PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I say OL in the 1st round next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After extending Warren we are set on the DL but the OL is a lot weaker imo.
After watching last nights game I think we can upgrade this next draft.
We have 2 ones so we can go both ways in the first round.
BB does not like LB's early so I would not mind us taking a a OL.

There are a couple of really good OT coming out next year.

Long of Michigan is a beast. Woodley calls Long the toughest player he has gone against in college, and they played on the same team.

Oher of Ole Miss (Jr.) is a great athletic OT that can play the run and pass really well, with a tough upbringing story to boot.

Baker of USC is solid and with a good year, could be the best of the bunch. Great feet.

Richardson of Clemson is a pure ROT. BB doesn't usually like sloppy fat guys, but this guy is the best true road grader that I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years. Those Clemson RB's get all the press, but look who they are running behind on most plays. No one man can hold the POA when big barry is pushing them. The Pats could move him inside to OG if need be.

There are a couple of really good OT coming out next year.

Long of Michigan is a beast. Woodley calls Long the toughest player he has gone against in college, and they played on the same team.

Oher of Ole Miss (Jr.) is a great athletic OT that can play the run and pass really well, with a tough upbringing story to boot.

Baker of USC is solid and with a good year, could be the best of the bunch. Great feet.

Richardson of Clemson is a pure ROT. BB doesn't usually like sloppy fat guys, but this guy is the best true road grader that I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years. Those Clemson RB's get all the press, but look who they are running behind on most plays. No one man can hold the POA when big barry is pushing them. The Pats could move him inside to OG if need be.

This is the year for LT. SF is a bit overrated IMO, and I doubt they will finish better than 8-8, unless Vernon Davis breaks out and becomes Tony Gonzalez (which may happen). But the Pats should have the ammunition to get into the top 10, which will give them an opportunity at Baker, Long, or Oher. I have only watched Baker and Long, and IMO Baker is an NFL all-pro. Long may be a RT, I'm not sure yet. Oher may be the best of the bunch, but I can;t say yet. In 2008 it's time to upgrade.

After extending Warren we are set on the DL but the OL is a lot weaker imo.
After watching last nights game I think we can upgrade this next draft.
We have 2 ones so we can go both ways in the first round.
BB does not like LB's early so I would not mind us taking a a OL.

Well, depending on what Meriweather's best position is, I think we'll need a CB or DB who can come in and least help in the sub packages right away. We're likely to be losing Wilson and Samuel, and Harrison is a strong possibility also.

Well, depending on what Meriweather's best position is, I think we'll need a CB or DB who can come in and least help in the sub packages right away. We're likely to be losing Wilson and Samuel, and Harrison is a strong possibility also.

Add Randall Gay, Scott, James to the list of FAs.

We are razor thin at CB next year, I see Merriweather sticking at FS.

Our needs for next year look like (tell me if you have heard this before);
CB
ILB
WR

Based on depth in the draft and the BPA theory OL, maybe RB and DE\OLB look pretty strong.

From what I have seen of James thus far this preseason, I am hoping he doesn't make the team.

I think we lose Gay and Samuel this offseason.
There are a couple of stellar CB's in the 2008 draft, but the one I like the best is Lowery of San Diego State. Great ball skills, willing tackler, strong in coverage and appears to have decent speed.
In my opinion, he is better at this point in his career than Revis was at the end of last season and the Jets moved heaven adn Earth to jump up and get Revis. I'm hoping the 49ers put us in position to snatch Lowery.

Of course if the 49ers fall apart and we can get OT Baker or Long, then so much the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News