to this team than any other player!
Sentimental, ah maybe..... :halo:

You people are in denial. The current defense of the Pats is pretty bad. Did you see the stats on the oppostions red zone scores? Why would anyone think that an offensive player is going to help this current team. The other shocking development is that out of all the players chosen, no one mentioned HOF Andre Tippett.

I was kinda making fun of the fact that Jones was horrible at angles and sometimes when he went for a tackle, he would tackle his own teammate.

its funny now, but remember in SB 36 after Otis Smith intercepted the ball, he was going to go in for the TD and Richard Seymour came up behind him and leveled him?
FG instead. 17-3 Patriots.

You people are in denial. The current defense of the Pats is pretty bad. Did you see the stats on the oppostions red zone scores? Why would anyone think that an offensive player is going to help this current team. The other shocking development is that out of all the players chosen, no one mentioned HOF Andre Tippett.

Ty Law is most likley the winner of this poll but I went for my 2nd favorite OLB of all time - Willie Mac

Only Andre Tippett was better with outside pressure as an OLB in his prime than the Mac IMO

Does it have to be limited to players on your poll?

If so, I keep my vote for Law. If not, I'm inclined to go with Mike Haynes or Andre Tippett. Either would do wonders for our secondary!

BTW I could be wrong but I thought the idea was picking an ex-Pat from any of the 3 SB winning Pats teams.

I'd go with Johnson or Law, depending upon the health of Bruschi. If Bruschi can return for the playoffs, go with Law and patch up the secondary. If Bruschi can't go, get Johnson and completely shut down the opponents' running games forcing them to be one dimensional.

Last edited:
Ty Law and in my eyes it's a no brainer.

BTW I could be wrong but I thought the idea was picking an ex-Pat from any of the 3 SB winning Pats teams.

No,You are RIGHT

Some people simply don't take the time to read what the point of the thread is

Pretty selective about Super Bowls aintcha? I want Ben Coates :)

TJ.Honourable mention to Ty Law.

Tough choice between Law and McGinest. I've got more confidence in Colvin than I do in O'Neal, so I guess Ty would be my pick.

Ted Johnson and Bruschi were the most fearsome set of inside linebackers as there could be in the glory years

Big #52 is sorely missed and his presence would be a big factor on this years team

Tom Brady obviously!!!!

I voted for TY, but I don't like your rules for this poll. I want 2 players back. TY, and WILLEEEEEEEEE!!! bring em both back.

Im not surprised at all from the results. An 03 Law would be God-send to this team. Although Willie would be pretty awesome too just because of all the injuries we have at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back