PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free agency?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free agency?

Votes: 61 55.0%

Votes: 26 23.4%

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • More than 2

Votes: 9 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free age

If you mean other teams' FAs, then zero...unless that player is a Special Teams Maven
who can't play an offensive or defensive position.

Supposedly Lloyd is visiting with the 49ers.
It seems the Patriots are going to avoid any blockbuster free agent pickups and draft their way towards improving their talent.
The real question is will they strike out yet again if they draft at the wide receiver position.

-Jamman

Last edited:
Re: How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free age

Can you please call BB and tell him this, so he can learn that its wrong to not want your team to be talented, and that those other teams with 'a set' are making so much noise now that BB is being embarassed, and those teams that are enbarrassing him are so bad they won't even go .500.

Maybe we can put an end to this dark era of the franchise.
Can you pass him the phone number?

At bed time the count is at 1, meet Niko Koutouvides and his 9 special teams tackles...

One more than 53% of us thought, clock ends at 4:00 PM tomorrow.
It's a start ......

Can you please call BB and tell him this, so he can learn that its wrong to not want your team to be talented, and that those other teams with 'a set' are making so much noise now that BB is being embarassed, and those teams that are enbarrassing him are so bad they won't even go .500.

Maybe we can put an end to this dark era of the franchise.

You completely misunderstood my effort. I praised BB for his unique ability to get the most out of washed up or lower ranked NFL players when it comes to Trades and FAs.

I praised the success of the Patriots teams.

He prefers for some reason, not to start with a more talented player to tutor where the learning curb is easier. Have you not heard of the term "Thrill of the chase"? Please do not tell me you are now a "Koolaider" AJ?

It makes logical sense if you have a player that is more talented to begin with, making an impact for the Team requires less effort on his part and betters the Team.

I have reiterated how the Patriots are year by year a top Team in the NFL with a very weak Draft history and an ongoing theory of Trading down year after year that has done absolutely nothing to better the talent in Drafted players in the end and yet we know he will do it again every year including this year, while we pray that he takes the Connor Barwins, the Greg Jennings, the Sheards and the Clay Matthews in talent and we get the Malcomb whats-his-names. We shock the world by Trading down with Dallas and they get an agreed knucklehead, but talented Dez Bryant who had 63 catches and 9 TDs missing two starts in 2011(but then again, who needs a speedy big WR that the Pats are now looking for) and we get a descending McCourty drafted a round too early and the famous Taylor Price.....good one! Who would not trade McCourty for Bryant now. McCourty I hope will be adequate but never an impact player. It's the shotgun approach. "We hope our slew of fourth and fifth rounders can magically impact the roster to make that highly valued first or second round of a talent wish they had never been born!"

As BB says....It's all about value.

While the Pats F.O. take their annual golfing trip to Arizona for the first few days of the Free Agency period, at least they leave their beloved office custodian Juan Smith from North Attelborro to conduct this silly FA company business while they are away until Friday. But this year Juan hit it big with the definite-maybe signing of FA ST dude Matt Slater and some Korovitis guy that name of which Juan could not really pronounce, but he did sign him while taking out the trash. He has a pen that writes through Doughnut grease, chewing gum and coffee stains.

Juan did allow us a sneak peak at the "War Room" Draft board. It was cool. The first three round were blank! There was not a single name posted, but from round four backwards the letters of the names of all the picks it looked like the disclaimer on a credit card contract. We are locked and loaded rounds four and down. After all we just invested time is going to Kentucky to visit some players that Juan had to make up cards for that no one had ever heard of. Another Pats sneak attack. Were they even on the Kentucky roster?

We saw some Draft name cards that had fallen on the floor like Coples, Ingram and Blackmon and Juan tells me BB tells him to throw the cards away that fall off the board from the first round section every year!

It's a credit to the organization that they are successful, but shock of all shocks........, they do make mistakes. Screwing around and playing games with Wilfork and Mankins cost them millions. This stupidity of the Welker deal is costing them millions after the lesser WRs were signed yesterday and it is going to affect their CAP. The Pats need to understand that they cannot set price for players. There are 31 others that determine what cost is. What numbskull decided that not signing Welker prior to this made sense? Who on this forum does not see that move as hurting the Team? Was not Wilfork and Mankins a poor business decision the way it was handled?

I agree BB may be the best coach ever in the NFL. I cannot believe for one minute some of those "business decisions" were made by BB. He is too smart to let that happen if in fact he did not have his finger on this. At least I hope so.

All I am saying is they are human. They make mistakes. I am not one to throw up my hands and say "In BB we trust". You said call him. Give me the number.
DW Toys

You completely misunderstood my effort. I praised BB for his unique ability to get the most out of washed up or lower ranked NFL players when it comes to Trades and FAs.

I praised the success of the Patriots teams.

He prefers for some reason, not to start with a more talented player to tutor where the learning curb is easier. Have you not heard of the term "Thrill of the chase"? Please do not tell me you are now a "Koolaider" AJ?

It makes logical sense if you have a player that is more talented to begin with, making an impact for the Team requires less effort on his part and betters the Team.

I have reiterated how the Patriots are year by year a top Team in the NFL with a very weak Draft history and an ongoing theory of Trading down year after year that has done absolutely nothing to better the talent in Drafted players in the end and yet we know he will do it again every year including this year, while we pray that he takes the Connor Barwins, the Greg Jennings, the Sheards and the Clay Matthews in talent and we get the Malcomb whats-his-names. We shock the world by Trading down with Dallas and they get an agreed knucklehead, but talented Dez Bryant who had 63 catches and 9 TDs missing two starts in 2011(but then again, who needs a speedy big WR that the Pats are now looking for) and we get a descending McCourty drafted a round too early and the famous Taylor Price.....good one! Who would not trade McCourty for Bryant now. McCourty I hope will be adequate but never an impact player. It's the shotgun approach. "We hope our slew of fourth and fifth rounders can magically impact the roster to make that highly valued first or second round of a talent wish they had never been born!"

