PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I'm thinking like a typical NFL fan, it's a good thing my team lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
yesterday, because they would almost assuredly lose in the Super Bowl. And after all, a Super Bowl loss is held against your record (Montana never lost!).

But as a Patriots fan, I'd much rather lose a Super Bowl than an AFCCG, especially to the Donkeys.

would kind of make sense if it was against anyone other than Peyton

I thought if they got the Seattle matchup they had a shot, didn't see Seattle's offense putting up a ton of points. Obviously the Pats would have had to bring their offensive A game.

after all, a Super Bowl loss is held against your record (Montana never lost!).

that's exactly what the (stupid) critics said in 2007.

We were (supposedly) an embarrassing failure to lose to the lowly Giants in the Super Bowl.

The Chargers (who we defeated in the AFCCG) had a better year, since they were 0-0 in the Super Bowl while we were 0-1.

Same for the Colts, who had lost to the Billy Volek-led Chargers (in the minds of their fans).

I agree that our chances of beating BOTH the Broncos AND Seahawks a long shot, but I always give my team a fighting chance.

Right now there is 0% chance they win the Super Bowl, I'd rather they still had a chance. After all, I would have given this year's Pats team a better chance at beating the Seahawks than the '01 team had in beating the Rams.

I do hear your point about the 'going against your record' and I picked up on the sarcasm. I'll never understand that either.

It's always how you spin it, after all, if YOU were a quarterback in the league what would you prefer your Super Bowl record be at the end of your career, 3-1 or 3-4 ?

wouldve rather gone to the SB and lost .And they wouldve beaten seattle. Seattle on the road is different ,plus bad weather etc .

wouldve rather gone to the SB and lost .And they wouldve beaten seattle. Seattle on the road is different ,plus bad weather etc .

I am personally hoping Seattle doesn't play quite so mediocre on a neutral field. You know, they're not home but they aren't at the opponent's home turf either. Hopefully that makes a difference because I want them to win.

Yep, if the weathers bad i'd take us over them the pats play better than any other team in bad weather. It would be a real neutralizer.

You always have a chance in the SB. Besides Lynch who do you really fear on Seattle's offense. Plus you're playing them on a neutral field that's practically your second home field. Would have loved to see it.

The broncos have been wanting to beat us for quite some time,ever since we destroyed them in the playoffs, they wanted us bad but now we're even.Now I can hate them like the Ravens.The good news when Manning retires (which I hope real soon) they will be irrelevant once again. This is an early humble pie for next season, can't wait to play them again.

Losing never is good.

Yep, if the weathers bad i'd take us over them the pats play better than any other team in bad weather. It would be a real neutralizer.

Seattle is not exactly a cold place. The seahawks are built for 20 degree weather.

You always have a chance in the SB. Besides Lynch who do you really fear on Seattle's offense. Plus you're playing them on a neutral field that's practically your second home field. Would have loved to see it.

I fear Seattle's offensive line. Those guys are huge. I can't wait to watch Terrence Knighton lose one on one versus a Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3