PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many AFC teams are that much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I normally don't start threads but with all the haters, Chicken littles and doom and gloomers outthere i felt i need to say something.

Seriously how many teams in the AFC are clearly far and away better then the patriots right now on a consistent basis. If te Pats play to there ability which they did not vs the chargers and other teams play to there natually ablity how many are better and to be honest I don't see 6 teams that are better then them.

If I had to pick i'd say the Colts, Chargers, and Titans are clearly better then the pats and Pittsburgh nad jacksonwille are on te same level as them other then that who knows.

I know everyone is going to scream HOMER HOMER HOMER and so be it but if you all look objectively at te talent that is out ther and the potential that is out there you'll see what i am saying

Steelers are way better than the Pats this year.

Denvers gonna have a field day next week.

Ravens Defense would have fun with softies like Maroney and Cassel.

Last edited:
Colts
Chargers
Steelers
Titans
Jaguars
Bills
Broncos
Jets (Yes we beat them, yes I still think they're better. Just as I think we're still better than the Dolphins)
Ravens

Of note, all the above teams (save for the Ravens) have the same amount, or more wins than us.

We won't even be a Top 8 AFC team with Matt Cassel. You can't be a top 8 AFC team with the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Also the whole "AFC is wide open this year!" thing was put to rest today. Chargers and Jaguars got back to .500 and the Colts dominate the best defense in the NFL to get right back to 3-2 .

Last edited:
The AFC is wide open. Even after tonight I still like our chances vs any of them. This could have been a completely different game had we executed in the red zone and didn't screw up on 3rd and short towards the end of the 1st half. All in all, we were able to move the ball and the defense made stops in the first half before they started the last possession with their backs against a wall. Then after that pathetic 4 and out from the 1 we were demoralized. I truly think we're not that far off, but the playcalling will have to be alot better if we're going to make any kind of run.

The AFC is a really wide open..SD NEEDED this game far more than the Pats...so it wasn't a big surpeise .there really are only a few that ARE better...but it's all about consistency..that SD played probably their best game all season when they needed to..and the Pats .did not..THAT happens..on another Sunday night it could be the other way around...

The only teams that appear to me to be clearly better are Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Indy.

Denver would have been on this list 2 weeks ago, but their offense has slowed to a crawl. Next Monday will decide that.

Buffalo remains in the mabye pile, but I haven't seen enough of them against good competition to tell.

Ok let's see...

Dolphins & Chargers for sure

Considering the Chargers had a tough loss in Denver, but a loss still the same the Broncos would have to be better than us.

I think it's a safe assumption that the Titans & Steelers can be added to that list.

So that's 5 teams clearly ahead of the Pats. With only 1 playoff spot remaining here's the teams we'll be competing with:

Bills
Jets
Jags
Ravens
Colts

I think we're ahead of the Jets & Ravens, but with the other 3 I'd say it's a huge question mark right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back