PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many TDs will Cassel throw this Sunday?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many TDs will Cassel throw this Sunday ?

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • 1-2

Votes: 68 70.8%
  • 3+

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How many TDs will Cassel throw this Sunday ?

He'd better have a decent game and throw at least one TD. Otherwise it's O'Connell time for me.

indeed we need a good QB to beat the chargers, if he can't do anything against San Fran he def. won't be able to handle the Chargers

Oh please, just...stop posting. A PatsFans homer favorite, if someone criticizes the team they're always a "bandwagoner/haven't been following very long". Always shows me who lacks an intelligent argument right off the bat. So you've already identified yourself as someone who doesn't have very much to say.

Your unwarranted anger already tells me I'm right or, at the very least, I'm onto something.

As far as your second comment, which also lacked inteligence, Tom Brady's first year starting is not comparable to Matt Cassel's first year starting in any way, shape or form save for the fact the both came in after a starter's injury. Is that really that hard for people to understand.

Well so far, through three games, Cassel's passes have consisted of nothing but dink and dunk stuff. Since you seem to have a hard time grasping what that means let me spell it out: slants, hitches, and screens. Opponents in 2001 game planned for Brady by trying to eliminate the short stuff because that was all he would throw. Watch the NFL's Greatest Games show that features the Snow Bowl game v.s. the Raiders. They even say it in there (the Raider players that is) that those passes were all that Brady threw. Cassel, so far, is a lot like Brady. If you were a fan in 2001 (doubt it) you were probably one of the poeple saying "Brady sucks. He wins us games but he doesn't have the style of Bledsoe".

You "obviously" haven't been following the team very long if you think Tom Brady's first year starting and Matt Cassel's first year starting are fair comparisons based on the team around them, years in the system and previous years record.

And let me get this straight: you think O'Connell... a rookie... from San Diego State... is going to do better? Excuse me...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He will throw 2 maybe 3 td's because they will have a great game plan this week.

I like Gooooooooooold.

Obviously a typo, seeing as how I have properly spelled the word every other time I've used.

If I was consistently spelling the word wrong, you'd have "gold". I merely forgot the second l in the midst of my post.

By the way, after going through every QB in the league, Matt Cassel is the worst starting QB in the NFL. Yes, Damon Huard, John Kitna and Gus Frerotte are better.

Obviously a typo, seeing as how I have properly spelled the word every other time I've used.

If I was consistently spelling the word wrong, you'd have "gold". I merely forgot the second l in the midst of my post.

By the way, after going through every QB in the league, Matt Cassel is the worst starting QB in the NFL. Yes, Damon Huard, John Kitna and Gus Frerotte are better.

I like Gooooooooooooooooooold.

If you dont like him as our starting QB, root for another team. Cassel is our man, so either support him or move on.

:banned:

What were you smoking when you wrote it? You couldn't be serious at all. It's really sad to read this kind of post because you "spin" too much.

If you look at the current "worst" NFL teams, you will see that they SCORED 21+ points at least in 1 game and they don't have good running game and 2 best WRs. Pats scored under 20 pts with all the talents.

It's really pathetic to think about it. It's reality and hopefully some of you need to accept.

Well, I'm a Pats fan. And I refuse to think of anything but the positive.

FACT: In his third game since high school, he's already thrown for a couple TDs. He can only get better.

Do you seriously not think Cassel is a lock for future all-Pro at some point? Maybe not this year, but by the end of this year, if he keeps improving, he'll be close.

I fully expect him to lead us to the SB. Naysayers had better get on the bus before it leaves the station.

Well, I'm a Pats fan. And I refuse to think of anything but the positive.

FACT: In his third game since high school, he's already thrown for a couple TDs. He can only get better.

Do you seriously not think Cassel is a lock for future all-Pro at some point? Maybe not this year, but by the end of this year, if he keeps improving, he'll be close.

I fully expect him to lead us to the SB. Naysayers had better get on the bus before it leaves the station.

It's getting tired...

Matt Cassel will throw 2 TD's one to Moss and one to Welker.

1 TD for Cassel. Prediction: If he manages to keep his job throughout the season, he won't throw more than 15TD and will throw 15+INT to match it, something Brady has never done.

I only see him throwing 1 TD this week although that is just a hope. I would really like to see Maroney run 2 in with one of them being from 30+ yards out.

2TD's for Cassel and I'm hoping 1 for our D.

ill take 2 TDs and 0 ints

1-2 tds and hopefully no INTs. Cassel is no gamebreaker but hopefully he can be an effective game manager. We're playing the 49ers... so this is definitely a game that he should win. If we get blown out by the 9ers, we know we're in trouble.

A technical question about the Poll.
Does it count as Cassel throwing a TD if the other team scores on the toss?

Some casual fans' monotonic focus on one single aspect, the QB, who has so far with his limited experience played better than many NFL starters is nuts. If he fails to improve his game as the season progresses, then it will be time for more discussion.

QB is very important in NFL. You won't go anywhere if you have a lousy QB. 4 years in a system is not limited. Why don't you look at the current GB's QB and compared to ours?

If the guy didn't bother to 'learn' anything when he was a backup QB, how many lost games are you willing to give to prove that "IN BB, we trust" spin.

Last edited:
QB is very important in NFL. You won't go anywhere if you have a lousy QB. 4 years in a system is not limited. Why don't you look at the current GB's QB and compared to ours?

If the guy didn't bother to 'learn' anything when he was a backup QB, how many lost games are you willing to give to prove that "IN BB, we trust" spin.

You are an idiot.

and you are blindly loyal to the guy who could not perform. That makes you a moron.

3-1. So basically what I'm saying to you and the other trolls is... GFY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents