Asking for your support

Was Yesterday Matt Cassel's Fault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm just curious to see how many people think yesterday was Cassel's fault.

Its hard to blame a guy that was only making his second start of his carrer.. He needs a little more time, and the bye week comes at a great time this yr..

He was TERRIBLE when he subbed in at ILB and allowed all those Ronnie Brown TDs.

No but he re-assured me that I don't think he can bring the team back from behind.

Kinda hard to bring the team back when the D keeps giving up scores.

People arent understanding here.It wasnt his fault but if u expect this defense to not give up 7 points here, 17 points there and maybe even 20 plus.The defense was horrendous yesterday but the offense still look terrible with Cassel.

People arent understanding here.It wasnt his fault but if u expect this defense to not give up 7 points here, 17 points there and maybe even 20 plus.The defense was horrendous yesterday but the offense still look terrible with Cassel.
See that right there is a good call, I'm referring to these people who think it was all Cassel's fault.

The quy has taken 95% of the snaps for 2 weeks in his 4 year career. how can i blame him .Its easy to compare to other rookie`s who areplaying like rogers but rogers had the benefit of say OTA,Minicamps and training camp.

The timing was off between him and the receivers. Hard to tell whose fault it would of been though. Hopefully the bye can give them more time to work on that very important QB/WR chemistry.

He was TERRIBLE when he subbed in at ILB and allowed all those Ronnie Brown TDs.

Take Ronnie Brown's play out of the game and we have half the number of Cassel posts, go figure. One member even goes to say BB is nothing without Brady. Gee, we lost badly to Miami, that has never happened before.

He didn't give up 38 points. He had one int ( after the "in the gasp" call) and that gave the Fins ball 70 years away from scoring.

I don't see how he can be blamed after being under pressure all day, unlike Pennington.

He didn't give up 38 points. He had one int ( after the "in the gasp" call) and that gave the Fins ball 70 years away from scoring.

I don't see how he can be blamed after being under pressure all day, unlike Pennington.
Yeah, but but but he's not Tom Brady! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

And about that in the grasp call, did anyone else here think

ELI

When that happened?

Hard to blame one person when our d wasn't stoppin the run... Can't blame one person when Moss wasn't hustling for the ball... The whole team stinked, not just one player...

No and anyone who does has no clue what they are talking about. Cassel is way down the list of who is to blame for yesterday.

I'm suprised there hasn't been any threads on that really bad sack call (maybe there has and I haven't seen them). If Thomas can drag Favre back 20 yards and there was no whistle, yet a Dolphin grabs on Cassel's jersey and it's called a sack.

Matt Cassel is not a good quarterback but he is only part of the

problem. Yates and Kaczur are not competent offensive linemen

and the Pats are lacking a good blocking tight end to help out a

struggling offensive line.

On defense, the Pats may have waited too long finding some young

bodies to rotate at linebacker and defensive back. The Pats defensive

performance Sunday was the worst that I can remember. For the

past seven years, Tom Brady has controlled the ball to keep the defense

from being on the field too long.

Maybe, if the Pats were able to score on that drive, Miami might not of done the gimmick plays that worked so well.

If If's and But's were Candy and Nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas -Warren Sapp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes