Welcome to PatsFans.com

IF Pats, INDY, Balt all go 12-4?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by grogan2767, Dec 20, 2006.

1. grogan2767

grogan2767 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If the Pats, Colts and Ravens all go 12-4, how does bye #2 get decided? I know this is not likley, but it still possible. I know the head to head between NE and INDY goes out the window if there is a 3 way tie. How does it get sorted out if that were to happen?

2. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It would be decided like a 3-way tie for a wild-card spot:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

1. No head-to-head sweep amongst the 3 teams.
    2. AFC record: BAL 9-3, IND 9-3, NE 8-4 (NE defaults to the #4 seed)

Baltimore and Indy would be decided by a traditional wild-card tiebreaker:

1. No head-to-head.
    2. AFC record: tied.
    3. Common games (min. 4): Bal & Indy have both played Tennessee, Buffalo, Cincinnati and Denver. Baltimore is currently 2-2 with only Buffalo remaining. Indianapolis is 4-1 against those teams, and thus would receive the #2 seed.

In short:

2 Indy
    3 Baltimore
    4 New England

3. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -1

I don't know about anyone else, but I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we are going to be the #4 seed (or God forbid, out if we are somehow unable to win the division). All our losses are in the AFC, and we have 2 in our own division, so how are we going to win any tiebreakers? I also think that if we win this weekend, BB will do what he did last year for the last game and rest Brady and most of the starters, since we have virtually no shot at a first round bye.