PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I questioned the Pats coaching staff ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
..... when they looked horrid against the Broncos so I'm here to give them kudo's for severely outcoaching a very good Bengals coaching staff.

It looks as if it's back to normal again ;)

Why do you think our coaching staff outcoached the Bengals staff??? Are you basing it on the final score or some strategic evidence??????

Well, the offensive play-calling was varied and imaginative -- the passes were very widely distributed and the runs themselves also nicely inter-spaced. Last week there seemed to be a pattern: start with a run on first down, not make much yardage, have a pass dropped on second, then heave and hope. As for the defense, getting what seemed to be, in effect, coverage sacks from a secondary missing two starters out of four is a pretty good achievement. Add my impression that, overall, the Bengals didn't have a good idea of what was coming. So my guess is that it was a very well coached game.

But it can't be much more than a guess from watching it on TV: it was a very difficult game to assess since CBS gave so very few replays from broader angles.

Ochmed Jones said:
Why do you think our coaching staff outcoached the Bengals staff??? Are you basing it on the final score or some strategic evidence??????
Because TJ Whosyourmama said that the Pats players didn't belong on the same field as the Bengals and, seeing the lopsided score in favour of the Pats, I deduced that we won entirely because of great coaching. :p

Ochmed Jones said:

Did you watch the game?????????????

Chad Jackson held to 6 catches for 60 yards, TJ held to 4 catches for 95 yards and both kept out of the end zone! That is a start given the fact that we were missing our best CB and a starting safety.

Are you basing your questions on strategic evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back