PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't want it to end. Not yet, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post, I felt your emotions throughout that whole segment. Our season isnt ending sunday, I promise you that. Trust in your team and your coach, they've been there so many times now. They'll be pulling stuff from the books that no one has seen.

Remember mentally going into this game, its the Jets that are really being hit. Coming back to the scene of the where the first murder took place just to get murdered again puts a deep void in their hearts.

When they see that field again, they'll remember Brady tossing that ball to his receivers. When they see that crowd, see Belichick on the sidelines, they'll remember how badly they were handled last time. Its going to kill them inside. Trust me, they'll feel loss as soon as they step on that field

This season really has been a fun ride so far. I always expect BB to put the Patriots in position to have a chance, but like so many other rational fans, a sliver of doubt crept in because of the uncertainty of having so many young/new players. But that is a beautiful thing about the NFL, teams can gel together in a few months and then the sky is the limit. The thing during the offseason that gave me hope was that the Patriots drafted/signed players who were leaders, captains and such. That is what was missing last year and that is a quality that can trump strength, speed or quickness. As others have said 2007 was not fulfilling because of the way it ended certainly, but also because I expected them to win every game, the spygate black cloud and most games were never in contention by the opponent - except the one that mattered most. This 2010 team will never be my favorite. The 2001 squad will forever hold that place in my heart because they brought the fans and organization their first title, but they may be in my top 3 if they can punish the Jets on Sunday and keep the pedal to the floor all the way through Dallas. Bring the trophy back home boys!!!

So true. This has been a fun season of football. We've taken on and beaten all top teams in the NFL, minus Atlanta.

I'd hate for it to end to these chumps. I think that would rank just below the Super Bowl loss and the collapse against the Colts in the AFC Championship game.

Great original post, which I wholeheartedly agree with. It's actually been nice too, as terrific as the games have been this year, to not have a "perfect season" looming over the team. Added incentive for me personally is that the game is in Dallas, and I have a very good shot of being able to go to it. Not counting any chickens before they are hatched, and trying to stay calm, but MAN am I excited about the possibilities!

You don't want the season to end? NO kidding, who does? Winning seasons are magical...unless then end without a SB.

4 words "BRADY ON A MISSION" he wont allow it to end. Either we're up by 3 scores or down by 3 points. A "W" is coming. What makes me so confident? Just cause this young TE's and young defense want to prove the so called "Experts" wrong! GO PATS!!

Honestly, if the awful event occurs and the Patriots lose this weekend I will be in this state..

1244236681_top-10-shameless-male-crying-displays_3.jpg

I'll also be in that state but I hope I'll have better hair.

Best Patriots season since 2004. Loved that team and love this team for very different reasons, but both teams unlike the 2007 etc. Patriots exemplified what I value and respect in Patriot culture. Watching the newbies develop at a faster rate than I ever imagined and to professional levels (e.g. McCourty) that I never expected has been a treasure. Combine that with Brady's accept nothing less than perfection intensity and the out of nowhere appearance of big play Danny Woodhead and there's lots to like.

This season has been somewhat similar to the 1990 season. I’m not talking about the Patriots. I’m talking about the Buffalo Bills. They also had a young team lead by a veteran QB and head coach. They lost to their division rivals, the Miami Dolphins, in week 2 by a score of 30-7. Both teams met again in December with the division on the line. The Bills won handily even though they had to play their backup QB and they committed a ton of penalties. The Dolphins won their wildcard game 17-16 after falling behind. The Dolphins then had to travel to Buffalo with their veteran team. The Bills young defense made some mistakes but Jim Kelly and offense wasn’t to be denied. The Bills prevailed 44-34. The Bills finally stumbled when it ran into a defense coached by one Bill Belichick in the Superbowl. Twenty years later that coach is on our side.

Great post, I felt your emotions throughout that whole segment. Our season isnt ending sunday, I promise you that. Trust in your team and your coach, they've been there so many times now. They'll be pulling stuff from the books that no one has seen.

Remember mentally going into this game, its the Jets that are really being hit. Coming back to the scene of the where the first murder took place just to get murdered again puts a deep void in their hearts.

When they see that field again, they'll remember Brady tossing that ball to his receivers. When they see that crowd, see Belichick on the sidelines, they'll remember how badly they were handled last time. Its going to kill them inside. Trust me, they'll feel loss as soon as they step on that field

If I was a kid, this'd be my favorite bedtime story! "What, you want to hear that one AGAIN?" "Please, Daddy!" :D:D:D

I am upset that the season is coming to an end here in a month or so....i hate not having football on sundays or saturdays for that matter...i am going to miss this season but not making the SB would be a huge disappointment for this team after the great regular season.

They were so close to maybe adding 2 more SB rings to the collecting over the past few years and i think they know this and they do NOT want to be in the same position they were last year against Ravens.

Season is not ending Sunday guys..its ending 15 min after the SB :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST