PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free agency?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free agency?

Votes: 61 55.0%

Votes: 26 23.4%

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • More than 2

Votes: 9 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Re: How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free age

ZeroSumLogoBig1.jpg

Re: How many free agents will the Patriots sign within the first 24 hours of free age

Odds say none. A very, very, very, very, very, very slim chance of one. But I wouldn't bet a single penny on it.

Although you may wish to round that off

Brandon Lloyd will sign first hopefully... and then two more great FA's lined up already, all in the first day. Sweet.

0...3 within 3 days

Lloyd signing on day 2

I'll even name three I expect us to sign within 24 hours.

Connolly, White, Ochocinco

they may sign some of there own FA's like Carter or Anderson or one of the centers but i say 0 new FA's

I could see them signing lloyd

Johnson's not a free agent

Maybe 1 or 2 of their own but I think 0 "new" FA's.

I'm assuming that you mean Branch?

I'll go with Slater, Connelly, and BJGE--just for kicks.

Well no one expected the Eagles to land Nnamdi last year especially with their perspective cap space, then Jenkins, Babin, Smith and so on......I know it did **** all for them when it translated to wins or lack thereof.........but they manipulated the cap very well and got who they wanted without any dire ramifications.

New England is more than capable of that same thing minus the loosing and missing the Playoffs of course.

But I still think they'll sign ZERO the first 2-3 days and freak out the fan base......but they'll do some scheming and surprise us all later on I believe.

Well no one expected the Eagles to land Nnamdi last year especially with their perspective cap space, then Jenkins, Babin, Smith and so on......I know it did **** all for them when it translated to wins or lack thereof.........but they manipulated the cap very well and got who they wanted without any dire ramifications.

New England is more than capable of that same thing minus the loosing and missing the Playoffs of course.

But I still think they'll sign ZERO the first 2-3 days and freak out the fan base......but they'll do some scheming and surprise us all later on I believe.

I understand what you're saying, but we really can't project any ramifications that the Eagles will have in the next few yrs from those signings either.

My bad

Connolly, White and Branch

Johnson's not a free agent

I understand what you're saying, but we really can't project any ramifications that the Eagles will have in the next few yrs from those signings either.

True but they are one of the few teams, like us, that seem to handle the cap well. But you are right though about 2 years from now. But I suppose that we could sign some better than expected players and have the cap hits really kick in on 2014 when the TV Deals happen and the cap balloons.

I guessed, more than 2, but whether they will be "big" signings remains to be seen. If you asked me whether they will have any "big" signings in the first 24 hours, I would say "1 or none."

I guessed, more than 2, but whether they will be "big" signings remains to be seen. If you asked me whether they will have any "big" signings in the first 24 hours, I would say "1 or none."

And by big, I mean highly sought-after players who played for another team last year, not our own guys.

None...

10chars

And by big, I mean highly sought-after players who played for another team last year, not our own guys.

If that's your def., then I guess none instead of the two I picked, however, nothing they do would totally surprise me. I don't expect them to sign P. Manning, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down