PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can't believe it's over

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In the back of my mind I knew that the Patriots season could have been over. Hell, it could have been over last week. That doesn't mean that we really believe that it WILL be over though.

Losing just feels so bad. Especially the way we went out. The refs didn't help, but we shot ourselves in the foot over and over again. Even with the two inexcusable fumbles and the atrocious pass interference penalty, we still had first and goal at the 8 yard line with 40 seconds left in the third quarter. After all that had gone wrong, we were still just a few yards from taking the lead. Then the **** hit the fan. Bailey's took an INT all the way to the one yard line. Sure, my gut feeling says that he fumbled into the end zone, but I knew that there was NO way the refs overturn that called (nor should they have).

I just feel empty right now, and it's only magnified by the fact that the Steelers won today. After all that had gone wrong during this roller coaster of a season, we could be hosting the AFC Championship Game.

Losing sucks.

My girlfriend tells me to relax. It's just a game. But it's not just a game. I am obsessed with the Patriots. I was there everyday at training camp, and I have lived and died with them through every game. I'm not ready for the offseason just yet.

ok, my ranting is over (for now at least)

I just had to get that out of my system

I'm sorry to say that I know exactly how you feel.

I can't believe it's over, either.

Not sure how many more years I can accept "Next year" as an option.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
I can't believe it's over, either.

Not sure how many more years I can accept "Next year" as an option.

You guys have it very rough, I have to admit. As tough as our loss was to swallow with all of the oddities a part of it, there's no way ANYONE could have seen what happened in your game coming. Just a shame.

#1 Ryan, even though you're cool, I hope forever. Or at least until Pay-Me-A-Ton has retired, and Bill Polian has passed on. I never want to see either of those men hold up the Lombardi.

#2 I could see it coming, I'll admit that I was moderatly suprised, but the Colts hadn't played a meaningful game since San Diego.

Hope you feel better, now get yourself together and get ready for the DRAFT... This is nothing but a brief interlude in the finest decade of football ever played - thats right - tighten that chin strap boobie because you have another 6 years of anxiety to enjoy. Peace & Patriots..........

It sucks but we have to remember that 50-50 means you lose 50% of the time not you play 50% of them close but win them all. As much as I replay the fumble and the INT in my mind, and I do a lot, I have to remember that we've been spoiled and it's not abnormal for teams to make mistakes - it's abnormal for them not to; and we've become use to the abnormal.

Can't just sit around getting depressed. Make yourself up a thing to do/ not to do list. Like the following.

1. Take my wife off the ignore list. Told her about that feature on this board. She told me she had been on it since the preseason started.

2. Think about all the golf I will want to play when spring comes. It won't happen but it's nice to think about.

3. Follow free agency- yes!

4. Get involved in the draft- Yes!

5. Start posting on the political forum- NEVER HAPPEN. Ban me if I ever do.

6. Think about all of the outside work to do around the house when spring comes- YUK!

That will help you get over it.

Go Steelers. That's all I can say right now. Go friggin' Steelers.

I'm looking forward to next season, and a more reasonable regular season schedule than we had this year.

Pats_Bryan said:
I'm looking forward to next season, and a more reasonable regular season schedule than we had this year.
The schedule was fine overall, it was just unbalanced being very difficult then very easy. I just hope we have a league average number of injuries for once. I am not blaming the injuries but it sure would be nice to not have half the team out next year.

the thing that hurts the MOST -

the thought of Rodney Harrison (in street clothes of course) leading the Pats out of the tunnel on Sunday vs the team that put him out of action....

they have had a tendency to take out player this year havent they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes