Welcome to PatsFans.com

How was the crowd today?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Patjew, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. condon84

condon84 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +381 / 8 / -7

I went to the 07 AFC Championship game and we were playing to go to the SB as an undefeated team, and while it was loud, it wasn't even close to the noise level of the Raven's stadium when I went there to see the Pats play the Ravens on Monday night. Even the crowd noise in Miami during regular season games that I attended vs the Pats while I was living down there was louder than what I heard on that AFC Championship game. It was kind of pathetic.

2. sbpatfan

sbpatfan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Kraft should be blamed for this, not the fans.

3. jgpatriot

jgpatriot Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I had seats in Section 126 and we were standing and clapping during all 3rd down defense. I was not deaf during the chants but it was not from a lacking of trying from the fans. People even stood up during non-3rd downs in the 4th quarter. Very few people left early. I was not there for the Bengals game so I can not compare the two.

The only whining was from a friend, who was getting annoyed with the constant stream of people going back and forth to concession/bathroom and seats. I was not annoyed but I do not know understand how you spent >$100 and missed a least of 1/4 of the game.

4. neuronet

neuronet In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +77 / 3 / -2

#87 Jersey

I give it 50/50 blame.

5. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +194 / 14 / -3

Interesting. I was a regular at 110,000 seat Beaver Stadium at State College, with 25k of those in attendance being students chanting in uninson, and I thought Foxboro was louder that day.

I had good seats, by the way, first level 10 yard line.

Where were you sitting?

As for the Ravens, yes I can believe it. Dolphins fans? No. They don't even sell out some of their games.

6. condon84

condon84 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +381 / 8 / -7

We were sitting on the upper deck. [​IMG]

As far as comparing to the Dolphins game, yes it was louder. I was down there when the Dolphins defense had Zach, Madison, Surtain, JT and that crew, so they were very competitive and the stadium was full.

7. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +194 / 14 / -3

There may very well be a big difference between sitting lower level and upper level.

As far as I could see in three sections over to both my left and right, every single person was screaming their brains out and standing up practically the whole game.

8. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep. found that out yesterday. Kind of like watching the game on TV vs. listening to it on the radio.

Maybe not that bad but there is a delay. The ball is pretty hard to see at times 4 rows from Heaven.

9. Brady2Welker

Brady2Welker Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady on WEEI said the crowd noise was "great" yesterday. So, it mustve been decent down there.

10. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +174 / 2 / -1

#24 Jersey

[​IMG]

11. bostonia3333

bostonia3333 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +7 / 9 / -4

I will say the crowd was pretty dead. When Buffalo missed the 51 yd field goal, there was literally no reaction by the crowd or any cheering. It was pathetic

12. Eugene Chung

Eugene Chung Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought the crowd was fine from my seats in 329. They certainly weren't dead, but they weren't terribly loud either.

I wouldn't put any weight into what the TV/Computer might show. The few times that I don't go to games we flip between the radio and TV audio and the radio is always louder.

And I have family with seats in 136 so I move down sometimes when no one shows up next to them. From what I've experienced, it's WAY louder in the lower levels than the higher levels. Just the way the stadium is built. I think more people are trying to make noise up top, but it doesn't come through. That being said, I've been to games where the entire stadium is a morgue.

13. Mike in 333

Mike in 333 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey Eugene, we moved from 333 to 136 this year and I agree completely. The upper part of the stadium is just so spread out the noise is lost, in the lower level it really seems to make a difference in the game.

14. WhiZa

WhiZa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I was watching on TV and I would say the crowd had more in them. Listen to the volume increase after Brady scrambled for that first down. Brady got fired up and then crowd got especially fired up. This is how everyone should be the whole game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.