PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I expect to see a heavy, heavy passing offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great if White were to have a big game. I've been waiting for him to break out but so far he hasn't had much impact. If he could become a legitimate receiving threat out of the backfield it would give the Patriots' opponents one more thing to worry about.

Regardless, the one thing I don't want to see is Brady launching 50 yard bombs on 3rd and short. It seems like we were trying those plays every game down the stretch and not once did they work.

It would be great if White were to have a big game. I've been waiting for him to break out but so far he hasn't had much impact. If he could become a legitimate receiving threat out of the backfield it would give the Patriots' opponents one more thing to worry about.

Regardless, the one thing I don't want to see is Brady launching 50 yard bombs on 3rd and short. It seems like we were trying those plays every game down the stretch and not once did they work.
He had a 10 catch 115 yard game against the Eagles. He also had 71 yards against the Titans, he had that 70 yard catch and run called back on a bs penalty which would've gave him 140 yards receiving on the day.

Once again Ernie Adams rides to the rescue. As with the Super Bowl last season he has been immersed in studying the Chefs because they haven't seen them this season but had an excellent change of having a one game shot of with them, and here it comes. I think they know them, have good plans and will be well prepared, but that doesn't guarantee victory by any means. K. C. Flat out dominate then the last time out and have no reason to believe they can't do it again. They match up well and doing make mistakes, and that's a bad draw for the Patriots. On the other hand the Patriots Have a ton of high caliber players returning and that could end up being the difference. K.C. is good but don't overwhelm teams and the Patriots are a team you have to bury and then pave over several dozen times. Should be a great playoff game. Pats win a Good one.

He had a 10 catch 115 yard game against the Eagles. He also had 71 yards against the Titans, he had that 70 yard catch and run called back on a bs penalty which would've gave him 140 yards receiving on the day.

Yep. White has been vereen plus this season and I have total faith in him.

What ever we do, don't go long. I have no confidence that our WRs can track the ball in the air. If they go long, we might see a couple of interceptions.

I wonder why we have not run back shoulder plays this season; at least not as much as last season. Maybe LaFell is really injured. He was money on those last season.

Many many rub plays, bunches, screens.

So we're not going to line Chandler Jones up in the Wildcat? (The Bill O'Brien special)

tumblr_ncp2dakidR1qhkbk8o1_400.gif

I thought this was about getting touches for TE Williams

What ever we do, don't go long. I have no confidence that our WRs can track the ball in the air. If they go long, we might see a couple of interceptions.

I wonder why we have not run back shoulder plays this season; at least not as much as last season. Maybe LaFell is really injured. He was money on those last season.

Many many rub plays, bunches, screens.

Back shoulder throws are a high confidence, in rhythm throw. We haven't been in rhythm since LaFell came off the PUP.

He had 40 catches for 410 yards 4 TD (6 TD total) in 7 games. He's been as good as Shane Vereen in regards to the passing game. Would have had about 500 yards if 2 bogus calls hadn't gone against the Pats.

as 'sucky' as the pats have looked over the last 6 games of the season, all 4 losses were winnable....

pats were controlling both the broncos and eagles
pats took the jets to overtime
pats didn't care and were still better than 50/50 to win in the 4th quarter vs dolphins

with a depleted squad, they disposed of the texans just as easily as the chiefs did.....

what will they say when the chiefs get pummeled?

even with all the injuries, this team had to really f*ck **** up a bunch of times to not get the top seed

as 'sucky' as the pats have looked over the last 6 games of the season, all 4 losses were winnable....

pats were controlling both the broncos and eagles
pats took the jets to overtime
pats didn't care and were still better than 50/50 to win in the 4th quarter vs dolphins

with a depleted squad, they disposed of the texans just as easily as the chiefs did.....

what will they say when the chiefs get pummeled?

even with all the injuries, this team had to really f*ck **** up a bunch of times to not get the top seed

You don't need to say the Pats didn't care was the only reason we didn't win vs Dolphins. If Gostkowski doesn't miss that kick, giving Dolphins good field position I doubt they get a TD before the half. Dolphins other TD came after lucky catch after Logan Ryan looked to have the pass defended. Those two plays don't happen and I think the Patriots win that game. Those deep throw it up in the air, give it a chance throws are what scares me the most. Let's not leave these games to chance. Let's blow em all out!

My guess is come out in exclusively pass looks for the first few drives then start pounding Jackson.
That's my opinion ... open up the score early and force the Chiefs out of their comfort zone ... make them go to a passing offense where they take risks ... which is opposite of how they like to play. I think our defense can set up at least 10 easy points for the offense if the Chiefs have to press and open it up.

So we're not going to line Chandler Jones up in the Wildcat? (The Bill O'Brien special)

one of the worst plays in history. hoyer gets picked off on the next play lol

one of the worst plays in history. hoyer gets picked off on the next play lol

People have pummeled Hoyer for his play, and deservedly so. Unfortunately, that's meant giving that OL a pass. Hoyer was under assault during that game.

Yep. White has been vereen plus this season and I have total faith in him.

I'm not quite ready to suggest that he's been "Vereen +" this season, simply due to a bit of a difference in their rushing, but White has certainly been a pleasant surprise. I'm actually a bit shocked that he didn't see more looks lately, and I hope that changes.

In my opinion, Vereen sucked at rushing, but still provided something that White cannot, thus placing him a rung or two higher on the **** ladder of poor rushing averages (Jim Lahey reference intended).

Either way, White has the opportunity to step up nicely in the playoffs, and I certainly hope that he does. Imagine a 2-pronged RB approach consisting of Lewis and White (and a likely draft pick) catching passes out of the backfield. It would be a great thing to see.

Back shoulder throws are a high confidence, in rhythm throw. We haven't been in rhythm since LaFell came off the PUP.

That has to be something that improves, and quickly. During last year's run, we saw a lot more than "just" Edelman, with great performances from LaFell, Amendola, Gronk, and White.

Unless there's a rushing attack and a cohesive OL that's about to be unleashed upon the NFL, I would expect that we'll need 3/4 of those "other" guys to step up and produce nicely.

The Pats offense will likely not be able to run much on the KC offense so it should only be done in good looks or just enough to keep it in the back of their minds.

The Patriots should go no huddle and pass short from the get go. The DEs for KC are good but a little banged up. Their DTs are perhaps the bigger issue so Having Brady back in the shot gun will help save him the time of dropping back incase the IOL can't block for long.

Lots of White and Edelman early on. The Pats should do their very best to get Amendola or Edelman in a short crossing route against the 6'3 220lb Sean Smith. Sean Smith is going to be a problem more for KC than for us. If they put him on one of our quick guys i like that match up. If they put him on Lafell you can just ignore Lafell all game cause though it is nice to pass to him a little it is not needed. Sean Smith on Gronk would be interesting but i doubt it would work for KC. Either way Sean Smith is either matching up against a 4th or 5th option or in a mismatch (as the #2 CB)

Marcus Peters is going to be an issue but he is not quick enough to keep up with Edelman or Amendola i think either. It ill be more competitive though. White really has stepped up recently and is right now the #3 weapon behind Gronk/Edelman IMO.

I want a lot of quick passes and screens early.. try to tire out the pass rush then go for longer passes to Gronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes