PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wonder what Asante is thinking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking he's worried that he'll be put forever in the Orlando Pace/Walter Jones of seemingly never ending franchise tags, resulting in never getting the one big contract that he would get otherwise. I can't see him holding out.

And just as Randy has decided that he's made his money and now it's time to win a championship, Asante has already won a championship and now wants to make his money. It doesn't make him a bad guy.

I had a labrador retreiver that was a great dog. He had a really inquisitive looking face, if that makes sense. He kind of scrunched it up in a way that gave him human like qualities and made it look like he was deep in thought. I used to wonder what he was thinking all the time. Then one day, I had an epiphany -- here's what he was thinking, 24 hours a day: "Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food."

Here's what Asante is thinking: "Money. Money. Money. Money. Money. Money. Money."

Were you taking acid at the time you had this epiphany? ;)

Asante should be thinking that he will play the season out at a top 5 CB salary, win a ring, and then try his hand at free agency
Right, although I think he'll be tagged again. We likely wouldn't keep him at the $9.6M or so price but I think we would tag him just to keep his trade value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye