PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure FA: Add A Veteran QB back up? Pats to cut Hoyer...

I liked the concept of the Doug Flutie/Vinny Testaverde veteran backup who is just about retired, seen a ton of football, and is there for their input more so than playing in the game (except for parlor tricks like drop kicks and setting an old man record for touchdowns). I suppose you need the mystique of just winning three super bowls to attract those guys. And a more mysterious and intriguing Belichick than we probably have now.

Not sure who that would be these days. Maybe an unretired Alex Smith, Josh McCown or a broken Matt Ryan who still want to be around football. The closest viable thing to that guy these days for the Pats would be ... Hoyer.

I liked the concept of the Doug Flutie/Vinny Testaverde veteran backup who is just about retired, seen a ton of football, and is there for their input more so than playing in the game (except for parlor tricks like drop kicks and setting an old man record for touchdowns). I suppose you need the mystique of just winning three super bowls to attract those guys. And a more mysterious and intriguing Belichick than we probably have now.

Not sure who that would be these days. Maybe an unretired Alex Smith, Josh McCown or a broken Matt Ryan who still want to be around football. The closest viable thing to that guy these days for the Pats would be ... Hoyer.
maybe we can sign 38 year old free agent joe flacco out from under the noses of the jete... or go get a piece of wonder bread like jacoby brisette and be done with it...

Honestly, I don't want any more guys playing for one more paycheck type back ups... I would rather have a few guys like Zappe here, working to develop... Zappe wasn't great, but you bet he put a spark under the ass of this team, doing the best he could with what he had to work with last year... lets face it, if the starter goes down, your season is basically over anyways... get some young guns and let it rip if its needed... I'd rather die fighting than just give up and sign a guy like flacco

1678396119710.png
They cut Hoyer because this guy wears the #5 better and he's a free agent. I'm just sayin'...

josh was ahead of his time when he drafted this guy... the original lamar jackson...
Tebow never came close to NFL MVP level. He completed 46.5% of his passes in 2011 and was promptly out of the league. No need to disrespect LJ like that.

josh was ahead of his time when he drafted this guy... the original lamar jackson...
Tebow never came close to NFL MVP level. He completed 46.5% of his passes in 2011 and was promptly out of the league. No need to disrespect LJ like that.

Tim Tebow, totally under rated... He was the original dual threat QB... has a winning record as a starter... AND has as many Playoff victories as your MVP Lamar... Suck it Hammer...

and honestly

lighten up Francis, it was a ****ing joke in reply to a joke post... if you are so tight;y wound up you couldnt see that, its on you man... you should get that stick you got wedged up your ass removed

Last edited:
Tim Tebow, totally under rated... He was the original dual threat QB... has a winning record as a starter... AND has as many Playoff victories as your MVP Lamar... Suck it Hammer...
Is this a joke too?

Some idiot thought Tebow was worth a 1st round draft pick so he entered the league as totally overrated.

Tebow fits the description of "can't throw the ball" which is a common misrepresentation of Lamar (by some on this MB).

Tebow is rubbish.

lighten up Francis, it was a ****ing joke in reply to a joke post... if you are so tight;y wound up you couldnt see that, its on you man... you should get that stick you got wedged up your ass removed
I need to lighten up?

Is this a joke too?

Some idiot thought Tebow was worth a 1st round draft pick so he entered the league as totally overrated.

Tebow fits the description of "can't throw the ball" which is a common misrepresentation of Lamar (by some on this MB).

Tebow is rubbish.

I need to lighten up?
Joke
get a grip man

Still made the Steelers a really embarrassing answer to a trivia question and I’ll always appreciate him giving us that.

Getting Skip to fanboy on him every week maybe not as much. Lol

Still made the Steelers a really embarrassing answer to a trivia question and I’ll always appreciate him giving us that.

Getting Skip to fanboy on him every week maybe not as much. Lol
Denver finished 9-9 that season with 4 OT victories. Tebow was a complete mess by the end of the season, really embarrassing himself. The Steelers had the #1 ranked defense in the league, that playoff to Tebow is still unexplainable.

Brady tied a postseason record with 6 TD passes (only accomplished 3 times in postseason history) in the divisional as we gave the Broncos the beat down they had coming that season.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back