PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF we are to pick up a rb: KAHLIL BELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I for one am fine going into the season with Ridley-Vereen-Woodhead as our backs. But, if we are really going to go out there and sign someone, I'd love that someone to be Kahlil Bell. He was not tendered at the 2nd round level, so we wouldn't have to give up any draft picks. Yes, the bears would have last right of refusal, but the fact that they just got Michael Bush, and the fact they weren't willing to pay an extra $700k to slap the 2nd round tender on Bell means he could probably be had pretty cheap withouth them matching. The guy looked outstanding when Forte and Barbarian went down. Now, I'm not saying give him a lot of money at all. But, as a lot of you are clamoring for us to grab someone, how bout a cheap solid alternative in Bell. We could probably get him at 3 years for 5M, or 1 year for 2M.

Haven't seen much of him. I personally like Maurice Morris and Justin Forsett, not sure how much either would cost

Haven't seen much of him. I personally like Maurice Morris and Justin Forsett, not sure how much either would cost

I liked Morris in his day, but the guy is like 59 yrs young
Forsett looked great a couple years ago, but does he bring anything to the table Woody already doesn't?

Bell looked like a legit 1b type runner last year. I'm actually very high on both Ridley and Vereen. But, chances are maybe one of the two truly pans out. You pair that one with Bell, and you've got a great 1-2 punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes