PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Howdy y'all!

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Well I already covered some of this in the "Roll Call" thread, but who's counting?

I go by the name TrueBeliever. That comes from my original handle DrewBeliever, which was a combination of the phrase "true believer" and my unhealthy obsession with Drew Bledsoe, who was the Pats' QB back when I started messing around on the Intranet. When Bledsoe was sent packing in 2002, I realized that the team truly was more important than any one player and so I changed my name.

I live in Wisconsin, born and raised. Actually I wasn't really into football until I went to college, and though I loved the Packers, I decided one day to find a "second favorite" team to root for. Obviously I chose the New England Patriots, and after a few years of trying to root for two teams I dropped the Packers and went New England all the way... a decision that has cost me a few friendships. Being a Packers fan is almost like being in a religious cult, and some members just can't seem to handle it when you leave. :rolleyes:

After the *ahem* incident last February, I haven't thought about football all that much. However, tonight I read the training camp preview ish of Patriots Football Weekly and now I'm ready and raring for the 2008 season to start.

Since becoming a Pats fan, I've also developed an interest in the league that spawned them; i.e. the old American Football League. I love reading about the AFL and am assembling a collection of mini helmets with at least one representing each of the 10 franchises.

Not sure what else to tell you right now; I'm sure a lot will come up as I get to know everyone here. Are there any questions?

Well I already covered some of this in the "Roll Call" thread, but who's counting?

I go by the name TrueBeliever. That comes from my original handle DrewBeliever, which was a combination of the phrase "true believer" and my unhealthy obsession with Drew Bledsoe, who was the Pats' QB back when I started messing around on the Intranet. When Bledsoe was sent packing in 2002, I realized that the team truly was more important than any one player and so I changed my name.

I live in Wisconsin, born and raised. Actually I wasn't really into football until I went to college, and though I loved the Packers, I decided one day to find a "second favorite" team to root for. Obviously I chose the New England Patriots, and after a few years of trying to root for two teams I dropped the Packers and went New England all the way... a decision that has cost me a few friendships. Being a Packers fan is almost like being in a religious cult, and some members just can't seem to handle it when you leave. :rolleyes:

After the *ahem* incident last February, I haven't thought about football all that much. However, tonight I read the training camp preview ish of Patriots Football Weekly and now I'm ready and raring for the 2008 season to start.

Since becoming a Pats fan, I've also developed an interest in the league that spawned them; i.e. the old American Football League. I love reading about the AFL and am assembling a collection of mini helmets with at least one representing each of the 10 franchises.

Not sure what else to tell you right now; I'm sure a lot will come up as I get to know everyone here. Are there any questions?

:welcome:

I think we have met before at another place in a planet not far from earth.:cool:

HEY True, welcome, a converted pack guy, i bet the Brett Favre saga is awful up there now that he is a Jet:eek:

HEY True, welcome, a converted pack guy, i bet the Brett Favre saga is awful up there now that he is a Jet:eek:

Oh God, don't even go there. Last Friday I was in a sports card/memorabilia shop and some local yokel was talking the owner's ear off - "I hate Ted Thompson! He took the best player the team ever had and kicked him out the door. If I had the money I'd put a hit out on Ted Thompson." (I'm not making any of that up, either.)

Packer fans are so clueless.

No questions just wanted to say Welcome!!!!!:D

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back