As BB says....It's all about value.

While the Pats F.O. take their annual golfing trip to Arizona for the first few days of the Free Agency period, at least they leave their beloved office custodian Juan Smith from North Attelborro to conduct this silly FA company business while they are away until Friday. But this year Juan hit it big with the definite-maybe signing of FA ST dude Matt Slater and some Korovitis guy that name of which Juan could not really pronounce, but he did sign him while taking out the trash. He has a pen that writes through Doughnut grease, chewing gum and coffee stains.

Juan did allow us a sneak peak at the "War Room" Draft board. It was cool. The first three round were blank! There was not a single name posted, but from round four backwards the letters of the names of all the picks it looked like the disclaimer on a credit card contract. We are locked and loaded rounds four and down. After all we just invested time is going to Kentucky to visit some players that Juan had to make up cards for that no one had ever heard of. Another Pats sneak attack. Were they even on the Kentucky roster?

We saw some Draft name cards that had fallen on the floor like Coples, Ingram and Blackmon and Juan tells me BB tells him to throw the cards away that fall off the board from the first round section every year!

It's a credit to the organization that they are successful, but shock of all shocks........, they do make mistakes. Screwing around and playing games with Wilfork and Mankins cost them millions. This stupidity of the Welker deal is costing them millions after the lesser WRs were signed yesterday and it is going to affect their CAP. The Pats need to understand that they cannot set price for players. There are 31 others that determine what cost is. What numbskull decided that not signing Welker prior to this made sense? Who on this forum does not see that move as hurting the Team? Was not Wilfork and Mankins a poor business decision the way it was handled?

I agree BB may be the best coach ever in the NFL. I cannot believe for one minute some of those "business decisions" were made by BB. He is too smart to let that happen if in fact he did not have his finger on this. At least I hope so.

All I am saying is they are human. They make mistakes. I am not one to throw up my hands and say "In BB we trust". You said call him. Give me the number.
DW Toys

When you make your posts even longer they become even more daffy and unreadable

So, it looks like three. We'll see when the transactions are released tomorrow. Some might count Love, but I wouldn't count ERFA's who have no choice.

And Fanene makes 4.

One more down, the immortal Tracy White is back in town.
Tracy White - New England Patriots - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Two we got, that eliminates almost 80% of the experts.

I am expecting big things out of the coverage units.

Last edited:

I think most that responded here meaning new free agents not our own JAG's resigning.

Last edited:

fair enough.

We've signed one so far. Have any of the other playoff teams signed any free agents from othre teams who were in the nfl last year?

I think most that responded here meaning new free agents not our own JAG's resigning.

fair enough.

We've signed one so far. Have any of the other playoff teams signed any free agents from othre teams who were in the nfl last year?

When you have to toss in qualifiers like "were in the NFL last year" when discussing non-rookie free agency, you're clearly reaching for an argument that's not really there.

When you have to toss in qualifiers like "were in the NFL last year" when discussing non-rookie free agency, you're clearly reaching for an argument that's not really there.

We'll gladly talk about this without you then.

With just under half an hour left in the first 24 hours of free agency, the Pats are the only playoff team from last year to sign anybody who is switching teams. I'd say that's pretty significant considering how much a ton of people here have been complaining.

We'll gladly talk about this without you then.

With just under half an hour left in the first 24 hours of free agency, the Pats are the only playoff team from last year to sign anybody who is switching teams. I'd say that's pretty significant considering how much a ton of people here have been complaining.

It's not significant at all. It's one of the more meaningless data points the world's ever been presented.

Arguing that there were no free agent signings by excluding the free agent signings... :bricks:

Last edited:

Ding ding ding, it is over. Congrats to the 8.33% that said "More than 2"

We are locked and loaded at the gunner position and have additional depth on the defensive line.

And there is still 18 minutes to go in Day 1.

Last edited:

Ding ding ding, it is over. Congrats to the 8.33% that said "More than 2"

We are locked and loaded at the gunner position and have additional depth on the defensive line.

And there is still 18 minutes to go in Day 1.

Does resigning their own free agents really count? Personally, I got the tally at 1, but that is just me.

We have our answer..... 1!

Not including our own FA's of course :D

Does resigning their own free agents really count? Personally, I got the tally at 1, but that is just me.

I'm with you. I won, now what's my prize? A night out with a cheap whore? A year long supply of SPAM?

-Jamman

Yes, free agents = anyone who could sign with another team. ERFAs are not included because, well they are not free to sign with anyone else.

My game, my rules. I am taking my hockey net and going home.

Seriously, it is the same as if they signed a bunch of special teamers from other teams. White and Slater are very god at their role and Niko is a body for camp.

Last edited:

Well no matter the rules, we can all agree that the pessimistic 55% were absolutely wrong! :D

I'm with you. I won, now what's my prize? A night out with a cheap whore? A year long supply of SPAM?

-Jamman

What the heck, why not both?

Yes, free agents = anyone who could sign with another team. ERFAs are not included because, well they are not free to sign with anyone else.

My game, my rules. I am taking my hockey net and going home.

Seriously, it is the same as if they signed a bunch of special teamers from other teams. White and Slater are very god at their role and Niko is a body for camp.
I understood the concept of the thread as signing new players to the team. But it doesn't matter.

Fanene's a nice addition, and Slater/White/Koutivides shore up special teams for another year. There are still a few months left before the season starts, and we have the draft, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back