PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I get the the vet cuts so they can catch on somewhere else, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sucks. Fine. Why bring him back then.?

If he wasn't any good why bring him around for a second tour? If he sucks that bad you take him back in a week? Then cut him with vets before 4 tomorrow?

Doesn't seem logical.

You're low on TEs and he knows the system. You bring him in. He doesn't impress, again. You cut him.

Kelly's a much worse cut. Not only because it's Kelly, but because he's now got time to shop himself around. If he signs with Arizona and that results in Sopoaga getting the boot, the move will have cost the team more than half a million bucks, needlessly.

No, but you are.
If you say so. He let him go with the vets because he sucks that bad before he actually had to cut him without making a roster addition to take his place.

If he wasn't any good why bring him around for a second tour? If he sucks that bad you take him back in a week? Then cut him with vets before 4 tomorrow?

Doesn't seem logical.

Needed a living breathing human for reps on practice. No other reason.

If you say so. He let him go with the vets because he sucks that bad before he actually had to cut him without making a roster addition to take his place.
Justin Jones is not one of the best 75 players currently on the New England Patriots roster.

You're low on TEs and he knows the system. You bring him in. He doesn't impress, again. You cut him.

Kelly's a much worse cut. Not only because it's Kelly, but because he's now got time to shop himself around. If he signs with Arizona and that results in Sopoaga getting the boot, the move will have cost the team more than half a million bucks, needlessly.
I don't know Deus. This smells of faint-of-hand. After seeing every other post in this thread-who the hell would want him? Master manipulator at work.

Why not release anybody else but 3 vets who you don't want and some rook? How many other rooks are gone tomorrow @ 4? 12,14? Why not release them at the same time?

Vets release make sense now. His does not. He cleared waivers today, didn't he? Get it?

lump him with the vets so when other teams see a rookie cut this early they pass on him? I think he will be signed to the PS, but that's about it. Really can't see the team going with more than 2 TE on the 53.

lump him with the vets so when other teams see a rookie cut this early they pass on him? I think he will be signed to the PS, but that's about it. Really can't see the team going with more than 2 TE on the 53.
I can foresee Steve Maneri on the practice squad before Justin Jones.

I guess I don't understand what you're looking for, Exhaulted. Justin Jones was needed because the depth chart at TE sucked and Gronk wasn't going to play. After the game, they released him. He's probably on their shadow roster and, depending on what happens the rest of the year injury wise, might be signed and cut a bunch more times. Similar to Ross Ventrone.

I guess I don't understand what you're looking for, Exhaulted. Justin Jones was needed because the depth chart at TE sucked and Gronk wasn't going to play. After the game, they released him. He's probably on their shadow roster and, depending on what happens the rest of the year injury wise, might be signed and cut a bunch more times. Similar to Ross Ventrone.
Looking for a conspiracy:

Artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love.

He is practice squad candidate and i hope that he ll make impact in 2015.
Everyone is projecting Devey on 53 cause of his snaps and everyone one cut JJ cause BB cut him right now. Devey is probably decoy for Halapio to PS.

I don't know Deus. This smells of faint-of-hand. After seeing every other post in this thread-who the hell would want him? Master manipulator at work.

Why not release anybody else but 3 vets who you don't want and some rook? How many other rooks are gone tomorrow @ 4? 12,14? Why not release them at the same time?

Vets release make sense now. His does not. He cleared waivers today, didn't he? Get it?

Since teams can poach off of a practice squad and, even more, since you can't make your practice squad until after game 4, him clearing waivers doesn't mean anything significant. He's a minimum contract guy. If someone wants him, he'll be gone.

Why cut Justin Jones again? You cut him once, bring him back a week later and then inexplicably lump him with accomplished vets to cut him again WELL before the impending cutdown. Why not let him go in the next round of cuts?

There is an untold story here. Why not keep him around as another camp body until they they let him go with the other dozen or so gone tomorrow? They didn't want to pay him for another day of work?

He stuck around and lived with DJ Williams in his week lull. Can he be claimed before 4 tomorrow (4-26) or does he have to clear that for us to keep him for PS purposes? (waivers)

Something here doesn't pass the smell test. I'm on record as saying give this kid a shot or find a way to get him on the PS. His coach said glowing things about him even though he was ineligible his senior year for academic ineligibility problems (East Carolina) . His size is intriguing (6-8 275).

Lumping him in with established Vets this early makes me take pause. Thoughts?

As a fromer Justin Jones supporter I would describe him like this BIG FOR NOTHING! our well maybe not so little FB's have ouplayed him. Justin don't let the door hit ya where the dog shoulda bitt ya!

FYI - Practice squads can be created on noon August 31st. Justin Jones is going through waivers. He may clear waivers at 4PM today.

I've found the conspiracy behind this. he's not very good. all the coaches have conspired to realize this.

Seriously, pretend he's 6'6" instead of 6'8" then realize those two inches are the only reason anyone cares about this.

This is all he is

1a197_article-2109346-11FE0F66000005DC-415_468x308.jpg

The Kelly move this early with the possible Sopo cap consequence is indirect proof that BB does not have Miguel's useful blog on his MyFace link page. BB needs to assign Ernie Adams to follow Miguel.

Maybe because they now know that he won't make the roster. So they cut him early so they don't have as many players to release at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft