PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If M. Lynch is on the block...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would give Maroney and a 2rd rounder for Lynch in a second...but no team is dumb enough to trade for Maroney unless they want a kick returner..he offers nothing else but promises he can't fulfill.

Maroney is a good locker room guy and his production is comparable to Lynch's. I'm not sure that I'd do that trade straight up, let alone throw a second rounder in.

Mike Lynch is on the block? Maybe they'll bring back Bob Lobel...

No thanks... Atleast this one isnt 65 years old with a year in prison under his belt. we don't need any grills on the field, they belong in the parking lot...

if he wasnt on the bills: maybe, leaning towards no
on the bills: no

I wish silly trade ideas like this just stopped. There are about a dozen reasons a Lynch to Pats trade wouldn't take place, especially for a 2nd rounder in a top heavy draft.

No Thanks.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Seeing as were talking fantasy trades with Buffalo, I'd prefer to take Fred Jackson. I'd swap him for Maroney straight up.

I'd take Fred Jackson over Marshawn Lynch as well.

Clearly, but they'd be foolish to let him get away before the wheels come off. Guy's like Patsbane.

Understanding this isn't apples for apples - Maroney has a 4.2 YPC, Lynch has a 4.0. And Maroney isn't the a**hole that Lynch is said to be. I am disappointed in Maroney but I wouldn't do that straight up, forget throwing in a valued #2.
Completely agree.

Understanding this isn't apples for apples - Maroney has a 4.2 YPC, Lynch has a 4.0. And Maroney isn't the a**hole that Lynch is said to be. I am disappointed in Maroney but I wouldn't do that straight up, forget throwing in a valued #2.

So Maroney is a better RB than anyone with a YPC less than 4.2? Give me a break.

Thomas Jones 4.2 (I guess Maroney was equal to him this year?)
Chester Taylor 3.6 (Taylor>>>>Maroney)

Tomlinson had a 3.9 back in 2004...

So yeah, using that as a reason NOT to trade for Lynch is flat out stupid.

Maroney for Lynch straight up would be unbelievable. Buffalo would laugh if we offered that.

Throwing in a second, however. I think I would pass then. But my reasoning wouldnt be "well Maroney had a higher ypc this past season"

Last edited:
No. No. No. Lynch is on the block because he's clearly not as good as Fred Jackson. I'd rather spend our 2nd round pick and roll the dice on a new RB, someone who doesn't have all the baggage that Lynch has.

I'm not a Maroney fan, but what he said.:)

So Maroney is a better RB than anyone with a YPC less than 4.2? Give me a break.

Thomas Jones 4.2 (I guess Maroney was equal to him this year?)
Chester Taylor 3.6 (Taylor>>>>Maroney)

Tomlinson had a 3.9 back in 2004...

So yeah, using that as a reason NOT to trade for Lynch is flat out stupid.

Maroney for Lynch straight up would be unbelievable. Buffalo would laugh if we offered that.

Throwing in a second, however. I think I would pass then. But my reasoning wouldnt be "well Maroney had a higher ypc this past season"

You quoted it, but did you fail to read the Maroney is not an ***hole? That is kinda important.

I'd take Janet Jackson over Marshawn Lynch.

I can't believe someone said Lynch was more productive or a better RB than Maroney. Lynch has less vision than Maroney and he's a jerk to boot.

WOW really guys you wouldn't trade maroney straight up for lynch?!?!??? Maroney for Lynch would be an absolute steal sure maroney has better character but he isn't HALF the running back that Lynch is. Lynch has one down year and now he's worse than Maroney LMAO. I think buffalo will definitely keep him anyway he has WAY more upside than Fred Jackson who basically benefited because Lynch was out he first 4 games of the season. oh yeah fred jackson is like 30 and lynch might be 25. ill take bad character over bad player(Lomo).

I learned in my first off-season here a couple years back not to post these threads unless I meant it. But its the offseason and we are all bored and I haven't had a one star thread in a while.

There. Fixed.;)

You quoted it, but did you fail to read the Maroney is not an ***hole? That is kinda important.

I don't personally know Lynch, so I'm not willing to say he's an "*******"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents