PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I trust that most feel a bit better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I can't wait to re-watch the game and focus on the defense before and after the first drive.

Something tells me this game without the W's on the D-Line could be huge for us going forward. We need those guys back, but confidence in more rotation after that game. Very enjoyable.

Maybe the sky is falling crowd feels better. Maybe the blind homer crowd now feels validation of their beliefs.

Most Pats fans I know felt 2 weeks ago they would win these 2 games agianst inferior opponents, win the division, probably win a tough home playoff game before falling in San Diego or Indy. I don't see any reason to feel differently.

After having seen the first game in Indy, I have not the slightest idea, why anyone would think we should save ourselves the hassle of going there again, because we will just lose anyway.

I fell just like 2006, only that Turner is coaching the Chargers instead of somebody competent and we have proven already that we can beat Indy.

I'd rather see them play the chargers...not because Indy or the Chargers are better or worse than the other, but because of the refs in indy, its a sad, but true fact that they will be a factor.

I'd rather see them play the chargers...not because Indy or the Chargers are better or worse than the other, but because of the refs in indy, its a sad, but true fact that they will be a factor.

Now come on.....Polian has nothing to do with the officiating staff at home games in Indy. Nothing at all.....:explative:violent:

:)

With Seymour, we'd still be in contention for the bye.

If Seymour were here, he'd have already teamed up with Adalius to lead a mid season walkout on the team.

The cancer was cut out.

If Seymour were here, he'd have already teamed up with Adalius to lead a mid season walkout on the team.

The cancer was cut out.

What evidence do you have supports the thinking that Sey was a cancer?

After having seen the first game in Indy, I have not the slightest idea, why anyone would think we should save ourselves the hassle of going there again, because we will just lose anyway.

I fell just like 2006, only that Turner is coaching the Chargers instead of somebody competent and we have proven already that we can beat Indy.

It's simply the mentality of this board.

Dominate a game for 58 minutes then have two bad calls handed to the opponents and that becomes "getting blown out".

Rules for Patsfans:

The Patriots were blown out in an OT loss.

If they lose by one point, they are blown out.

Victories only happen because the opponent decides to self destruct.

Defense is a disaster because the opponent gains some yardage and even may score a point.

Hard fought close wins are bad because they should be blowouts. Likewise, blowouts are bad because they need to win close games.

Points for/against mean nothing. Isolated plays are much more important.

Two weeks ago, the sky was falling here on this board and in Patriot Nation. Everyone was looking for scapegoats.

As someone who never thought the "sky was falling" and who also never thought the "sky was the limit" for the 2009 version of the Pats (like you, I called an 11 win season before the Opener), I am in almost the same place I have been since the Indy game.

This is a tough team with a lot of the pieces in place and with some important pieces that are still a Work in Progress.

Yesterday was a good start to the end of the Regular Season, with the D showing some attitude in the absence of key players and the running game showing real signs of life. I am holding my breath that Taylor will return strong and ready to go.

My view is simple: we'll only play as well in the playoffs as we do these last three weeks. Even if we wrap the Division up next week, I hope to see an angry, tough team show up in Houston for at least three quarters of the final game.

If we're gonna make noise in the playoffs, we're going to have to do it the butt-yugly way. There is no finesse road to Miami for these guys. The D is going to have to be mean and we're going to have to control the ball.

And, puhleez, let's stop with talk of the number three seed! I want to go into Indy and catch them coming off a bye after they've had nothing to play for for a month...especially if they're carrying the pressure of an undefeated season!

This is 2001 all over again. If we're going to win this thing, we're going to have to smash our opponents in the face.

Last edited:

The "we have proven already that we can beat Indy" sounds like the same type of BS Vanderjagt used to spout off back in the day.

Last edited:
The "we have proven already that we can beat Indy" sounds like the same type of BS Vanderjagt used to spout off back in the day.

Well, no

Perhaps a fundamental understanding of football and watching the game will provide you with the tools required to understand the concept of the comment.

"Can't" and "didn't" are two different concepts.

You might just want to look at previous seasons. You might find that teams have lost to teams in the regular season then win in the playoffs.

Well, no

Perhaps a fundamental understanding of football and watching the game will provide you with the tools required to understand the concept of the comment.

You might just want to look at previous seasons. You might find that teams have lost to teams in the regular season then win in the playoffs.

Ah - the classic homer you don't watch the games BS whenever they disagree with you.

The Pats didn't prove they can beat the Colts anymore than the Colts getting stuffed on 4th and goal proved the Colts could beat the Pats in 2003 or missing a field goal at the end did in 2004.

It doesn't mean Pats have no chance to win a rematch but as it stands right now, the Colts have proven they could beat the Pats, not the other way around.

Well, no

Looks like you forgot two important rules:

If we win against a team two games by a desperate goal line stand or a shanked field goal we will nevber lose against them again.

If we lose two games because our backup QB is falling just short or a blown ball spot we will never win again.

Ah - the classic homer you don't watch the games BS whenever they disagree with you.

The Pats didn't prove they can beat the Colts anymore than the Colts getting stuffed on 4th and goal proved the Colts could beat the Pats in 2003 or missing a field goal at the end did in 2004.

It doesn't mean Pats have no chance to win a rematch but as it stands right now, the Colts have proven they could beat the Pats, not the other way around.

Pointing out your clown analysis doesn't equate to homerism.

Would a 13 or 6 point victory that week have any bearing after week 15? Well no, only a clown would look at that contest as a definitive statement.

What next, is 2+2 going to now equal 5?

Two wins of small margin against marginal competition, no, I do not feel better.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't really feel better, but I never felt bad about this team from the get=go at any point. Like you say, we pretty much knew this would be the situation, and the plus side here is that if we can clinch things this week we could rest certain guys in week 17 and hopefully be in great shape health wise going into the playoffs - health IMO is they key and the best reason to feel good right now... as long as Brady's ribs don't make for his downfall.

Aside from that, still alot of worries (2nd half offense woes has to be tops here). But with BB and Brady I never count out our ability to turn that around.

The offensive scheme is terrible.We hardly get any production from our TEs.I think Moss will need to be a big factor since right now we dont have that 3rd option.

The team's 2-2 in the past 4 games, and has looked nothing better than mediocre even in the best game it's played during that span. I'm not sure that's "feel a little bit better" material.

Agreed. I've seen little that gives me optimism for the playoffs.

We don't get much "production" from out TE's because they are busy blocking (helping out the forever injured OL) and protecting Brady. Some would call that solid production. The one big danger to Brady yesterday came when Faulk missed his block.

I'm glad you are enjoying the fireworks. Take away the 59-0 debacle against street free agents, the 35-7 whipping of poor Tampa, and the first half of the Colts game and what do you have? An offense scoring about 20 points per game that scares no one.

So you take away 2-1/2 games of their best offensive performances and still have the Patriots scoring about the NFL average and think that's a negative? :confused:

Two wins of small margin against marginal competition, no, I do not feel better.
I agree 100%. Meanwhile, the Patriots pass offense is looking worse not better against the Panthers and Bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft