PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you are having SB guests, passing out this memo is strongly encouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a small 'party' of 6 or 7 people, a couple are Cowboys fans.

I don't mind watching the game with people, as long as they are prepared to watch me embarrass myself by yelling at the TV and inching closer and closer to losing faith in the team (though I never do).

I watched SB42 alone with my (now) wife, so I figure it's OK to change it up. Besides, we've had a 'party' for each of the last 3 SBs, so it would be lame to tell the people who come every year to go somewhere else.

I watched a couple of Super Bowls at a neighbor's house. Not sure why I went back the second time because fitting 10 people into a room with only 2-3 watching the game and only 1 passionate football fan there (me) is a recipe for a bad time.

This year I have turned down all SB party invitations and will watch it (non-quietly) at home with my wife. However, we'll have enough food for 6. :)

Watching a game alone means no trash talking and fewer stupid questions. Watching it with a bunch of friends means a greater assortment of food and drink, more energy during a good game, and commiseration during a bad game.

As long as I've got a prime seat, I'm fine with either setup.

I'm having a small 'party' of 6 or 7 people, a couple are Cowboys fans.

I don't mind watching the game with people, as long as they are prepared to watch me embarrass myself by yelling at the TV and inching closer and closer to losing faith in the team (though I never do).

I watched SB42 alone with my (now) wife, so I figure it's OK to change it up. Besides, we've had a 'party' for each of the last 3 SBs, so it would be lame to tell the people who come every year to go somewhere else.

On the bright side, any NFC East fan is going to become a temporary Patriots fan for a day.

My wife (whose a casual fan) will be home whether or not she watches will be dictated by the game itself (as judged by ruckus I'm making). She is smart and intuitive enough to know when to leave me alone , or to come in and celebrate joyfully with me when things are going well. She doesn't even need to ask... just knows after many years of this. I truly love her for that :D

Wow, amen to that. When things are going bad, like the 06 AFC Championship Game, not only did my wife not leave me alone, but she felt the need to pull the "IT's JUST A GAME, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE GETTING ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE" tirade. It drives me crazy, she's already given me the speech before this week's game. It's just a game, blah blah blah.

CORRECTION: IT'S NOT JUST A GAME!!!! If you don't know that by now then you don't know me.

i'll either be guiding with what is probably an arsenal on both sides somewhere around michigan ave in chicago and evantson

or sleeping in a cow field (lemont illinois)

if there are "enough" people out there, i think rushing will be pretty even.

(also, i might pick up some "irish cream whiskey?" at world market :) just saying :)

~peace

thomas :)

ps: (i can't wait, my ex-girlfriend alisa who is with paul in a "better place" just mentioned mcdonalds off of lincoln and fullerton. ok. maybe i'll be out lol)

pss: (hmm. still can't believe i was the first "thomas" is that like some sort of sea of bytes opening in time for me here? z right :))

Can anyone here translate the previous post for me?

WTF?

Last edited:
Wow, amen to that. When things are going bad, like the 06 AFC Championship Game, not only did my wife not leave me alone, but she felt the need to pull the "IT's JUST A GAME, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE GETTING ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE" tirade. It drives me crazy, she's already given me the speech before this week's game. It's just a game, blah blah blah.

CORRECTION: IT'S NOT JUST A GAME!!!! If you don't know that by now then you don't know me.

WORST THING A SPOUSE/SO CAN DO. My wife used to do that — not a tirade, but actual concern, like "... are you OK? It's just a game." First and only time I ever gave her the (Please be quiet - edited) glare.

Edit: First time I ever got the "Please be quiet" edit! Oh well. Hopefully folks here know what I mean.

Last edited:
i'll either be guiding with what is probably an arsenal on both sides somewhere around michigan ave in chicago and evantson

or sleeping in a cow field (lemont illinois)

if there are "enough" people out there, i think rushing will be pretty even.

(also, i might pick up some "irish cream whiskey?" at world market :) just saying :)

~peace

thomas :)

ps: (i can't wait, my ex-girlfriend alisa who is with paul in a "better place" just mentioned mcdonalds off of lincoln and fullerton. ok. maybe i'll be out lol)

pss: (hmm. still can't believe i was the first "thomas" is that like some sort of sea of bytes opening in time for me here? z right :))

Must be good stuff:rocker:

I must be crazy .. I am taking the fam into the lions den..:eek: My coworker holds a party..a house full of giants fan and non football watchers(who would root gaints just to spite me )... :mad:
allready stated the second half I will be watching at home.

If they trash talk my wife warned me.. we are out of there.. in case we have the DVR running at home.
As an alternate I will try to crash his neighbours party, who are big patsfans(But I dont know them)..
:rocker:

Wish me luck!

Why would you even bother coming in the first place? Just stay home. Sounds DREADFUL.

Watching it with a bunch of friends means a greater assortment of food and drink, more energy during a good game, and commiseration during a bad game.

That.

We always have people over, it's much more festive and fun and like you said if there's a bad game it helps.

We don't do big parties anymore though, we just have a few good friends/family that actually care about the game, especially this year! Not that I expect to see every detail of every play as long as the people there know when to shut up;)

I must be crazy .. I am taking the fam into the lions den..:eek: My coworker holds a party..a house full of giants fan and non football watchers(who would root gaints just to spite me )... :mad:

oh, so there really IS a hell!

Not sure which is worse in this scenario: Giants fans or non-fans. Having to explain what a first down is to someone who in reality just doesn't care, and do it during a game, is bad enough. During a Super Bowl ... just unimaginable.

My memo to everyone... Shut the **** Up and don't bother me while i'm watching the game.

ggramp.gif

Until this picture, I never guessed that you were Woody Allen's grandfather.

Aye! You bro in Scotland as soccer fans you guys can post your ratings of Giants players flopping feigning injuries to slow down the Pats no huddle offense for player substitutions

Believe me, when guys go down in the Old Firm game, it's because someone really has broken their leg.

When things are going bad, like the 06 AFC Championship Game, not only did my wife not leave me alone, but she felt the need to pull the "IT's JUST A GAME, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE GETTING ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE" tirade. It drives me crazy, she's already given me the speech before this week's game. It's just a game, blah blah blah.

Honestly, if any wife of mine laid that line down on me, it would simply be time to go our separate ways.

Marriage is supposed to be about Partnership.

Then again, I cannot imagine marrying any lady in the first place, who knew me or respected me so little as to lay that one on me.

I am astonished at how many WISH to watch this game, ALONE. :eek:

I DO respect ~ and even ADMIRE ~ your Yankee Solitarity.

However, I would HATE to be there ~ win OR lose ~ without the company of my beloved brethren...to TOAST the Patriots for their glorious Quest, EVEN in Defeat...and ESPECIALLY to TOAST the Patriots for their ~ for OUR!! ~ glorious and incandescent VICTORY!!! :D

Honestly, if any wife of mine laid that line down on me, it would simply be time to go our separate ways.

Marriage is supposed to be about Partnership.

Then again, I cannot imagine marrying any lady in the first place, who knew me or respected me so little as to lay that one on me.

You can't imagine what it was like in my household. My wife and I separated 3 years ago. A good part of the problem was that I am the oldest of 6 kids, and she was an only child. It was hard for her to understand sibling rivalries, dealing with a large family (we have 3 children) etc.

HOWEVER, another MAJOR part of the problem was that she's from New York. I swear that there were times she intentionally goaded me into an argument by saying something nice about the Jets, Giants or Yankees. I tried. God knows I tried, but after 23 years, it was enough. Now she's down in Poughkeepsie. and happy as a clam with all her old High School friends who are all, of course, rooting for the New Jersey Shore Snookies.

I don't wish her ill, but I'll be ecstatic with a Patriots win, and feel a little personal satisfaction knowing she's going to be p1ssed at how happy I'll be. :rocker:

I am astonished at how many WISH to watch this game, ALONE. :eek:

I DO respect ~ and even ADMIRE ~ your Yankee Solitarity.

However, I would HATE to be there ~ win OR lose ~ without the company of my beloved brethren...to TOAST the Patriots for their glorious Quest, EVEN in Defeat...and ESPECIALLY to TOAST the Patriots for their ~ for OUR!! ~ glorious and incandescent VICTORY!!! :D

I've got several good friends to help me out. Evan Williams, Jim Beam, Ezra Brooks, and my Old Grand Dad. :cool:

Last edited:
so glad i am not having people over this year...people annoy me...and if the pats lose..there is always that one person that says...there is always next year...then i would get super pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes