PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many TDs will Cassel throw this Sunday?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many TDs will Cassel throw this Sunday ?

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • 1-2

Votes: 68 70.8%
  • 3+

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 9ers have two pretty decent corners in Clements and Harris. I see a TD to Moss and a TD to Welker.

But The Wanker has a groin injury - see the 400 Thursday Injury Report posts

Cassel gets another goose egg on the ol TD passing stats and the only TD is scored by Lamont Jordan at the goal line

Gostkowski may kick another few FGs - With Cassel as QB, Gostkowski will be a busy 3 pt. man this season - may be going to the pro bowl with as many chances as I think he will get,and hopefully make.

eight, breaking the record for most in a single game.

I don't care if it's 0, as long as the Patriots win. Other than fantasy geeks and supposed 'fans' who are looking for any reason they can find to insult the kid, who gives a rat's ass?

Great answer. Should be a choice on the poll.

But The Wanker has a groin injury - see the 400 Thursday Injury Report posts
He's been limited in practice for a few of the games this year and still played. Shouldn't matter come game time.

Cassel gets another goose egg on the ol TD passing stats and the only TD is scored by Lamont Jordan at the goal line

Gostkowski may kick another few FGs - With Cassel as QB, Gostkowski will be a busy 3 pt. man this season - may be going to the pro bowl with as many chances as I think he will get,and hopefully make.

That's a borderline troll post.

You'd better rethink that. Cassel IS a good quarterback, soon to be GREAT QB (once he gets more experience). He's in his 3rd game since high school for crying out loud. How good would you be at something you basically just picked up?

He will throw at least 3 TDs. He will.

If you don't agree to it, you should be taken away in leg irons.

You'd better rethink that. Cassel IS a good quarterback, soon to be GREAT QB (once he gets more experience). He's in his 3rd game since high school for crying out loud. How good would you be at something you basically just picked up?

...I think you should stop smoking so much of your namesake. Just sayin'.

If Cassel only throws 1 TD in this game, we need to look at another option here.

Everybody else in the league throws at least 2 TDs in a game. I don't really buy into the chemistry BS between him and Moss. Moss has been with Pats for 1+ years. During this time, he has plenty of opportunity to establish "chemistry" with Moss. If he fails to do that, we go no where.

Moss was right when he said that Cassel needs to have his "confident". Playing "safe" is not going to do us any good. Of course, he will put a lot of pressure on our D to perform while he plays "safe" and it's not going to be a good thing.

Any news on Brady's surgery? On the radio this morning I think they said it's taking place on Monday, in California.

What were you smoking when you wrote it? You couldn't be serious at all. It's really sad to read this kind of post because you "spin" too much.

If you look at the current "worst" NFL teams, you will see that they SCORED 21+ points at least in 1 game and they don't have good running game and 2 best WRs. Pats scored under 20 pts with all the talents.

It's really pathetic to think about it. It's reality and hopefully some of you need to accept.

If Cassel only throws 1 TD in this game, we need to look at another option here.

Everybody else in the league throws at least 2 TDs in a game.

Try learning the game of NFL football.
Way less than HALF the QBs in the NFL are throwing "at least 2 TDs per game".
Runing for a TD counts too. Really, it does!

Off course the answer is very obvious.1 TD pass, 1 running td and a couple of field goals which equals 20 points.:D

Try learning the game of NFL football.
Way less than HALF the QBs in the NFL are throwing "at least 2 TDs per game".
Runing for a TD counts too. Really, it does!

and you know what? They SCORED more than 21+ pts in 1 of their games compared to our 19 BEST with BEST WRs and all good talents. The 'best' 3 NFL teams which we played were KC, Jets, and Dolphins and the scores were 17,19,13. That is something for Cassel's fans and 'loyal' fans to be proud.

Does it really not make you sad when you look at PATS?

Perhaps, Cassel still believes that our O is not talent enough?

Last edited:
and you know what? They SCORED more than 21+ pts in 1 of their games compared to our 19 BEST with BEST WRs and all good talents. The 'best' 3 NFL teams which we played were KC, Jets, and Dolphins and the scores were 17,19,13. That is something for Cassel's fans and 'loyal' fans to be proud.

Does it really not make you sad when you look at PATS?

Perhaps, Cassel still believes that our O is not talent enough?

No I could not care less how many points this TEAM scores as long as it exceeds the opposition.

Clearly, there is room for improvement in all areas of the team (OK, maybe except STs so far); we will need continuous improvement by Cassel, the WRs geting open, the OL blocking, the RBs gaining yds and blocking , the Defense and so on.

Some casual fans' monotonic focus on one single aspect, the QB, who has so far with his limited experience played better than many NFL starters is nuts. If he fails to improve his game as the season progresses, then it will be time for more discussion.

Hey patswicked, this team needs to put up points if they wanna win games.Thats the bottom line.Matt Cassel needs to show he can do it come sunday.I still think he wont unless this defense creates some turnovers.

I don't care if it's 0, as long as the Patriots win. Other than fantasy geeks and supposed 'fans' who are looking for any reason they can find to insult the kid, who gives a rat's ass?

"Who cares if the most important member of our offense once again fails to be an offensive threat, we beat a 1-3 49ers team! I'm going going to completely ignore the fact he's thrown 2 TDs in 4 weeks."

"Who cares if the most important member of our offense once again fails to be an offensive threat, we beat a 1-3 49ers team! I'm going going to completely ignore the fact he's thrown 2 TDs in 4 weeks."

You obviously haven't been following this team for very long so let me just remind you that Tom Brady used to look and play EXACTLY like Matt Cassel. I know. Mind blowing, isn't it?

Cassel will throw 3 TDs. At the very least.

Oh ye of little faith!

He's improving week by week! Shoulder to the wheel!

This is his 4th game starting since high school. And he was a very good high school player. Good enough to get a scholarship at USC. Could YOU have gotten a scholarship at USC? I didn't think so!

SF is 2 and 2 by the way not 1-3. ;)

~Dee~

You obviously haven't been following this team for very long so let me just remind you that Tom Brady used to look and play EXACTLY like Matt Cassel. I know. Mind blowing, isn't it?

Oh please, just...stop posting. A PatsFans homer favorite, if someone criticizes the team they're always a "bandwagoner/haven't been following very long". Always shows me who lacks an intelligent argument right off the bat. So you've already identified yourself as someone who doesn't have very much to say.

As far as your second comment, which also lacked inteligence, Tom Brady's first year starting is not comparable to Matt Cassel's first year starting in any way, shape or form save for the fact the both came in after a starter's injury. Is that really that hard for people to understand.

You "obviously" haven't been following the team very long if you think Tom Brady's first year starting and Matt Cassel's first year starting are fair comparisons based on the team around them, years in the system and previous years record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST