PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I get the the vet cuts so they can catch on somewhere else, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Why cut Justin Jones again? You cut him once, bring him back a week later and then inexplicably lump him with accomplished vets to cut him again WELL before the impending cutdown. Why not let him go in the next round of cuts?

There is an untold story here. Why not keep him around as another camp body until they they let him go with the other dozen or so gone tomorrow? They didn't want to pay him for another day of work?

He stuck around and lived with DJ Williams in his week lull. Can he be claimed before 4 tomorrow (4-26) or does he have to clear that for us to keep him for PS purposes? (waivers)

Something here doesn't pass the smell test. I'm on record as saying give this kid a shot or find a way to get him on the PS. His coach said glowing things about him even though he was ineligible his senior year for academic ineligibility problems (East Carolina) . His size is intriguing (6-8 275).

Lumping him in with established Vets this early makes me take pause. Thoughts?

LazyDog.jpg

Why cut him yesterday. What's the difference? Don't get it.

If you ever followed the Patriots for sometime since BB joined in, you' wouldn't be making this question. It's very common for the Pats to sign someone and even in the next day dump said person. It's all part of the ever moving pieces of this franchise. It wouldn't be a surprise to see him returning for the Practice Squad

If I remember the rules correctly we can get him on the PS squad now by releasing him early. Bill's gonna be pissed at me if another team claims him and signs him UDFA because of this. DONT ****IN SIGN ANYTHING WITH ANYONE JUSTIN. Come back again. Call Troy Brown kid.

If you ever followed the Patriots for sometime since BB joined in, you' wouldn't be making this question. It's very common for the Pats to sign someone and even in the next day dump said person. It's all part of the ever moving pieces of this franchise. It wouldn't be a surprise to see him returning for the Practice Squad
Check out my join date kid and check out yours. Really? No offense but I'm a regular here since Ian created this site in Mar. 2001.

Last edited:
Easy with the insults kid. You're info is valid and I know many instances. You're delivery needs some work.

I can accept relevent and informational knowledge from younger posters though.

Enlighten my older ass with some circumstances you can point out that are similar. They may be situations I forgot about or new revelations on situations I thought I new what really happened.

My thirst for knowledge doesn't end because I heard it from a 22-year-old. I don't know everything.:)

Looks like Tarzan, plays like an arthritic turtle.

Easy with the insults kid. You're info is valid and I know many instances. You're delivery needs some work.

I can accept relevent and informational knowledge from younger posters though.

Enlighten my older ass with some circumstances you can point out that are similar. They may be situations I forgot about or new revelations on situations I thought I new what really happened.

My thirst for knowledge doesn't end because I heard it from a 22-year-old. I don't know everything.:)

Speaking of delivery needing work. :D

Last edited:
Something here doesn't pass the smell test. I'm on record as saying give this kid a shot or find a way to get him on the PS. His coach said glowing things about him even though he was ineligible his senior year for academic ineligibility problems (East Carolina) . His size is intriguing (6-8 275).

Surprising. Coaches generally bad mouth their players when they get a pro shot.

Last edited:
In a related story, my mother just recommended me for some skills on LinkedIn again. I mentioned that mothers aren't considered unbiased critics, but i don't think she gets it.

Why cut Justin Jones again? You cut him once, bring him back a week later and then inexplicably lump him with accomplished vets to cut him again WELL before the impending cutdown. Why not let him go in the next round of cuts?

Justin Jones sucks. End of story.

Why was he cut with the vets pre-cutdown. Answers or stupidity?

I don't think this is the end of the story. I may very well be wrong. Something tells me I'm not.

I'll try this again...he was cut because...

tumblr_lnro32hQ461qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Because he's not good.
If he wasn't any good why bring him around for a second tour? If he sucks that bad you take him back in a week? Then cut him with vets before 4 tomorrow?

Doesn't seem logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes