PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If on waitlist and want pats-jets tix..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Go on ticket exchange. 111 tickets. This early that's A LOT. Maybe because it's Thursday?

Go on ticket exchange. 111 tickets. This early that's A LOT. Maybe because it's Thursday?
Out of 68,000-plus, that's really not many at all. Even 1,000 wouldn't be many.

Out of 68,000-plus, that's really not many at all. Even 1,000 wouldn't be many.
I just find it strange there are that many today when 5 days ago there was maybe 10-15. No benglas..oak...bears...lions ect tix. One of our biggest rivals has the most tix available

I just find it strange there are that many today when 5 days ago there was maybe 10-15. No benglas..oak...bears...lions ect tix. One of our biggest rivals has the most tix available
I'd guess that Thursday night might have something to do with it. I'm sure others just can't stomach smelly green feet, dog killers, bloviating narcissists and sexual deviants. Not to mention several dozen immature guidos from the Jersey shore with their square heads and gold chains who manage to finagle tickets and ruin the experience for regular human beings.

Last edited:
Night games suck, Thursday night games are worse. You have to pack your tailgate the day before, leave work early and drive in rush hour traffic, then drive in extra bad stadium traffic. The game will end around 11:30-12 am. You will be home around 2 am. Probably best to take Friday off.

I hate night games and Thursday night games suck the most.

I just got my tickets for the game on the ticket exchange. Can't wait to watch the Pats stick it to Rex and his green slime

I'm hoping, praying something in sections 108-110 opens up.

I have had to turn in a number of tickets for games this year due to the illness of one of the ticketholders. The Jets game was one of them and at the time I put them on the exchange the tickets sold within 20 minutes. Sunday afternoon I put my three tickets for the Bengals game on the exchange at 4:23 and received confirmation that they had sold at 4:26. Out of curiousity because of another post I had read I went on to the Stub Hub site yesterday morning......and there are my three tickets with a face value of $99 each advertised for $239.00 each. Stubhub had listed the section, row, and the specific seat numbers. I thought by putting them on the exchange that a true fan could pick them up at close to face value, however apparently that's not the case.

I have had to turn in a number of tickets for games this year due to the illness of one of the ticketholders. The Jets game was one of them and at the time I put them on the exchange the tickets sold within 20 minutes. Sunday afternoon I put my three tickets for the Bengals game on the exchange at 4:23 and received confirmation that they had sold at 4:26. Out of curiousity because of another post I had read I went on to the Stub Hub site yesterday morning......and there are my three tickets with a face value of $99 each advertised for $239.00 each. Stubhub had listed the section, row, and the specific seat numbers. I thought by putting them on the exchange that a true fan could pick them up at close to face value, however apparently that's not the case.

This is a travesty, IMO. If I wanted a mafia style ticket reseller to have my tickets, I would choose to sell them to that company. By putting them on the exchange, I expect that fans on the waiting list will buy them.

This should be illegal.

That doesn't seem right. I don't know if anything can be done but from my understanding only season ticket holders and those on the waitlist should be purchasing them. So I'm sure if you want to, you could let the organization know and they can track who bought them and how.

Rat them out to the ticket office. Only wait list folks can buy them. The Pats know who bought your tickets and re-sold them. Tell them if they don't act you'll encourage people in public football forums to make $ by signing up for the wait list & re-selling tix.

Rat them out to the ticket office. Only wait list folks can buy them. The Pats know who bought your tickets and re-sold them. Tell them if they don't act you'll encourage people in public football forums to make $ by signing up for the wait list & re-selling tix.
It's absolutely true. I could go and buy a bunch of tickets now and list them for profit on a different site.

Absolutely true, but at least you're relieved of liability from the Patriots for any potential scalping violations. I sold about 20 seats on the exchange within 15 minutes of listing them. I would be disgusted to see them listed on ebay/stubhub/craigslist for 2-3x the face value. And, I would totally rat them out, too. I'm sure the brokers/sites have gophers on the waiting list who buy up the maximum allowed on the TE, and then sell them for an off-the-record cut of the profit. The thing is,
they must be e-tickets since a paper ticket (for us who collect the stubs) can only be picked up
in person on the day of the game. I would totally rat them out if I were you. Then, the person who bought them will likely lose their seats, or place in line, and will probably start screaming at the broker who convinced them that this was a good play.

I would do some investigating myself. I would reach out to the seller on stubhub and act

like I was interested in purchasing them. See who responds, and get specifics. Is it a broker?

Some average joe? I'm not familiar with the listing practices on stubhub, but I wouldn't

take this lightly. Mine for as much additional information as possible.

If those were my seats - I would be extremely pissed and would mine for as much data as

possible. Then, I'd send a letter to the Patriots as a "concerned citizen" with all the details.

This is one of the ways so many visiting fans end up at games in Foxboro. It would be doubly disappointing to have your seats brokered at big bucks to subhuman jets fans who will in all likelihood make the game miserable for the good guys sitting around them. I rarely have tickets available, but I'm reluctant to sell my seats to anyone I don't know personally.

Been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. I sell about 2 games/ year back to Pats for waiting list holders to buy. Main concern people screwing up and losing my tickets. Is this post saying people are selling back to Pats and a ticket agency getting hold of them. Or is some Season ticket holder selling to the agency? If the former I will start listing them to you guys/gals on this site, after a feel for trust. If the ladder then give them up and let real Pats fanatics like yourselves get them for face value instead of raked over the coals

I agree that the Ticket Agency has people on the wait list buying tickets for them. I have also browsed some of those sites and see tickets being sold for 2 to 3 times face value depending on the games.

I just looked and there are 86 tickets still available.

Last edited:
Been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. I sell about 2 games/ year back to Pats for waiting list holders to buy. Main concern people screwing up and losing my tickets. Is this post saying people are selling back to Pats and a ticket agency getting hold of them. Or is some Season ticket holder selling to the agency? If the former I will start listing them to you guys/gals on this site, after a feel for trust. If the ladder then give them up and let real Pats fanatics like yourselves get them for face value instead of raked over the coals
]

I might be misunderstanding your question. But, my understanding is that once you've released them to the TE and they're sold - you're no longer responsible. In other words, if someone sitting in your seats starts a riot and get their tickets pulled - you're in no way liable for their actions. They would just look it up and be like "oh, he released them - we'll penalize the season ticket holder or wait list member who bought them instead." I think the ticket brokers are paying gophers to get on the waiting list with the expectation that they snap up as many tickets as possible. This would only work for e-tickets, but I wouldn't put it past any of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back