PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Keep Coming Back To Danny Woodhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Key is in the trenches, IMo for the Ravens to win they would have to be +2 in TO's don't see that unless they can generate enough pressure on Brady to force a few INT's.

I don't see Ridley playing a lot unless they have a big lead due to the recent spate of fumbles. Lots of Law firm and Woodhead in the backfield.

I think +2 for Bmore makes it a tossup, and they more likely need +3 to win, but what they do with those hypothetical turnovers makes the difference.

I like the idea of the pats utilizing Woodhead more in the pass game out of the backfield. Since the dawn of Gronknandez, there has been little use of the running backs. The Pats used to be known for utilizing the screen pass as good as any team in the league. It might be a nice wrinkle to use.

I think +2 for Bmore makes it a tossup, and they more likely need +3 to win, but what they do with those hypothetical turnovers makes the difference.

I can agree with that. The main issue is that IF Brady doesn't turn the ball over and give the Ravens extra possessions.

If Flacco has a TO and Brady doesn't turn over the ball I think the PAts win big, hence my 34-13 score.

This game can't get here fast enough... I am so pumped for this. :rocker:

Woody is a CoP back. I see him with a few carries but no more than 5 or 6. However I do like him getting a toss or a swing pass in the flat and with his quickness matched up vs a LB, he should have some favorable matchups.

It'll be either BJGE or Ridley getting the bulk of the carries

I like the idea of the pats utilizing Woodhead more in the pass game out of the backfield. Since the dawn of Gronknandez, there has been little use of the running backs. The Pats used to be known for utilizing the screen pass as good as any team in the league. It might be a nice wrinkle to use.

I'd love to see the RB screen utilized more by the Pats as they used to, but not this week. Ray Lewis recognizes screen so fast that he meets the ball catcher there a lot of the time. I believe Houston ran a screen that he killed early in the game, although they did gauge them when Foster made the unbelievable catch and had blockers in front of him. I'd prefer to try to get Ray to have to cover backs out of the backfield, and to have to try and handle Gronk/Hernandez in coverage. He's lost 3 steps from his prime, so I'd rather have him doing things that require athletic ability, not experience and know-how as he is oozing with that still.

This is a misconception. The Patriots screen just as often as ever, based upon opponent. They have always been screen heavy vs some teams and just don't use it against others.
It is a fact that we use other players than RBs for the screen more than in the past, but they are still screens.
Passes behind the los is about as good a stat as you can get for # of screens, and here are Bradys #s for passes behind the los, attempts/yards gained, to show both frequency and success.

2011 75/469
2010 71/512
2009 82/513
2007 77/510
2006 85/567

Thats going back 5 years. I can't imagine stats that could vary less than that over a 5 year period.
This year we threw 0.6 fewer screens than the most in the last 5 years per game. And the average for 5 years is 78 and this year we threw 75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News