PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I questioned the Pats coaching staff ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
..... when they looked horrid against the Broncos so I'm here to give them kudo's for severely outcoaching a very good Bengals coaching staff.

It looks as if it's back to normal again ;)

Why do you think our coaching staff outcoached the Bengals staff??? Are you basing it on the final score or some strategic evidence??????

Well, the offensive play-calling was varied and imaginative -- the passes were very widely distributed and the runs themselves also nicely inter-spaced. Last week there seemed to be a pattern: start with a run on first down, not make much yardage, have a pass dropped on second, then heave and hope. As for the defense, getting what seemed to be, in effect, coverage sacks from a secondary missing two starters out of four is a pretty good achievement. Add my impression that, overall, the Bengals didn't have a good idea of what was coming. So my guess is that it was a very well coached game.

But it can't be much more than a guess from watching it on TV: it was a very difficult game to assess since CBS gave so very few replays from broader angles.

Ochmed Jones said:
Why do you think our coaching staff outcoached the Bengals staff??? Are you basing it on the final score or some strategic evidence??????
Because TJ Whosyourmama said that the Pats players didn't belong on the same field as the Bengals and, seeing the lopsided score in favour of the Pats, I deduced that we won entirely because of great coaching. :p

Ochmed Jones said:

Did you watch the game?????????????

Chad Jackson held to 6 catches for 60 yards, TJ held to 4 catches for 95 yards and both kept out of the end zone! That is a start given the fact that we were missing our best CB and a starting safety.

Are you basing your questions on strategic evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back