PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free agency?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free agency?

Votes: 61 55.0%

Votes: 26 23.4%

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • More than 2

Votes: 9 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free age

0 in first 10 days, not counting the treading water signings of UFAs who were on the team last year.

Then, after the 10 days are up BB starts going crazy on a huge spending spree, signing everyone with 2 legs and a recent history in the league while wearing that pirate outfit he was seen in during A Football Life.

Last edited:
Re: How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free age

There have been a lot of reports that they plan to be active right away. Along with the report that Belichick knows that he had more success than the limited roster should have let him, I think we'll see a splash or two. I just don't know if they'll be in the first 24 hours. This isn't Haynesworth that we're talking about. Everybody knew the details of his future contract before free agency even opened. Guys still have to take visits and all that.

There have been a lot of reports that they plan to be active right away. Along with the report that Belichick knows that he had more success than the limited roster should have let him, I think we'll see a splash or two. I just don't know if they'll be in the first 24 hours. This isn't Haynesworth that we're talking about. Everybody knew the details of his future contract before free agency even opened. Guys still have to take visits and all that.
I dislike these 'sources' and 'reports'. They can go suck a fat one. Like anyone outside the front office even knows what Belichick is going to do.

0, really? Just a hunch, but if they want a good player, they won't be able to wait.

0, really? Just a hunch, but if they want a good player, they won't be able to wait.
You think BB is going to get scared into going after a guy and overpaying?

i dont expect them to sign anybody anytime soon.

If that's your def., then I guess none instead of the two I picked, however, nothing they do would totally surprise me. I don't expect them to sign P. Manning, however.

Yes, I think you're right on Peyton Manning. Too bad he wouldn't carry a clipboard for Tom Brady - can you imagine our wildcat package? MEOW!! :)

P.S. - it's 5:30 p.m., and no free agent signings in sight!

98.5 just reported that they're working out a deal with Slater

who knows...lloyd may go elsewhere now that there are really no WRs out there..well top tier ones that is

Why aren't they working out deals with more than one of their players?

I think the point was that they are close to finalizing a deal, not that he's the only player they're talking to.

Their cheapness is catching up to them. They think Brady will play forever, their wrong.

Meachem is also a bill. VJ is done with the bucs.

Their cheapness is catching up to them. They think Brady will play forever, their wrong.

i guess you don't follow the pats very much. they aren't cheap. they spread the love around and will be right up to the cap limit when its all said and done.

The Giants, Packers, Saints and Patriots will all be cellar dwellers this season, for sure, because they haven't signed another team's free agents yet, and we're already more than 4 hours into free agency.

For all those teams' fanbases, the fun is over and the misery starts now....

:bricks:

Arrogance. The Pats F.O. think they are the best in the NFL and actually awful or lower bottom of the league. The CAP scares no one else but the PATS F.O. Any Team wants someone, they go get them. Look at the Cards chasing Manning who are in that supposed that bunch of B.S. "CAP hell".

We reward mediocrity. We sign these guys back after mediocre seasons. The only difference is BB usually gets something out of those second tier dudes. Imagine how dominant the Pats could be if the went after just a little more talent.

Felger actually said something smart today. He said the Past F.O. tried to play the waiting game with Mankins and Wilfork and they wound up mismanaging the negotiations and overpaying. I can't agree more. He said that the Welker thing should have been addressed earlier so this is another screw up and now this is putting pressure on signing a difference maker like Williams. This whiff on Williams, a player who comes around every ten years, is a stupid move that will back fire on the Pats, But what do I know.

The Pats do very well and BB is a great coach, and we are all spoiled. For some reason they prefer to do everything the hard way. Call it luck or skill, they always play to the top of the league with a weak roster. Lat years roster was terrible if you go over each player. I don't know how he did it.

The most awesome and fun Team I ever watched was the 07 Pats. They pulled out the stops and, oh by the way were less than two minutes from a perfect season. There is no argument that changes that. It is miserable knowing that there are Teams that have grown a set and have decided to get better while as happens every year but 07 hope the crumbs work out. If BB needs to see tape on Williams I am sure we can get him some. He was the one player you most needed fro the last 5 years.

How many will they sign? 0 that make sense.
DW Toys

Arrogance. The Pats F.O. think they are the best in the NFL and actually awful or lower bottom of the league.

I agree, we should be more like those organizations who have put their money where the mouth is. I've been saying for years that I wish this organization ran more efficiently like the Redskins, Bucs, and Bills, who all have either signed big names or are rumored to be close. We will continually be left in the dust by organizations like the Eagles who will actually spend money on FAs like Samuel and Asomugha.

Meanwhile, while all those organizations continue to dominate the NFL, the Pats will suffer through another decade of mediocrity.

At bed time the count is at 1, meet Niko Koutouvides and his 9 special teams tackles...

One more than 53% of us thought, clock ends at 4:00 PM tomorrow.

Arrogance. The Pats F.O. think they are the best in the NFL and actually awful or lower bottom of the league. The CAP scares no one else but the PATS F.O. Any Team wants someone, they go get them. Look at the Cards chasing Manning who are in that supposed that bunch of B.S. "CAP hell".

We reward mediocrity. We sign these guys back after mediocre seasons. The only difference is BB usually gets something out of those second tier dudes. Imagine how dominant the Pats could be if the went after just a little more talent.

Felger actually said something smart today. He said the Past F.O. tried to play the waiting game with Mankins and Wilfork and they wound up mismanaging the negotiations and overpaying. I can't agree more. He said that the Welker thing should have been addressed earlier so this is another screw up and now this is putting pressure on signing a difference maker like Williams. This whiff on Williams, a player who comes around every ten years, is a stupid move that will back fire on the Pats, But what do I know.

The Pats do very well and BB is a great coach, and we are all spoiled. For some reason they prefer to do everything the hard way. Call it luck or skill, they always play to the top of the league with a weak roster. Lat years roster was terrible if you go over each player. I don't know how he did it.

The most awesome and fun Team I ever watched was the 07 Pats. They pulled out the stops and, oh by the way were less than two minutes from a perfect season. There is no argument that changes that. It is miserable knowing that there are Teams that have grown a set and have decided to get better while as happens every year but 07 hope the crumbs work out. If BB needs to see tape on Williams I am sure we can get him some. He was the one player you most needed fro the last 5 years.

How many will they sign? 0 that make sense.
DW Toys

Can you please call BB and tell him this, so he can learn that its wrong to not want your team to be talented, and that those other teams with 'a set' are making so much noise now that BB is being embarassed, and those teams that are enbarrassing him are so bad they won't even go .500.

Maybe we can put an end to this dark era of the franchise.

If you mean other teams' FAs, then zero...unless that player is a Special Teams Maven
who can't play an offensive or defensive position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes