PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hoyer on the life of a Brady Back-up

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Good piece from the Cleveland Plain Dealer that Mike Reiss highlighted this morning:

Cleveland Browns QB Brian Hoyer: 'I have the capability to be a starting QB' | cleveland.com

He's definitely feeling confident:

"No doubt I think I have the capability to be a starting quarterback," said Hoyer after his third OTA practice. "When you get back out on the field and get a taste of playing, you realize for a guy like me who hadn't played as much over three years how much you miss being out on the field."

Would love to see things work out for him there. Seems like a good fit and hopefully he can get the Browns back on track.

Hoyer definitely has a shot there. Weeden is terrible, right there with Sanchez and Gabbert for bottom 3 NFL starting QBs. On top of that he's 29 years old already. :D
Campbell is a solid vet, although he played poorly with the Bears last year.

Hoyer got screwed last year, picked up in the middle of the season as the Steelers 3rd string in late November, cut, then joins the Cardinals in december. He's then put in the middle of a game against the Bears, and his only career start is week 17 @ San Francisco, probably not the best place to start your first game. He didn't even play that bad either, 19/34 225 yards 1 TD 1 INT.

I wish Hoyer the best.

"No doubt I think I have the capability to be a starting quarterback," said Hoyer

Basic psychology tells me saying "I think" shows some uncertainty in himself. So he really isn't as confident as he wants people to think he is.

"No doubt I think I have the capability to be a starting quarterback," said Hoyer

Basic psychology tells me saying "I think" shows some uncertainty in himself. So he really isn't as confident as he wants people to think he is.

Tell me, what do you realllllly think?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back