PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many games does Welker play in 2010?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games does Welker play in 2010?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you are a total pessimist....
I've come to the conclusion that BostonPatriot is Jets fan masquerading fgssand. Personally I'd be surprised to see much of Welker at all in 2010. Probably 4 max.

Last edited:
I would say 4 games since IMO Thanksgiving arrives before Wes does on the field.

The playoffs I assume are not in consideration,especially since we don't know if we will be there for quite a while yet.

Ha-ha, sorry, YES, Wes Welker will recover from his catostrophic knee injury 6 months early and play all 16 games next year. Better?

Nope - that would be eternal optimist..............how about the reality is nobody knows, probably not even Welker.

My take is that the chances are good that he is back after being pupped and improves as the season progresses right through the playoffs and ends up Superbowl MVP.

I don't believe he'll play a game. Full recovery is 9-12 months. That's November to February. I think we're looking at February. BB won't hold a spot on the 53 for someone who isn't close to returning at the end of October. He'll address WR this offseason and Welker will replace Moss on the active roster in 2011.

So just to sum up - ZERO.

If Welker was known to be sure to miss the entire 2010 season, I wonder if the Pats would have gone hard in signing Boldin,already signed Marshall or took the Steelers offer for Holmes

Assume ZERO... anything more is gravy.

Rehabbing back to a WR who relies on his quickness and cutting ability is a taller order than an ACL injury to a drop back QB...

Last edited:
How come zero isn't an option? If he plays, it won't be till December. If the injury is as bad as some reported, then I don't think he comes back until 2011.

I'm optimistic, so I said four games. I'd love to see him out there in September, but unless there's a traiteur hanging around Foxboro, I think we're going to watch the Edelman show in the slot.

Last edited:
Zero.

0 char

I don't believe he'll play a game. Full recovery is 9-12 months. That's November to February. I think we're looking at February. BB won't hold a spot on the 53 for someone who isn't close to returning at the end of October. He'll address WR this offseason and Welker will replace Moss on the active roster in 2011.

So just to sum up - ZERO.

Welker blew his knee on 3rd January 2010. 9 months from there is the beginning of October (perfect for a 6 week PUP stint), 12 months is January 2011 (available for the playoffs).

We could activate Welker off PUP in Week 12 and use him for the last couple of games and the playoffs. I'd be willing to do that.

If he could get a medical clearance, I'm pretty

sure he would be on the field in week one,

regardless of how the knee felt. Welker may

have the more guts than anyone who's every

played the game. LOL at "Boston Patriot"/Jets

troll--you know nada about what

Wes Welker is all about.

Ha-ha, sorry, YES, Wes Welker will recover from his catostrophic knee injury 6 months early and play all 16 games next year. Better?

Ha-ha, sorry, You are right, Wes Welker has had to have his leg amputed and his career is now over. Better?

PS. I am pretty sure I have heard the recovery for an ACL is 6 months to year so I am not sure where Sept. would be 6 months early? Sept would be 8-9 months from the Surgery and would be right in the middle of the timeline for return. PUP is probably the most likely case but I am failry certain that Sept would not be considered 6 months early.

If Welker was known to be sure to miss the entire 2010 season, I wonder if the Pats would have gone hard in signing Boldin,already signed Marshall or took the Steelers offer for Holmes

I think its pretty safe to say that the Patriots did not want Holmes under any circumstances because a 5th is nothing. I think Marshall is in the same category, I just don't get how people think BB wants the guy whos work ethic, attitude and moral compass arent good enough for Josh McDaniel. I never personally saw Boldin as an option for us, for many reasons, primarily his lack of durability and reliability.

I think its pretty safe to say that the Patriots did not want Holmes under any circumstances because a 5th is nothing. I think Marshall is in the same category, I just don't get how people think BB wants the guy whos work ethic, attitude and moral compass arent good enough for Josh McDaniel. I never personally saw Boldin as an option for us, for many reasons, primarily his lack of durability and reliability.

I think you are glossing over Corey Dillion, Randy Moss. Merriweather (head stomper) and other who were far worse than Marshall. Holmes is a different story, the guy is bad news. I also think that BB has more 'cache' than McDaniels and could better handle a player like Marshall.

Which leads me to my latest trade possibility....

Pick #44 and Adalius Thomas for Marshall...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore