PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Belichicks drafts are such "failures"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: If Belichicks drafts are such "failures"..

Yeah, anyone who thinks NE cannot draft is simply out to lunch....

2000-2012 Patriots Draft Analysis :patriots Coverage With John Vampatella

This next list shows each team’s number of player-years as an All-Pro 1st teamer, and years as a Pro Bowler.

Rank – Team – All-Pro Seasons – Pro Bowl Seasons – TOT AP+PB

NE – 12 – 44 – 56
SF – 14 – 30 – 44
Bal – 11 – 33 – 44
SD – 9 – 34 – 43
Dal – 8 – 34 – 42
Chi – 10 – 29 – 39
Car – 9 – 27 – 36
NYJ – 8 – 26 – 34
Ind – 7 – 26 – 33
Ari – 3 – 30 – 33
Sea – 10 – 22 – 32
Pit – 5 – 26 – 31
Cin – 5 – 25 – 30
NYG – 5 – 24 – 29
Min – 9 – 19 – 28
KC – 8 – 19 – 27
NO – 6 – 21 – 27
Den – 6 – 20 – 26
Hou – 6 – 19 – 25
GB – 2 – 23 – 25
Atl – 1 – 20 – 21
Oak – 8 – 12 – 20
Ten – 6 – 13 – 19
Phi – 4 – 15 – 19
Was – 0 – 19 – 19
Cle – 3 – 11 – 14
Buf – 1 – 13 – 14
Jax – 2 – 11 – 13
Det – 3 – 9 – 12
Mia – 1 – 9 – 10
StL – 0 – 3 – 3
TB – 0 – 3 – 3

The idea of that article is that we can all have our opinions on who has been good at drafting; hindsight is, of course, 20/20. But that encompasses the entire 13-year BB era in New England. It removes the question of "who's good at drafting" out of the realm of opinion and places it squarely in the realm of objective fact.

During that time, no team has been better at drafting elite talent than NE. No team has put together a better regular season record than NE. No team has been to, or won, more Super Bowls than NE.

I mean, cripes, what other measurements can we possibly use? I guess these objective facts are to be overruled by fans who think they have a clue.

:bricks:

BB can't draft...never hits on WRs TEs..anyone.

Be lucky to win 1 game this year

This is my first post so I don't want to ruffle any feathers but here is a question:

Why would anyone doubt BB's decision-making?

It's important to note what I do not mean by that question.

1. I do not mean that BB is infallible. Everyone is fallible. No coach or GM in the history of any sport has ever gotten every decision right.

2. I do not mean that we should not question his decisions and try to understand them. But there is a big difference between questioning (i.e. "why did he choose this guy in the 3rd round vs that guy?") and doubt (i.e. "BB made the wrong decision here, he should have picked Player X or Y instead of Z").

Doubting implies that somehow we know more than he does. Is that possible? Yes of course. Is it likely? Let's be honest- no it is not.

The likelihood that one of us knows what to do on draft day more so than BB is almost literally zero. Not only is he a professional NFL coach- he is THE NFL coach. The best. The greatest. I am willing to argue that all day and all night.

So criticizing BB from our vantage point on draft day is a bit silly. It suggests a really peculiar arrogance that has no rational foundation. What could possibly make any one of us believe that we somehow know better? That we can say that BB clearly screwed up?

The matter of fact is that BB drafts well. He strategizes well. He picks the right FAs. Relative to just about anyone else in the world he does these things better. And he certainly does them better than us.

So IMO one ought to drink a glass of cold water and take a nice long nap before he aggressively calls out BB on anything, including the draft.

tom brady.

I'm one of those who believe good coaches and QBs win games for teams that have overall marginal talent.

BB wins games for this team.

Brady wins games for this team.

Now we are starting to see high-end talent be allocated to other positions on the football team.

Just like 2001-2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes