PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you are having SB guests, passing out this memo is strongly encouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even a girly mon beer like coors lite will bast you before 18

May I suggest you set up a thread jays52 Drunk Blogs the SB?
Although I intend to avoid the Debbie Downer game thread here I would actually pay to read your drunk blocking (annotated by beer #) of the SB on my laptop. Wicked Pissah!
Jays52 said:
Alright. I'm in. I'll do it!

Not enough likes for this.

Jay: :youtheman:

But, really, Coors Lite? :eek:

Great.

This thread made me feel better.

I don't even sit during the playoffs. I pace around the living room thinking about the playcall, formations, and why things are or aren't working.

Ocassionaly I'll put one knee on the floor with the other half on the couch.

I'm like a wound up ball of tension and energy...unless we get up by two touchdowns, then I'll actually sit on the couch for a few minutes at a time.

How am I supposed to do all this with people at the house or at someone elses???

My wife gets it, but she wants to have a party. I told her she could go party, I'm fine with it. Just bring the baby with you.

Watching with my wife and sons ONLY, just like every other game after Week 2 this season. Have been asked numerous times at work if I was hosting or wanted to go to a SB party. My answer every time was 'F*#K NO!' The way I explain it is 'i like you enough that I don't want to dislike you Monday morning'.

Also, took off Monday and Tuesday. Monday after 42 was one of the worst days of my life, especially the at work part. I couldn't sleep the whole night before I kept seeing the Tyree catch whenever I closed my eyes. This place was down so I couldn't discuss it here with fellow in pain fans. And then I got to work and everyone was decent, but I could tell they wanted to start talking but took pity on me because I looked so bad. So instead of full blast smack, I would only get little snide comments here and there. It got worse throughout the day until finally so,done was talking sh*t while I was fixing their computer and I said 'you can keep talking, but go get someone else to fix your stupid problem' and I left the room.

Living in Tampa there aren't a lot of diehard Pats fans down here, although I do have an odd amount of friends who are Steelers fans. If the Pats aren't in the Super Bowl I will go to a party and drink and talk about the commercials and have a blast. But if the Patriots are playing.....I go into the bunker.

My wife's friend asked her if she wanted to come to their Super Bowl party, immediately the answer was no effin way.

I will be in my bunker, home, alone with my wife who knows nothing about football and will be watching a movie in the other room and my 2.5 year old son. My son doesn't understand football yet, but he knows the Patriots, Tom Brady and he knows Brady has a son his age named Benjamin.

Being 2.5 my son can be a little loud and distracting sometimes but he did give Cundiff the evil eye before his kick so he is cool. I want him to be there so we can witness our first Super Bowl victory together.

No one else is allowed near my house. If they are up big I might go over to my Dad's for the last few minutes to celebrate but it's hard to watch a game with him because he has no faith and gets pissed as soon as something goes wrong. I only want positive energy around me, no negative crap.

But a party? With a bunch of dumbasses who either know nothing about football or worse yet another fair weather Giants fan who was a Jets fan up until a few weeks ago. OVER MY DEAD BODY.

Into the bunker.

I drink coors lite during games. I keep a Harley Davidson beer bucket next to my chair with 6 beers in it ( ice of course). The beers get replenished as the game goes on. Im usually hammered by games end. I scream obscenities at the TV and just generally go nuts. Years ago when I smoked I would be outside the door puffing like a lunatic watching the game from 20 feet away. The more excited I got, the more I smoked and drank. I'm surprised I didn't have a stroke. I live in California where the Pats games usually come on at 10 am. I'd be drunk of my ass by noon.

I'm not any more mellow during games, but I did quit smoking!

Last edited:
The conundrum for me is our son's bedtime is 7:15PM. He is entrenched in this routine so I can't skip it and leave it to my wife. This is going to really interfere with my watching the game...

Dude come on, think ahead. I took Monday off precisely because of this reason. My 2.5 year old son goes to bed around 8pm but will stay up as late as he can get away with. Well he is watching the whole game with me and I have Monday off from work and he is not going to daycare so he can sleep late and catch up on his sleep and be a grouchy overtired biatch if needed lol.

Dude come on, think ahead. I took Monday off precisely because of this reason. My 2.5 year old son goes to bed around 8pm but will stay up as late as he can get away with. Well he is watching the whole game with me and I have Monday off from work and he is not going to daycare so he can sleep late and catch up on his sleep and be a grouchy overtired biatch if needed lol.

Considered this. However couldn't happen. I won't bore you with the details of it, just know it was thought of and unable to happen.

Even Pats fans can be an issue. My neighbor of 25 years, sailing buddy and long time hoops opponent and his lovely wife visited us in FL for the 2006 AFCCG. I blame their presence for the 2nd half Pats collapse. So, this year they're to be visiting us again the week after the AFCCG. No problem. BUT their schedule changed because of her sick Mom's Dr appts so they changed their arrival to the AFCCG. I was nervous all game and ready to blame them and disavow them had we lost. It was not fun for me during the game, worried that it would be deja vu all over again and I'd hate them for it. Irrational.

This is so funny because I have a good friend who is a huge Pats fan just like me, but it seems like whenever we watch a game together, the Pats lose. She was at my house for the 2006 AFCCG and we went to the game that shall not be named together. When she said she didn't want to go to the Superbowl this year I was almost relieved. I hate to think that together we form some kind of of jinx, but there you have it. She probably thinks of me the same way. Ridiculous, I know, but still....

Considered this. However couldn't happen. I won't bore you with the details of it, just know it was thought of and unable to happen.

Only answer is to make him wait until halftime which will probably be around what, 8pm or so? I wouldn't unleash an overtired child on anyone, especially my wife, which is why I am taking the hit. But I hear ya lol.

Are you gonna wake him up to see the gatorade shower if they win?

Yeah, this. My wife took off Monday, and I am keeping my 4 year old home from VPK/daycare and my 7 year old home from 2nd grade. Now they can stay up for the whole game without upcoming school, and win or lose we're going to go to and have an awesome day at Busch Gardens.

Great.

This thread made me feel better.

I don't even sit during the playoffs. I pace around the living room thinking about the playcall, formations, and why things are or aren't working.

Ocassionaly I'll put one knee on the floor with the other half on the couch.

I'm like a wound up ball of tension and energy...unless we get up by two touchdowns, then I'll actually sit on the couch for a few minutes at a time.

How am I supposed to do all this with people at the house or at someone elses???

My wife gets it, but she wants to have a party. I told her she could go party, I'm fine with it. Just bring the baby with you.

Wait, did you steal my identity? :bricks:

Yeah, this. My wife took off Monday, and I am keeping my 4 year old home from VPK/daycare and my 7 year old home from 2nd grade. Now they can stay up for the whole game without upcoming school, and win or lose we're going to go to and have an awesome day at Busch Gardens.

Good idea! I am planning on taking my son to the Sports Fan Attic for some SB Victory gear. Otherwise we may be hitting Busch as well lol.

Turned down offers to several SB parties. My buddy is stuck going to his in-laws who don't know jack squat about football where everyone yacks the whole phucking time. I invited him over to my house, but he is committed. The old lady is making her famous chili and cornbread on Saturday and I'll have the usual sixer of black and tans with a fifth of Makers Mark just in case. My 6 year old daughter is completely brainwashed and I will show her how football is meant to be watched.:rocker:

For those interested, the videos of the Patriots Super Bowl Championships 36, 38, 39 are streaming now on Veetle . . . http://veetle.com/v/4f2b18bd52ae9

Thank you so much. Watching this made me realize that the game ebbs and flows. A great play is offset by a bad play and not to get caught up in every yard gained or lost.

So basically we're all too volatile/drunk/nervous/obsessed with the Patriots to be trusted around normal human company during the SB. Awesome.

Last edited:
Reading through this thread is a riot. Why do we all act this way? These games are supposed to be fun! My 9 year old told me last week, "Mom, do you know your emotions go along with the Patriots? If they win you are happy and if they lose you are mad?" I denied it, but of course the kid is right! It's mortifying, really. I have almost ripped the phone out of the wall when some poor soul dared to try to call me during a game. My mother once told me I was scaring her because I was screaming and jumping around the room (hey - the Pats won in Miami in overtime - Columbus Day weekend - 2003 - long bomb to Troy Brown after TWO missed figgies by Miami - c'mon Mom! Why aren't you screaming and jumping with me?!?). And when they start losing, just stay AWAY FROM ME. LOL. At least I am not alone, not by a long shot.

Last edited:
Looks like ol' Unca Joker is gonna fit in fine with this crew.,....

in fact, every time the Pats score Sunday I'm gonna run outside and scream FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the top of my rather expansive leather lungs....I'm not saying it's gonna happen BUT...there could be some squirrel damage to the side of the house if they get behind....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents