PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much does this SB loss damage Peyton Manning's legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me Peyton is a great regular season QB who puts up great video game numbers. But put him in the postseason, in the BIG GAME and he just appears to choke. If I want to win in the playoffs there are a LOT of guys I'd pick ahead of Peyton Manning right now.

IMO Peyton is going to own a lot of records when all is said and done. But if this is going to continue to be his pattern - come up small when all the marbles are on the line. Well you've got to think this damages his legacy and confidence in him getting the job done going forward.

Final Score - Seahawks 43 Bronocos 8

Peyton - 34/49 280 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos - GameTrax - Feb 2, 2014

Losing to the Saints was bad for Peyton but at least that was a close game.
In this game, Peyton didn't look like he could get the job done AT ALL!

...two years later, Peyton will lose big in the SB again.

Expect the post-game discussion of his legacy to maybe be a top-10 of all time instead of top-5.

The national media is doing damage control for that eventuality already. Get ready for a giant dose of deflection.

To me Peyton is a great regular season QB who puts up great video game numbers. But put him in the postseason, in the BIG GAME and he just appears to choke. If I want to win in the playoffs there are a LOT of guys I'd pick ahead of Peyton Manning right now.

IMO Peyton is going to own a lot of records when all is said and done. But if this is going to continue to be his pattern - come up small when all the marbles are on the line. Well you've got to think this damages his legacy and confidence in him getting the job done going forward.

Final Score - Seahawks 43 Bronocos 8

Peyton - 34/49 280 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos - GameTrax - Feb 2, 2014

Losing to the Saints was bad for Peyton but at least that was a close game.
In this game, Peyton didn't look like he could get the job done AT ALL!
His one win was against a not very good bears team who fluked their way into the playoffs. Boy would it have been nice to have won against Peyton in that one and then had the flipped script 20 years after the 86 superbowl

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft